Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Has anybody noticed this?

NEPatriotsFan1

NEPatriotsFan1, 1st of all let me say congrats on that "Super Super Bowl Win " last Sunday.   Now to the good stuff I have not seen this happen before but I do believe once the RV / RI happen everything will be retroactive...:)    I do not think they are being lazy in regards to updating the chart just they are hiding something we hope will be revealed in the very near term IMHO.     Keeping Hope Alive!!

• Upvote 8

Just wondering if anyone has a chart like this for the VND....It would be strange if it was blank like this Chart. Hell, maybe something is going on....Supposedly the VND was supposed to do something between the 6-8 of Feb and I have learned nothing gets done on time.

Just hoping to see something happen.

Karsten

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Karsten said:

Just wondering if anyone has a chart like this for the VND....It would be strange if it was blank like this Chart. Hell, maybe something is going on....Supposedly the VND was supposed to do something between the 6-8 of Feb and I have learned nothing gets done on time.

Just hoping to see something happen.

Karsten

I got a bushel basket to ! Hope this happens, thxs for reviving this thread Karsten. :) Can only give 1 green one but I would like to give you more !!

pp

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

I got a bushel basket to ! Hope this happens, thxs for reviving this thread Karsten. :) Can only give 1 green one but I would like to give you more !!

pp

Hey, PP and everyone.....I am in this the same as the rest. I don't want to get a Luigi Rep and I rarely post much but something does seem to be stirring with the number missing....We have all been here before but something just feels different this time.

Karsten

• Upvote 4

No worries Karsten, not much chance of a Luigi rep. Never be afraid to post anything as long as its respectful (even I have a hard time with this one ) and its relevant to the topic. This is a good thread you started, good reminder to us that have the VND.

Rock on Karsten, it's all good.

pp

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Upvote 1

If you are worried about the spreadsheet, look at the auction when they post it the CBI states the rate at which the auction took place. The indicative rate has not changed since Jan 4th so why should they updte the date to the current day. This seems inefficient. The date is an "as of" date which will get changed next time they need to chnge it, like was done at the end of December. There is nothing fishy happening. Pyrite is a fools gold because only a fool sees gold where there is none. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

In other news, Lucky the Leprechaun was spotted under the rainbow with a pot o gold riding a unicorn who farts fairy dust. RV happenin soon!Too many people "see what they believe" rather than believe what they see. Top o the morn t''ya lads, ain't gonna bring it sooner to wish on me lucky charms! I know looking at the auction site for the rate is too much work, rather be handed the info. /s

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 2/9/2017 at 6:57 PM, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Thx Tigergorzow!!!! Always love your input and analysis...... What a win.... still getting over Edleman's catch!!!! I believe we Dinarians are gonna come from Behind...... SUDDENLY! Just like my New England Patriots ;) 

Yep! UH HUH That's the way I like it. :bravo:

On 2/9/2017 at 8:47 PM, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Would love to see the VN Dong inflate.....,, got a bunch myself... good thoughts Karsten.... I've been so focused on Dinar practically forgot about the Dong :) 

Now yer just beggin fer some Freudian slippage  chit chat. :lmao:

On 2/9/2017 at 8:57 PM, Karsten said:

Hey, PP and everyone.....I am in this the same as the rest. I don't want to get a Luigi Rep and I rarely post much but something does seem to be stirring with the number missing....We have all been here before but something just feels different this time.

Karsten

Hundredth Monkey Syndrome 

4 minutes ago, Theseus said:

In other news, Lucky the Leprechaun was spotted under the rainbow with a pot o gold riding a unicorn who farts fairy dust. RV happenin soon!Too many people "see what they believe" rather than believe what they see. Top o the morn t''ya lads, ain't gonna bring it sooner to wish on me lucky charms! I know looking at the auction site for the rate is too much work, rather be handed the info. /s

You mean like believing what they're living on? :lol:

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Theseus said:

If you are worried about the spreadsheet, look at the auction when they post it the CBI states the rate at which the auction took place. The indicative rate has not changed since Jan 4th so why should they updte the date to the current day. This seems inefficient. The date is an "as of" date which will get changed next time they need to chnge it, like was done at the end of December. There is nothing fishy happening. Pyrite is a fools gold because only a fool sees gold where there is none. 

As skeptical as this point of view is, it's probably the most logical one. However, if you've dealt with programs like Excel before (which this looks straight out of) there IS an auto-fill tool you can use when needed. Whenever you make a new row,  X column already has the information you want in there, since it's not really a fluctuating variable. As ass-backwards as these people can be sometimes, I sincerely doubt they're doing all of this with their fingers, and typing it in to the computer afterwards.

It's an odd occurrence, to say the least. You don't really want empty spaces when doing book keeping like this, especially when it's out to the public. Any explanation is valid at this point, though.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kraidle said:

As skeptical as this point of view is, it's probably the most logical one. However, if you've dealt with programs like Excel before (which this looks straight out of) there IS an auto-fill tool you can use when needed. Whenever you make a new row,  X column already has the information you want in there, since it's not really a fluctuating variable. As ass-backwards as these people can be sometimes, I sincerely doubt they're doing all of this with their fingers, and typing it in to the computer afterwards.

It's an odd occurrence, to say the least. You don't really want empty spaces when doing book keeping like this, especially when it's out to the public. Any explanation is valid at this point, though.

Kraidle, Truly appreciate your analysis of the information provided and agree so hopefully this mystery will come to light in the very near term.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, tigergorzow said:

Kraidle, Truly appreciate your analysis of the information provided and agree so hopefully this mystery will come to light in the very near term.

"Analysis" might be too strong of a word to use for what I wrote, I was just going off of experience and personal opinion. But you're welcome. I just want to buy a house in the mainland and a few guns. I'd like for them to get on with it already. :D

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Kraidle said:

"Analysis" might be too strong of a word to use for what I wrote, I was just going off of experience and personal opinion. But you're welcome. I just want to buy a house in the mainland and a few guns. I'd like for them to get on with it already. :D

Kraidle,  Understand....P.R. is on my lists to visit....😊 

17 hours ago, Kraidle said:

While my last assessment on Excel taken just recently was above 95%, the auto-fill feature is not something everyone uses even with the most experienced excel users. VLOOKUP is also a very under utilized tool that people find difficult to use but really isn't. They probably could have just as well highlighted the cell and dragged the info down the column by the little block on the lower right. Works the same as autofill. Why the haven't done either is anyone's guess. The rationale I gave was the most logical down to earth explanation. The next date to change the rates is slated for July. If the indicative date changes then and then does not change this proves the "skeptical point of view" that this is an "as-of" date and there is nothing further to read into this. The auctions states the rate to which the auction took place.  It's right there in black and white. Nothing at all skeptical about that. What is skeptical is seeing something that is in front of your face and wanting something so bad you change what you see into something it is not. Skeptical is saying that all the auctions that do not have cells filled in will be back filled in to the new rate when a new rate is announced. Money has already changed hands. Iraq isn't going to go back to all of these auctions and say oh by the way we changed the rate we owe you money. The auctions took place at the stated rate, the program rate of 1182. I could see them doing this maybe to one or two auctions but the amount of auctions that have taken place and the time that has passed is too great in number to grandfather those into the new rate. This would be adding additional complexity to the past auctions that they do not need. Most of the time a duck is is just that - a duck  

• Upvote 2

I don't think the Vietnam Central Bank has auctions ... but I'll see if I can find anything on their site.

Native

Home

Exchange Rate

The State Bank of Vietnam quoted the central rate of VND versus USD on 02/15/2017:  

Central rate of VND versus USD Exchange rate  
  1 USD = 22,236 VND  
  Document No 42/TB-NHNN  
  Date of issuing 02/15/2017  

Date 02/15/2017
Unit of currency: VND (Viet Nam Dong)

No Abbr Currency Buy Sell  
  1 USD United States Dollar 22,575 22,853  
  2 EUR Euro 22,807 24,218  
  3 JPY Japanese Yen 188.61 200.28  
  4 GBP Great Britain Pound 26,868 28,530  
  5 CHF Swiss Franc 21,425 22,751  

The State Bank of Vietnam quoted cross rates of VND versus several major foreign currencies for the purpose of tax evaluation for the period from 02/09/2017 to 02/15/2017 as follows:  

No Abbr. Currency Exchange rate  
  1 EUR Euro 23,727.03  
  2 JPY Japanese Yen 198  
  3 GBP Great Britain Pound 27,755.56  
  4 CHF Swiss Franc 22,272.59  
  5 AUD Australian dollar 16,944.7  
  6 CAD Canadian dollar 16,849.77  
  7 SEK Swedish krona 2,503.86  
  8 NOK Norwegian krone 2,670.61  
  9 DKK Danish krone 3,192.64  
  10 RUB Russian ruble 374.36  
  11 NZD NewZealand dollar 16,218.5  
  12 HKD Hong Kong dollar 2,862.48  
  13 SGD Singapore dollar 15,668.12  
  14 MYR Malaysian Ringgit 5,004.06  
  15 THB Thai baht 633.79  
  16 IDR Indonesia Rubiah 1.67  
  17 INR Indian Rupee 329.84  
  18 TWD Taiwan Dollar 714.5  
  19 CNY Chinese Yuan 3,224.63  
  20 KHR Cambodia Riel 5.57  
  21 LAK Lao Kip 2.72  
  22 MOP Macau Pacata 2,781.91  
  23 TRY Turkey 5,932.89  
  24 KRW South Korean Won 19.38  
  25 BRL Brazin Rin 7,117.95  
  26 PLN Zloty 5,508.07  

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like my analysis was correct all along. After checking on the spreadsheet this morning the only thing not filled in is the remittances column. The auction price was filled in to be 1184 for each auction as posted and as I have espoused. Each auction states the auction price in the announcement which gets posted in the News forum and if you miss it you can always go to the CBI website. Like I have also said the 1/4/2017 indicative date is an as-of date meaning that the rate announced is the rate going forward as of the date listed - 1/4/2017. This is what it is, nothing secretive, nothing to hide. When the unicorn farts sometimes it's just a fart. I know some will be disappointed the unicorn didn't fart rainbows. 

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 1