Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

4 weeks no cable

Muleslayer

It has been 4 weeks since I left "real time" television.

i find my self moving in strange directions. Fo instance I have become hooked on a masterpiece theater show called Downton Abbey.

a total binge watching of all seasons. Go figure former jarhead, hunter, techno wizard (smile) self proclaimed Macho man (when younger) getting hooked on a soap box opera!

have any of you seen it? I hear echos of my fathers ancestors in the turns of phrase used in the show. Jolly good, good show, *** for a tat etc.......

if you have not please do! it is quite good!

i see my self in a mixture of Branson Mr Carson and Mr Barrow with a touch of Mr Barrow nastiness thrown in.

ah late night confession. I hope sister mary oliphant does not read this!

Edited by Muleslayer
WHN edited for poor spelling. So there!
  • Upvote 5

Been over 7 years no cable in our household. When we saw how the game is played years ago

we decided to stop allowing it into the house. No use spending that money on being lied to along

with the attempts at shaping public opinion. We do enjoy watching old shows in the evening, no

commercials and no propaganda. Nice not to sit and stare at someone trying to tell us how to think. :)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Markinsa said:

I did a Hogan's Heroes Marathon on youtube.  They've got all the episodes.

Hey Mark... been watching a lot of Hogan's Heroes lately!  It's soooo much better watching as an adult, than when I was a kid! 

• Upvote 2

Muleslayer, Welcome to the real  revolt, my friend. You know we'll have to get together for dinner with the wife's sometime. My wife and I have decided to join the Catholic Church in Andale and things are really looking up. I did recently change my number but still got the one you gave me. Or you could just PM me again sometime. We would love to get together. :tiphat:

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Muleslayer, Welcome to the real  revolt, my friend. You know we'll have to get together for dinner with the wife's sometime. My wife and I have decided to join the Catholic Church in Andale and things are really looking up. I did recently change my number but still got the one you gave me. Or you could just PM me again sometime. We would love to get together. :tiphat:

Good for you brother! For me it was a sublimare. original Latin raised to a higher state" perhaps.

emotionaly it was deponentes for me.

when I was a child I spoke as a child. I have put away childish things. At least I am trying to!

i hope it is as good for you as it was for me.

i am always open to a good dinner! Maybe you and your lady could join us one weekend at table rock lake!

my digits are still the same. 

We are members at St Catherine's on Ridge Road.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Muleslayer said:

Good for you brother! For me it was a sublimare. original Latin raised to a higher state" perhaps.

emotionaly it was deponentes for me.

when I was a child I spoke as a child. I have put away childish things. At least I am trying to!

i hope it is as good for you as it was for me.

i am always open to a good dinner! Maybe you and your lady could join us one weekend at table rock lake!

my digits are still the same. 

We are members at St Catherine's on Ridge Road.

Will be in touch my friend. 

• 5 months later...