Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gov't troops seal off all roads leading to Tahrir square in Baghdad

tigergorzow

"Nouri al-Maliki days are counting down to the ROPE for crimes against Iraqi people"

January 13 2017 11:44 AM
Government troops
Government troops

Government troops sealed off all roads leading to the Tahrir square in central Baghdad after Iraqi activists called for protests across the country Friday.

Security forces have been heavily deployed near al-Wathba, al-Khullani and Tahrir squares in Baghdad in anticipation of any possible protest, an informed source said.

An Iraqi committee on Thursday called for staging rallies Friday across Iraq in protest at the dispersal of the Sadrists' peaceful sit-in earlier this week.

In a statement, the central committee overseeing popular demonstrations said the dispersal of the sit-in by the Iraqi government reflects the corruption and barbarism of Iraqi politicians.

It stressed that such harsh measures will not affect the Iraqi people's resolve to continue protesting against the deteriorating security situation in the country.

On Tuesday, the Baghdad Operation Command said that security forces had dispersed the sit-in that was held earlier in Tahrir Square of the Iraqi capital Baghdad due to the lack of security permits.

In a press release, the command added that this comes within its security procedures that aim to protect sit-inners from any expected terror attacks.

It added that no entity or person has demanded a permit to hold the protest that was launched on Sunday evening.

Supporters of the Sadrist Movement took to the streets Monday in protest at recurrent security breaches and terrorist bombings in Iraq.

Gathering at the Tahrir Square, the demonstrators blamed former prime minister Nouri al-Maliki for the deteriorating security situation in Iraq.

They expressed determination to put an end to crimes committed by Iran-backed
Maliki against the Sadrists.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/4977/Gov-t-troops-seal-off-all-roads-leading-to-Tahrir-square-in-Baghdad

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, tigergorzow said:

"Nouri al-Maliki days are counting down to the ROPE for crimes against Iraqi people"

Gathering at the Tahrir Square, the demonstrators blamed former prime minister Nouri al-Maliki for the deteriorating security situation in Iraq.

They expressed determination to put an end to crimes committed by Iran-backed
Maliki against the Sadrists.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/4977/Gov-t-troops-seal-off-all-roads-leading-to-Tahrir-square-in-Baghdad

Now wait a minute I think Maliki deserves his far chance to explain himself and to have a chance to repay Iraq for all he has done to them. So I suggest a Pay Per View event where he gets to speak to the people then when he is done speaking he gets burned alive...or shot...or hung...what ever works to get the highest ratings and all the proceeds go to the Iraqi general fund.

Image result for pay per view

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Drunk_Viking64 said:

Now wait a minute I think Maliki deserves his far chance to explain himself and to have a chance to repay Iraq for all he has done to them. So I suggest a Pay Per View event where he gets to speak to the people then when he is done speaking he gets burned alive...or shot...or hung...what ever works to get the highest ratings and all the proceeds go to the Iraqi general fund.

Image result for pay per view

I would do my part and pay for that.

• Upvote 3

Sadr urges Tahrir Sq. protesters to call for elections commission change

"Sadr & The Protesters Have Been Quiet Long Enough So GOI, CBI and Parliament Get Busy With The Monetary Reforms, Important Laws, Corruption, Vacant Ministries Meaning No More Delays & Excuses, Chop Chop.....:D:D"

January 13 2017 06:33 PM
Sadrist Leader Muqtada al-Sadr
Sadrist Leader Muqtada al-Sadr

Sadrist Leader Muqtada al-Sadr called on thousands of people who launched a protest on Friday in Tahrir Square to demand changing the elections commission and issuing of a more "strict" law".

Earlier, thousands of citizens and activists protested in Tahrir Square in the Iraqi capital Baghdad against the dispersal of a sit-in that was held earlier on Tuesday.

The protesters called on the prime minister to clarify reasons behind the dispersal of the sit-in and also urged him and his government to work on fighting corruption in the country.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/4986/Sadr-urges-Tahrir-Sq-protesters-to-call-for-elections-commission-change

Edited by tigergorzow
  • Upvote 2

Iraqi expats in London protest dispersal of Baghdad peaceful rally

"Ya better let those Protesters protests peacefully in Tahrir Square they are sick & tired of the corruption in the GOI, Parliament,  All hell is going to break loose real soon"

January 15 2017 08:04 PM
protest of Iraqi community in London
protest of Iraqi community in London

Iraqi expatriates in London organized on Sunday a protest against the dispersal of Baghdad peaceful sit-in on Tuesday.

Earlier, thousands of citizens and activists protested in Tahrir Square in the Iraqi capital Baghdad against the dispersal of a sit-in that was held earlier on Tuesday.

The protesters called on the prime minister to clarify reasons behind the dispersal of the sit-in and also urged him and his government to work on fighting corruption in the country.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/5052/Iraqi-expats-in-London-protest-dispersal-of-Baghdad-peaceful-rally

Edited by tigergorzow
  • Upvote 2

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:50 AM, zzztop said:

I'd like to believe that justice is coming for M, but I've seen this movie before.

you know it. tomorrow he will be running for PM. with voters to back him.. he is like Hillarious the Stupid fallow in groves..

On 1/14/2017 at 10:50 AM, zzztop said:

I'd like to believe that justice is coming for M, but I've seen this movie before.

I know zzztop I have wondered from the beginning why he has not been taken out yet.

Heck not even an attempt on his life. All I can think of is Abadi and others will wait for

the right time and the war crime tribunal of the world will take care of him. Hopefully

soon before he escapes to Iran. :blink: :confused2: