Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SWIFT and BIC Code of Iraq, All banks, All cities

yota691

Central supports international mathematical figure "IBAN" to unify bank account numbers

economy

Since 09/01/2017 14:06 pm (Baghdad time)

44.jpg

Baghdad balances News

The central bank adopted Monday, the international mathematical figure "IBAN" to unify bank account numbers.

The bank said in a statement received / balances News / copy of it, he was "adopted international number arithmetic of IBAN, starting from the second of January of 2017 in all local and foreign remittances."

He added that "this procedure was for the purpose of unification of bank accounts in all banks operating in Iraq numbers."

He pointed out the bank, according to his statement, that "the new version of the account numbers will contribute to improve the level of financial and banking services, as well as common mistakes exceeded in some banks and financial institutions in the use of customer accounts when remittance figures" .anthy 29 / A 43

• Upvote 12

Monday, January 9, 2017 13:54

Search Bigger

Alsumaria News / Baghdad 
announced the central bank, on Monday, for the adoption of the international mathematical figure "IBAN" to unify bank account numbers, pointing out that the new version of the account numbers will contribute to improve the level of financial and banking services. 

The bank said in a statement received, Alsumaria News, a copy of it, it was "adopted international number arithmetic of IBAN , starting from the second of January of 2017 in all local and foreign remittances , " attributing the cause of action to "unite the bank account numbers in all operating in the banking Iraq ".

The bank added that " the new version of the account numbers will contribute to improve the level of financial and banking services, as well as common mistakes exceeded in some banks and financial institutions in the use of customer accounts when remittance figures." 

And established an independent Iraqi Central Bank as a bank under a law issued on the sixth of March 2004, as an independent body, which is responsible for maintaining price stability and the implementation of monetary policy, including exchange rate policies are being daily sessions for buying and selling currencies.

• Upvote 12

10 minutes ago, yota691 said:

And established an independent Iraqi Central Bank as a bank under a law issued on the sixth of March 2004, as an independent body, which is responsible for maintaining price stability and the implementation of monetary policy, including exchange rate policies are being daily sessions for buying and selling currencies.

THAT!

:twothumbs::backflip:

:cigar:

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, Golfnsr said:

I am still a little guarded about what this means concerning an RV being very close.

Guess I have just been fired up too many times.

I agree. Stay guarded and let's see what happens. Someone stated Iraq needs an IBAN number to be international. I don't know if that is true or if every international currency has a number. Yota posted that 69 countries had a number, so that would mean many do not.

B/A

• Upvote 4

Here is a link from October 20, 2016 stating the training of the Rasheed Bank employees on the IBAN:

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/226241-rational-using-the-universal-banking-system-through-the-application-of-the-iban-to-transfer-money/

Looks like the ground work has been laid internally and now the key entity (CBI) has the IBAN in place to link Iraq internally to the rest of the world internationally.

Here is a link to a summary of DVers who stated the IBAN number had already been applied to their WARKA accounts - possibly as far back as late October 2016:

• Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I agree. Stay guarded and let's see what happens. Someone stated Iraq needs an IBAN number to be international. I don't know if that is true or if every international currency has a number. Yota posted that 69 countries had a number, so that would mean many do not.

B/A

If I understand this correctly,  it is in regards to ACCOUNTS, not currency. 

• Upvote 6

this is EDIFACT, united nations/ electronic data interchange UN/CEFACT under the united nations center for financial services . to enable end to end straight through processing. TBG5 allowing banks to collaborate on a standards issues for the payment domain ... Seems like if this is under the UN,, Article 8 should  been SOON ..

• Upvote 6

Good morning Yota and DV- I am especially pleased to see the links in this thread - what a great was to start the week! I don't see many icons in Orange next to news headings, and am glad to see the importance of this necessary item given the attention it deserves! 

• Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to SWIFT and BIC Code of Iraq, All banks, All cities