Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

www.xe.com

Synopsis

The www.xe.com exchange IQD vs. USD has had a change in behavior lately.  Here are some graphs:

One Year

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=IQD&view=1Y

One Month

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=IQD&view=1M

One Week

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=IQD&view=1W

One Day

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=IQD&view=1D

What is interesting is the IQD has fluctuated between the 1,180 to 1,182 IQD vs. USD over the past few days.  Quite a difference over the past year and before.  I had always wondered what the secondary indices (such as xe) would show prior to a significant change in the IQD vs. USD exchange rate.  To me, this may be an indication of the Central Bank of Iraq and other world banking modern communication and software systems synchronizing.

Maybe wishful thinking but my opinion and :twocents: nonetheless.

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

What is interesting is the IQD has fluctuated between the 1,180 to 1,182 IQD vs. USD over the past few days.  Quite a difference over the past year and before.  I had always wondered what the secondary indices (such as xe) would show prior to a significant change in the IQD vs. USD exchange rate.  To me, this may be an indication of the Central Bank of Iraq and other world banking modern communication and software systems synchronizing.

....Until your explanation, I was loster than a goose in a snowstorm....''Thanks'' for clearing this up...I'll take your hunch on it as ''Good-News''....:peace:

• Upvote 5

Just now, skeetdog said:

....Until your explanation, I was loster than a goose in a snowstorm....''Thanks'' for clearing this up...I'll take your hunch on it as ''Good-News''....:peace:

Yes, SkeetDog, to me it is Good-News - and the change shortly after January 1, 2017!  Purely my opinion but the synchronization of various banking and exchange systems would appear to be a requirement.  This appears to coincide with the CBI sell/buy rates on the CBI website.  Hey, if the IQD vs. USD exchange didn't matter then we would likely have the same ole same ole.

• Upvote 6

it looks like they are locking onto a target rate, then remove the zeros.  That would be a rate of .85 per dinar.  Just a guess and a very wishful one at that !! Then, after a while let it float.  Hey, but then nobody asked me for any input

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, okane said:

it looks like they are locking onto a target rate, then remove the zeros.  That would be a rate of .85 per dinar.  Just a guess and a very wishful one at that !! Then, after a while let it float.  Hey, but then nobody asked me for any input

Thanks for your input okane,

I agree with you. 

• Upvote 3

FYI. CBI Changed rate from 1182 to 1184.

Australian Dollar        AUD    856.506      856.077

Gold of 24 carat Gold 1,362,784.000 1,360,482.000

Currency Code Sell Buy
US dollar USD 1184.000 1182.000
Euro EUR 1229.584 1228.969
British pound GBP 1455.018 1454.290
Canadian dollar CAD 881.083 880.643
Swiss franc CHF 1150.073 1149.498
Swedish krona SEK 129.489 129.425
Norwegian krone NOK 136.601 136.532
Danish krone DKK 165.398 165.315
Japanese yen JPY ----- -----
Special
Drawing Rights
SDR 1582.534 1581.743
Indicative rates - 04.01.2017

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, okane said:

I for one remain optimistic that they will come out with their Dinar's value falling just above the dollar, making it far more sought after then the dollar!!! :D  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, deniscanada said:

small fluctuations are totally normal. 

Because the IQD is a solid peg to the USD. As the USD climes or drops The IQD has to make adjustments to stay on par with the USD. All currency websites have to do this to correct there websites to show the correct values. 

This is fact!

I was just about to call my boss and give my 2 weeks notice,glad I saw your post. Guess I'll be working a bit longer....

• Upvote 4

***///  We've seen everything from 1166 to 1185 and everything in between.... and we've been watching it on like 3-4 different

currency websites pretty steadily, at different times of day/night.... for a long, long, long, long time.  Sigh.... :facepalm2:

We figure the only way we're gonna know for sure is when we come here and read DVers' posts telling Adam Montana how

much they love him... (more than we usually do...  :P )

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Officiallytook said:

Thought I was the only one noticing watching this Syn...with the news... man seems like just a few more days..

I am hoping it is just a few more days, too, Officiallytook!  I agree that with the news and other external indicators, we just may have our much awaited surprise on the near horizon!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, jcfrag said:

I for one remain optimistic that they will come out with their Dinar's value falling just above the dollar, making it far more sought after then the dollar!!! :D  :twothumbs:

I'm with you on that thought as well.  If they really do want to get the USD out of their market and off of their streets then they have to come out stronger.

• Upvote 2