Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

20 years ago today...

Markinsa

A woman awoke in the middle of the night to find her husband not in bed.  She put on her robe and went downstairs to look for him.

She found him sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of hot cocoa in front of  him.  He appeared to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall.  She watched as he wiped a tear from his eye.

What's the  matter dear? she whispered as she stepped into the room.  "Why are you down here at this time of night?"

The husband looked up from his drink. "It's the 20th anniversary of the day we met."

She couldn't believe he had remembered and started to tear up.  The husband continued. "Do you remember 20 years ago when we started dating? I was 18 and you were only 15," he said solemnly.

Once again the wife was touched to tears thinking that her husband was so caring and sensitive.

"Yes, I do," she replied.

The husband paused.  The words were not coming easily.

"Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car?" "Yes, I remember," said the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him.

The husband continued.  "Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, "Either you marry my daughter or I will make sure you spend the next 20 years in prison?"

"I remember that, too,"  she replied softly.

He sighed as he wiped another tear away from his cheek and said, "I would have gotten out today."

• Upvote 7

• 6 months later...