Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The next currency to watch long term...

Its simply FOOLISH to not invest 500.00 in the VND.

I hv 5 Million, I see no Immediate impact but one day this will be a nice cash basket ladies and gents.

MONEX.com

APMEX.com

Bars and/or Coins, whatever your preference is... I have found that buying the 100oz silver bullion is the most economical way to go in most cases. If I remember correctly, APMEX was a little cheaper for the 100 oz silver bullion bars.

STAY AWAY FROM APMEX.

JUST SIMPLY STUPID MARK-UP SPREAD.angry.gif

REDICULOUSblink.gif

• Upvote 1

Personally, If you are buying silver as a hedge to really rough times ahead, and maybe even if your not, buy bags of circulated silver. Buy from an old established USA coin dealer. Most want just the coins that have no real value except for silver content. Buy either USA silver dimes or quarters, pre 1964 dates. These coins are recognized around most of the world and most everyone knows they are 90% silver.

DOC31,

INDEED!!! ACCORDING TO US GEOLOGICAL, OVER $1 TRILLION WORTH OF LITHIUM ALONE. THE COUNTRY'S GDP IS ONLY 12 BILLION AND THERE FIRST LITHIUM ORDER IS VALUED AT $2 BILLION. ON TOP OF THAT, THEY'VE ALREADY ASCENDED INTO THE WTO. I'VE GOT IT AS AN EIGHT YEAR PLAY.... I LIKE THIS MOVE ALOT PROVIDED THIS IRAQI RV OCCURS AND THE PEOPLE OF IRAQ TAKE THERE COUNTRY TO THE NEXT LEVEL. IN MY OPINION, WE NEED IRAQ TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN ORDER FOR AFGHANISTAN TO JUMP TO THE NEXT LEVEL. REMEMBER, THE STRATEGIES FROM THE EARLY FOUNDING DOCUMENTS WANTED TO SURROUND IRAN WITH SUCCESSFUL DEMOCRACIES NEXT DOOR -- IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN.

THANKS FOR THE POST,

SCOOTER

Who would have ever dreamed that the Russian Ruble (RUB) would be at the very least a "safe" place to put your money to avoid hyperinflation and collapse!

Didn't they just discover a huge deposit of lithium in Afghanistan ... or was it Pakistan (oops)

I don't care what you say ... given an oportunity I will own more VND for the long haul ... Intel, HP, and all the car companies ... give it 5 -15 years it will be a powerhouse like all of the other countries that we farmed out our industry to with low labor costs. They aren't low any more and neither are their currencies ... just ask Japan, China, Hong Kong, etc

Thanks for the post

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Gold and silver are the way to go, more so with silver!

another good site

provident metals .com

GOLDENSTATEMINT.COM

my opinion on the 100 oz. bars, as things get tight people have been known to kote lead bars with silver

smaller bars and coins are better?

But a thing to wonder is when the Dinar re-values,

1) will the US dollar strengthen?

2) will Gold and silver go up or down?

iI believe when the Dinar re-values the dollar will strengthen and gold and silver will take a hige dive, but i do think

that silver will not stay down for long.

JMO

GLTA

Bob

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

I heard with gold and silver to get the Gold flying eagle coins and the silver one oz. coins. Bigger bulk is harder to get rid of in a hurry and may cost more to exchange.

• 2 weeks later...

Foe metals I really like copper. I'm holding it decent amount of copper bars. I also however built a machine that separates copper pennies from the new zinc pennies I normally pick up 1 or 2 $25 dollar boxes per week. sort them in return the zincs to a bank.

yes I know there is a melt down on coins and this idea may sound crazy however I'm sure it was a crazy idea back in the 60s and 70s when people were pulling silver coins. Silver prices were pretty low back then.

as for currencies I like the vietnam dong, singapore dollar, new zealand dollar and maybe south korea won

• 5 months later...

My guess right now would be some of these currencies'

Japan, China, India, Russia, and Iran to name a few. There are others i will not mention at this time. I base this on their tradeable currency and affiliation of them doing business with one another without the US dollar being their base of currency.

• 1 month later...

DOC31,

INDEED!!! ACCORDING TO US GEOLOGICAL, OVER $1 TRILLION WORTH OF LITHIUM ALONE. THE COUNTRY'S GDP IS ONLY 12 BILLION AND THERE FIRST LITHIUM ORDER IS VALUED AT $2 BILLION. ON TOP OF THAT, THEY'VE ALREADY ASCENDED INTO THE WTO. I'VE GOT IT AS AN EIGHT YEAR PLAY.... I LIKE THIS MOVE ALOT PROVIDED THIS IRAQI RV OCCURS AND THE PEOPLE OF IRAQ TAKE THERE COUNTRY TO THE NEXT LEVEL. IN MY OPINION, WE NEED IRAQ TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN ORDER FOR AFGHANISTAN TO JUMP TO THE NEXT LEVEL. REMEMBER, THE STRATEGIES FROM THE EARLY FOUNDING DOCUMENTS WANTED TO SURROUND IRAN WITH SUCCESSFUL DEMOCRACIES NEXT DOOR -- IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN.

THANKS FOR THE POST,

SCOOTER

Scooter, I follow your posts with great interest, and respect your opinions. Thank you for all you add to this corner of the investment community!

One question, where do you buy your Afgani's?

Where would you buy silver from? I have no clue about it. Does it come in "

Bars", since you talked about the weight...

Sorry If i sound stupid. I am not, just all of this is new to me. If you have a good source, I would appreciate knowing, so if and when this happens, I can invest somewhere.. thank you!

I like Provident Metals. Overall their price reasonable plus shipping rates. BEWARE of shipping rates at other sites. It adds to your total cost.

Buy in quantities of 20 and get a nice container with it. Great for storage.

http://www.providentmetals.com/

• Upvote 1

Don't waste your time on the VND. Silver is where the ticket is. Few people actually know that there is less silver then gold. They are both being manipulated to keep them low because they are both used in many electronics. Silver reserves have already been shown will run out before gold and at these prices it's a steal.Typically silver has followed a trading pattern behind gold except for the last 5 years. This will change as the supplies continue to run out.

So has anyone else heard that silver will top out $1,000 an ounce and gold will top out at $56,000 an ounce. If that is the case, then 10 ounces of silver would be equal to 10,000 dollars and 10 ounces of gold would be equal to $560,000 USD.

Or if you compared 2 ounces of gold to 10 ounces of silver....... $10,000 verses $112,000.........

The gold looks to be the better of the two IMHO..... :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
50 minutes ago, dinardiggerisme said:

The US - one ounce silver eagle - has a value of one dollar stamped on it.

The US - one ounce gold eagle - has a value of 50 dollars stamped on it.

Looks Crooked to me.....

Buy Silver Rounds...

Silver Round or Gold Rounds are not Legal US Tender.

The Silver Round is a True Ounce  or Silver where the US Silver Dollar is only 90% silver

The Gold Round is also a true one Ounce where say a Double Eagle US Gold Coin is around .78 ounce.

Old coins and new Rounds or Bullion are to different things.

If you want silver buy Silver Shot.

Karsten

• 3 months later...
On 7/17/2010 at 11:46 AM, Doc31 said:

Who would have ever dreamed that the Russian Ruble (RUB) would be at the very least a "safe" place to put your money to avoid hyperinflation and collapse!

Didn't they just discover a huge deposit of lithium in Afghanistan ... or was it Pakistan (oops)

I don't care what you say ... given an oportunity I will own more VND for the long haul ... Intel, HP, and all the car companies ... give it 5 -15 years it will be a powerhouse like all of the other countries that we farmed out our industry to with low labor costs. They aren't low any more and neither are their currencies ... just ask Japan, China, Hong Kong, etc

Thanks for the post

That's where I get confused The ruble is just as fiat as the USD, so how is the ruble backed by commodities of said country?