Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Your prediction please

bostonangler

My 2 cents right after the new year many people will take their profits (why pay 2016 tax levels 45%+ when in just 3 weeks it will be 2017 at tax rates could be at 20%+/-) and reinvest into the smaller business ventures hoping to be part of the next generation Cisco, Apple, Starbucks or whatever new on the paper idea that needs a little venture funding. When Trump clears the way to open a business then all HE11 will break loose (at least in the red states). Image result for small business

• Upvote 3

Back in the early 1990's I read a book called "The Power of Money Dynamics" by Venita VanCaspel.  She predicted that some day the Dow would get to 4,000.  I remember thinking how impossible that seemed.  Just read where Merriam-Webster's word for this year is "surreal."  That sure seems fitting.  Not an expert on the market, for sure, so I have no clue.  This might be a bubble, followed by a crash.  For those of us who would have extra funds to invest post-RV, a small crash would enable us to get in at a good time as it's proven to be a cyclical entity.

• Upvote 4

Historically speaking whenever there is one political party in control of both houses and the Presidency the stock market goes up and average of 16%.

20,000 times 16% is 3200 add that to the 20,000 and you get 23,000.

I'm betting on Trump to ensure the RV of the dinar and that gives the U.S. Gov. some added Trillions of Dollars. {at least that is if one believes the government owns trillions of dinar.} 

So what do ya think will happen to the stock market if Donald Trump SUDDENLY wiped out Trillions of our debt in one day. Yea! I'm betting that another 2000 points in the market is just  a small percentage of what will happen. 

And for anyone that thinks this is a pipe dream, let me remind you that not one single EXPERT even dreamed that Trump would win the Presidency. Trump has shown us one thing, and that is he knows how to win. 

DON'T THINK FOR A SECOND THAT THE LIBRETARD ESTABLISHMENT IS GOING TO SURPRISE HIM WITH SOMETHING THAT HE IS NOT EXPECTING.

Trump, is the one that has been surprising everyone.  

• Upvote 3

I like your thinking... One of the big problems is that most of that gain has been by the big banks. The problem there is that the banks are loading up again on bad debt. The banks are making loans to people who are living pay check to pay check. In my area they are advertising No Money Down mortgages. The banks then sell these risky loans in big investment pools... That is one issue to keep your eyes on. Rinse Wash Repeat.  JMHO

B/A

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have read some who think it will drift sideways and move to 23,000. Others say it is oversold and a big sell-off is coming. With oil and precious metals moving up along with the fed's rate I have moved many of my holdings out of stocks and taking my profits into some conservative funds. It is never bad to take profits. I'm leaving some on the table in bios that offer a risk/reward scenario just in case this run up continues.... JMHO

B/A

• Upvote 1

Good discussion, nice to see.

I would recommend not bucking the trend, BUT, make sure you protect any positions with stop loss orders,

allow those to take you out with profit. Using stop loss also helps you not to allow your positions to control

your life knowing that if those stop loss points are hit, you will still walk away with some profit.

Coming corrections I see are from 1,500 - 2,500 points in the Dow which has been typical for the last

8 years.

A larger correction likely over the next 2 - 3 years could see the Dow fall back 5,000 - 7,500 points

matching the 2007 - 2008 correction. Markets tend to be cyclical barring any major economic disruptions

such as the very shaky policy of easy mortgages, etc., which have been pumped back up again over the

last few years, repeating the SAME mistakes under Bush jr. in the lead up to 2005 - 2008 fall out.

Utilize those stop loss orders...remain optimistic yet cautious, and you can rest much easier in a market that can change over night.

Just my thoughts...

You guys have a happy and peaceful year ahead. :)

Edited by Jim1cor13
  • Upvote 2