Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Oil and Gas Law of the Kurdistan Region - Iraq No. (28) 2007

tigergorzow

***KRG PASSED OIL AND GAS LAW IN 2007 - Full PDF in link below!!

KURDISTAN REGION – IRAQ

PRESIDENCY OF THE REGION

THE PRESIDENT

IN THE NAME OF THE PEOPLE

DECISION

NO. (28) – 2007

OIL AND GAS LAW OF THE KURDISTAN REGION – IRAQ

Pursuant to the authorities granted to the Presidency of the Kurdistan Region in

accordance with the provisions of Article 10(1) of Law No. (1) - 2005 (amended) and

pursuant to the legislation enacted by the Kurdistan National Assembly - Iraq under its

extraordinary session

No. (8) Dated 6/8/2007 we have decided to issue:

OIL AND GAS LAW OF THE KURDISTAN REGION - IRAQ

Law No. (22) - 2007

CHAPTER ONE

DEFINITIONS

Article 1:

The following terms shall have the meanings hereunder for the purposes of this Law:

1. Federal Government: the Federal Government of the Republic of Iraq;

2. Federal Constitution: the constitution of the Federal Republic of Iraq;

3. Region: the Kurdistan Region - Iraq;

4. President of the Region: the President of the Kurdistan Region - Iraq;

5. Parliament: the Kurdistan National Assembly - Iraq;

6. Regional Government: the Government of the Kurdistan Region-Iraq;

7. Council of Ministers: the Council of Ministers of the Regional Government - Iraq;

8. Regional Council: the Regional Council for the Oil and Gas Affairs of the Kurdistan

Region - Iraq;

9. Ministry: the Ministry of Natural Resources of the Region;

10. Minister: the Minister of Natural Resources of the Region;

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last Paragraph in this Oil & Gas Law

This Law was issued to develop the petroleum wealth of the Region in a way that

achieves the highest benefit to the Kurdistan people and all Iraqi people, using the most

advanced techniques of market principles and encouraging investment, in a manner

consistent with the provisions of Articles 111, 112, and 115 of the Federal Constitution,

to promote and adhere to the highest standards of transparency, accountability, and

fairness in the petroleum sector,

to provide special petroleum revenue allocations for all citizens of the Region, for the

future generations of the Region, for those who suffered as a result of the previous regime

in Iraq for the natural environment of the Region; and to facilitate cooperation on

petroleum management with the Federal Government provided that revenue is shared

equitably, as required by the Federal Constitution.

http://www.perlemanikurdistan.com/Default.aspx?page=byyear&c=LDD-Yasa&id=2007

http://www.perlemanikurdistan.com/files/articles/070708090735.pdf

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Well, I do declare ! Things lately have become more curious & surprising by the hour !   :goodnews:

That's what this ride is all about brother, it has its ups and downs. Someone once said here "chew the meat and spit out the bones" as long as you don't get one of those bones stuck in your throat, your good. Although my respects for folks like you who have been around for a few years, you must be thinking of becoming a vegetarian  :lol:

we will see things move along nicely once Mosul is liberated :twothumbs:

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, tigergorzow said:

***KRG PASSED OIL AND GAS LAW IN 2007

now that  I am awake  and  in the coffee beans  I see the head lines !   they  need   bagdad  too get  its   parliament too pass this section of the gas and oil deal , I think the big  stick in the road was the 17 % in the budget , +  the gas and oil shares , if I am thinking right ...   wish they would get their poop in line  and out the back door so-too- speak   :o    

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, jeepguy said:

now that  I am awake  and  in the coffee beans  I see the head lines !   they  need   bagdad  too get  its   parliament too pass this section of the gas and oil deal , I think the big  stick in the road was the 17 % in the budget , +  the gas and oil shares , if I am thinking right ...   wish they would get their poop in line  and out the back door so-too- speak   :o    

***///  DITTO DAT !  :tiphat:

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Wiljor said:

That's what this ride is all about brother, it has its ups and downs. Someone once said here "chew the meat and spit out the bones" as long as you don't get one of those bones stuck in your throat, your good. Although my respects for folks like you who have been around for a few years, you must be thinking of becoming a vegetarian  :lol:

we will see things move along nicely once Mosul is liberated :twothumbs:

My 1st wife tried to get me to go Vegetarian . . . needless to say, my 2nd marriage is working out so much better. Dead animal flesh, it's whats for Dinner ! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

I've been trying for six yrs to show everyone that the HCL was passed but not implemented. And now I believe that is because like Maliki, Obama was working for Iran. And Iran does NOT want Iraq to become a superpower. Trouble is God said that they will. And now Trump is going to do what he can to make his own investment come to fruition.  

• Upvote 7

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but this law was passed for the Kurdistan Region and the last paragraph explicitly states for the "Region". The "Region" is the Kurdistan Region. The history of the HCL has at one time been approved by GOI Parliamentary Cabinet in May 2007. Maliki shelved it in December 2007. Since Parliament of the Iraqi Government has never voted on the draft legislation which is completely different than the KRG legislation, the HCL has never passed much less voted on. The Iraqi Oil and Gas Law continues to reside at the Cabinet level due to the Maliki influence but was sent back to committee in December/January the year Abadi took office. 

Iraq has several oil producing regions. Kurdistan is only one of those regions, there are 8 to 9 more that the GOI has to contend with in addition to the whole of Iraq not just one "region".

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 4

Here is one of the lastest versions of the HCL.

The Federal Oil & Gas Draft Law

The Iraqi Government Version English Translation

Compiled by the Federal Ministry of Oil Presented to the Council of Ministers on 25th August 2011

Translated by Iraq Energy Institute

NOTE: Notice the title and notice the date.

Article (2) The aims of this law shall be:

First: The ownership of Oil and Gas in Iraq is for all the people in all regions and governorates.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Here is one of the lastest versions of the HCL.

The Federal Oil & Gas Draft Law

The Iraqi Government Version English Translation

Compiled by the Federal Ministry of Oil Presented to the Council of Ministers on 25th August 2011

Translated by Iraq Energy Institute

NOTE: Notice the title and notice the date.

Article (2) The aims of this law shall be:

First: The ownership of Oil and Gas in Iraq is for all the people in all regions and governorates.

The Kurdistan oil obviously belongs to only the Kurds. In order to give in to the fact that the oil is owned by all Iraqi peoples.... first the want 17% of 550,000 barrels, 100% of anything  anything over 550,000 barrels, and for all of Iraq to pay for the Kurdistan army's salaries too!!!

Maybe if they pump all of their oil over to SOMO and Baghdad THEN  pays them 17% of all of their production, maybe then Iraq will have monies to pay Kurdistans's army salaries...  what a bunch of greedy saps.....   😡

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, jcfrag said:

The Kurdistan oil obviously belongs to only the Kurds. In order to give in to the fact that the oil is owned by all Iraqi peoples.... first the want 17% of 550,000 barrels, 100% of anything  anything over 550,000 barrels, and for all of Iraq to pay for the Kurdistan army's salaries too!!!

Maybe if they pump all of their oil over to SOMO and Baghdad THEN  pays them 17% of all of their production, maybe then Iraq will have monies to pay Kurdistans's army salaries...  what a bunch of greedy saps.....   😡

"Greed is the root to all evil"

• Upvote 3