rockfl9

Where's the money going to come from???/

267 posts in this topic

Rock, People buy things they can't afford all the time. It's all around you. You can't  do anything about it. People make their own choices and have  to live with the consequences good or bad. I'm going to make a profit, loose a small amount, or brake even on this investment. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caz, I'm new to the forum world. I was wondering how you would know if somebody had more then one profile? I have been lurking for a long time and noticed that some people have been accused of this. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Average joe40 said:

Caz, I'm new to the forum world. I was wondering how you would know if somebody had more then one profile? I have been lurking for a long time and noticed that some people have been accused of this. 

A lot of times u can tell based on writing style...other times Mods will let u know...& in the case of CaddyShack...he/she (depending on visit sequence)..spilled the beans. Funny part was he/she flat out told me the ONLY reason he/she comes here(DV) is to  argue....CRAZY

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Average joe40 said:

Rock, People buy things they can't afford all the time. It's all around you. You can't  do anything about it. People make their own choices and have  to live with the consequences good or bad. I'm going to make a profit, loose a small amount, or brake even on this investment. 

AJ40...pretending to show compassion for others (while degrading them at the same time) financial situation is straight out of the LOPster's for DUMMY's 101 handbook.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rock, I just read what Adam posted about the potential rv, rate possibilities and there affects on Iraq. Like I said in my original post, I have no knowkedge of world economics. I'm sure you also took a look at what he had to say. It seems plausible that the rv could definitely happen some time in the future and they can capitalize with a profit over time. I'm curious to hear what you and others who believe in a lop or no rv have to say after reading what his opinion is? He explained where the money will come from with a smaller increase in value or did I miss something? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe40 !  I am not allowed to see Adam's latest post on the RV "potential".. To my recollection It was assumed that after RV all banks would buy the dinar , but not explained WHAT they would do with it????   If you crack a book on how US banks handle foreign currency trades you would see that the bank will buy for a broker at the price he is willing to pay, It is an over-the-counter transaction.. The broker supplies the cash from his account at the bank... The banks funds are not involved.  There has to be some human willing to give up the dollars..  In marketing terms it is called the greater fool theory.

As for the rate estimation I really don't see how it can be predicted at all.... It is anyones guess. It is the chicken/egg thing .. If they change the rate and there are no buyers the rate change is meaningless.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rock, It wasn't necessarily a rate prediction. It was more of a prediction on how he thought it was going to go down. I didn't know that  you weren't aloud to see it. I don't really know what I'm aloud and not aloud to say so I will just leave it alone. I will say that based on the the way he explained it, it made a lot of sense. He explained how the rv over time will pay for itself and then some. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 After reading what Adam had to say that last couple of days I would say non believers would have a hard time dis agreeing with his logic. I'm sure if they wanted to they could read what he had to say. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Average joe40 said:

 After reading what Adam had to say that last couple of days I would say non believers would have a hard time dis agreeing with his logic. I'm sure if they wanted to they could read what he had to say.

Lopsters are not allowed to see everything and can only comment here. I may be the only one left as I try to avoid open conflict. Yes, I wish I could see the latest to see if it is anything new. The story line has always been NOT TO WORRY Adam has lined up "banks" to allow you to exchange when the time comes . What the banks will do with it I haven't a clue????  US banks are in the DOLLAR business.   They will buy dinar only when they can swap for dollars ASAP.  The only way I see that happening is when the CBI/GOI allows NON-Iraqi's to buy USD.  That is prohibited today.

If you haven't read it before , read it now. DO not buy more IQD than you can truly afford to loose.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm back to the same ole question!   Where will the money come from to do any RV??? The UST doesn't want it. Ditto for the UBS, WF B/A etc. The only candidate is the CBI and they aren't buying IQD except from select Iraqis.  Currency trading is an over-the-counter deal . You must have a BUYER  a BROKER (bank maybe) and a SELLER at a given price. The possibility that a bank will buy and hold dinar is a MYTH !  It doesn't happen that way. Banks don't give away money if they can help it !.

As for the CBI changing the rate , it is possible but most likely logic says they will go up .    Bad news for holders of Government notes and bonds. So assuming they will need to borrow more next year they will hold it steady till the next budget comes out.

-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am open to all options. Investors need to know. We need to find someone to buy up this stuff or it will end up in the shoebox forever.  The CBI is the likely candidate BUT the CBI is almost BROKE .. Could be completely BROKE next year. Cant believe we have so many RVers  and no one can address this problem?

-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:08 PM, rockfl9 said:

I am open to all options. Investors need to know. We need to find someone to buy up this stuff or it will end up in the shoebox forever.  The CBI is the likely candidate BUT the CBI is almost BROKE .. Could be completely BROKE next year. Cant believe we have so many RVers  and no one can address this problem?

I know most RVers  BELIEVE that IF  the dinar revalues to some higher value that there are BANKS just waiting to get in on the action!  BUT if the cbi doesn't back up the RV with a full agreement to take back the dinar at the new price what BANKS would buy dinar????   The risk would be too great...  So the CBI says that they are SELLING the dinar at $0.10 BUT not buying any from outside the country our banks take a loss.  Why would they do that.  That's not good banking...

Then again why would the CBI buy back ANY dinar from outside the country?  They can easily print new bills for 6-8 cents each .... Without the guaranteed backing of the CBI reserves that is all any IQD note is worth to them. . 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL...Rockfish like the Energizer Bunny. Does anyone at home take u seriously?...it can't just be here

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, caz1104 said:

LOL...Rockfish like the Energizer Bunny. Does anyone at home take u seriously?...it can't just be here

The Energizer Bunny and the Junk Yard Dog.  Caz, do you think there are enough crazy bankers? Oh , I forgot you don't make meaningful statements.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and u don't make redundant statements?......but to answer your question...why do you not think there are "crazy" bankers?  Just like ANY profession....crawl out from under ur ROCK....pun intended

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

and u don't make redundant statements?......but to answer your question...why do you not think there are "crazy" bankers?  Just like ANY profession....crawl out from under ur ROCK....pun intended

SO  You are expecting a bunch of crazy bankers to BUY your dinar!  That is the best answer to the question cause no SANE banker will do it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:02 PM, rockfl9 said:

SO  You are expecting a bunch of crazy bankers to BUY your dinar!  That is the best answer to the question cause no SANE banker will do it.

Never said that....you asked if there were enough crazy bankers?  I answered that I believe there are just like in any profession...ie  doctors, lawyers, car salesmen, farmers, construction workers...etc

Edited by caz1104
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.