Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq New 500-Dinar Note (B357) Confirmed !

DinarThug

DinarThug Thanks,  DV.....Why did the CBI release the new 500 note now without notice?  Hmmmm.....Let's hope the LD'S will come out in the very near term as well.  Folks,  I do believe a lot of surprises are coming our way in the weeks ahead IMHO so sit tight and enjoy this final ride to paradise.....😊😊😆😆

Keeping the faith!!

GO RV!!

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, bigwave said:

A 500 note?

Wouldn't have been nicer if they came out with a 50 dinar note???

Anyone care to comment???

bigwave, the new 500 Dinar note is part of the new currency reform. I'm thinking this is the highest denomination they will have. I will see if I can find the article that list all the new ld's.....

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Old note 2003 The only difference is signature and OO security feature

seems like they are getting the kurds in the game with the  backside  language ,  any way  ,  the double  `o`   in  corner  and the signature ,  is  good enough for me !     like   too see them out  and  walking about  now  ! 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Good question... I guess we'll see if this shows up in the news anywhere. Let's hope this time it is really happening....

Go RVvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

B/A

If i am reading the CBI page link below properly these 500's had the double O's from 2013?? Column headed up 'Obverse Modernized Notes of 2013'

http://cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Banknotes

Wanting this as bad as everybody else but am i missing something???

1 hour ago, Scott McD said:

If i am reading the CBI page link below properly these 500's had the double O's from 2013?? Column headed up 'Obverse Modernized Notes of 2013'

http://cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Banknotes

Wanting this as bad as everybody else but am i missing something???

possibly holding them for the right time to be released ? what else could they be holding for release ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chinadawg said:

possibly holding them for the right time to be released ? what else could they be holding for release ?

In the last day or so DV member DoD said he feels the 500 note may be the largest note available soon. Having thought about this I have to agree. While no one can say what the new value will be what he says makes sense. So if the 500 is out not I feel we can expect the smaller denoms and coins to follow and right quick.

pp

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, pokerplayer said:

In the last day or so DV member DoD said he feels the 500 note may be the largest note available soon. Having thought about this I have to agree. While no one can say what the new value will be what he says makes sense. So if the 500 is out not I feel we can expect the smaller denoms and coins to follow and right quick.

pp

my thinking also.

• Upvote 1

This Just In From The Guru Psychic Hotline ! :o

:D     :D     :D

11-22-2016   Newshound Guru mike  Article: "Iraq new 500-dinar note (B357) confirmed"   Good stuff, so,  from all appearance's, they not only need this note now, they're going to need it in the foreseeable future.  As the value slowly rises the note will go from a value of .50 to a buck and hopefully all the way to $500 when the value reaches 1-1.  During that time, the newer notes like the 1, 5, 10, 20 and 100 will come out.  I'm looking forward to Iraq starting the process in 2017 so that in time, they can get to the lower denominated notes.

11-22-2016   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Article:  "Iraq new 500-dinar note (B357) confirmed"  
 Not new, just updated with Kurdish language and two dots.  Btw, this to me is another good sign that the plan is what we all believe.  They are necessary now.  Their worth is .50 cents.  The fact that they spend money on upgrading them to me implies they expect them to continue to be used for a while.  Which is exactly what we want.

11-21-2016   Newshound Guru wmawhite  [Iraq new 500-dinar note (B357) confirmed...]    Hmmmm...why invest the million of $ into a new note with new security features and the inclusion of the Kurdish language when that note is currently valued at approximately $0.50. Not a lot of need for it in the current marketplace.  500 IQD (note) X $0.00086 = $0.43 (43 cents)

11-21-2016   Intel Guru Delta   "New 500-Dinar note-confirmed"   ...with Kurdish text on back.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, HowieC said:

Why would this info be coming from this "Banknote" site, and not the CBI?

HowieC, can't answer that but here is an article from July 2012 from "Banknote" showing them to be issued in July 2013. Old archive articles like these is where I'm getting my opinions from. You remember a lot folks long time ago with that corny saying about "Smoke & Mirrors" well they still haven't RV'd yet...I'm not busy today so I will keep looking for articles from the CBI because they are the ones driving this train after all...Just my opinion of course.

Iraq discloses designs for redenominated banknotes slated for July 2013

Jul 21, 2012 08:17 AM Category: Middle East
According to Iraq's semi-official Alsabaah newspaper, the finance committee received specimens of the new Iraq banknotes from the Central Bank of Iraq. The specimens were of the 25, 50, 100, and 200 dinars. The committee urged the central bank to delay the introduction of the new currency from January 2013 to July 2013 to study all the aspects of the process.

Other Iraqi media reports state that the new currency will be issued in denominations of 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, and 200 dinars for banknotes and 25, 50, 100, 250, and 500 fils, plus 1 and 2 dinars for coins. The designs have been already chosen for banknotes and coins:

5 dinars: Beck waterfall and palm tree
10 dinars: dinar coin minted in the reign of the Umayyad dynasty and lighthouse Hadba in Mosul
25 dinars: King Hammurabi receiving the law and farming of Iraqi Kurdistan
50 dinars: King Codaa and Fort Ukhaydir
100 dinars: Central Bank building in Azwaip area in Baghdad and ziggurat
200 dinars: bridge and school
  • Upvote 5