Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Something Fun to do with your kids this winter

Bumper64

Lots of people will be looking for something to do with their kids this winter and may I suggest 1:24 scale Slot Car Drag Racing :)  I have been racing with my grandson for the past few months and we have a GREAT time.  It can be a pretty cheap hobby as long as you don't go crazy buying a bunch of super fast cars to race.  If you find a local track around your area most racers will be willing to sell you a car or two on the cheap to help you get started.  These cars can go anywhere from 20 MPH to 100+ MPH on a 1/24 scale equivalent 1/4 mile track (55 feet long).  Most Race Tracks Shops have cars and controllers to rent (like $5 for a couple hours) that way you can see if you are going to like the racing before you purchase cars of your own.  

Anyway, this is just for ideals as winter is approaching quickly!!  

Have fun and race hard!  

BTW:  It's a lot of fun for adults also!!! :):) 

Here are a few pictures of some really cool cars!!!  You can also find really good YouTube video's showing some races!!  

camaro.jpg

13645312_10208341363506569_8348928764238933973_n.jpg

vette.jpg

semi.jpg

rail.jpg

chevy.jpg

• Upvote 5

My father was starting as an insurance agent back in 64. A 1/32 track was next door to his office.

every Saturday morning the track was my baby sitter. Hours and hours of first learning to keep the car on the track.

then as time went on really competing with other racers. Got to be a fair hand with the controller.

unfortunately I went on to be a street racer. Had a lot of trouble learning to control my right foot.

42 tickets & one suspended license later I got to be a fair hand at racing.

i should have stuck with slot racing!

one heck of a lot of fun!

Edited by Muleslayer
Spelling
  • Upvote 3