Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Stability of the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar and some currencies at closing

yota691

17 minutes ago, FL-LAT said:

Does anyone know how many consecutive days the range has maintained this 1188 to 1192 amount?  Or how close we are to the 90 day target?  I am so ready to put on my red, sparkly shoes and 💃💃💃!

Only a couple to a few more days.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FL-LAT said:

Does anyone know how many consecutive days the range has maintained this 1188 to 1192 amount?  Or how close we are to the 90 day target?  I am so ready to put on my red, sparkly shoes and 💃💃💃!

I believe Kaperoni  has maintained since March, that Thursday the 14th is the 90th day in this IMF required cycle.  I assume that would mean Iraq is untethered  as of Friday the 15th.  Now the question is Will they and When will they, take action on the peg? 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, pokebu said:

I believe Kaperoni  has maintained since March, that Thursday the 14th is the 90th day in this IMF required cycle.  I assume that would mean Iraq is untethered  as of Friday the 15th.  Now the question is Will they and When will they, take action on the peg? 

We have watched the market rate very closely over there for a very long time, and feel confident that, at midnight, Friday, June 15, the IMF's 90-day compliance requirement  will have been met. 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, pokebu said:

correct pokebu when the cbi does meet the imf requirement its up to them to avail themselves to abide by imf article 8 requirements there is no guarantee imo of the day of ascension as usual we simply watch and wait .... thanks revbo    

• Upvote 3

That would be very awesome if they did push the button this weekend but I just don't see it happening with all the election turmoil.  They need to form a government as well.  Hoping for July-Aug. but it will happen when it happens.  

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

That would be very awesome if they did push the button this weekend but I just don't see it happening with all the election turmoil.  They need to form a government as well.  Hoping for July-Aug. but it will happen when it happens.  

Would have to agree. It may a bit to early and we do not know what else has to be accomplished.  

• Upvote 4

• yota691 changed the title to For the second day ... The dollar stabilizes at 120 thousand dinars in local markets

fit

BAGHDAD / BAGHDADIYA - The US dollar exchange rate on Wednesday stabilized on Iraqi stock exchanges.
The price of selling the dollar in the Kifah Exchange in Baghdad today was 120 thousand and 50 dinars and the purchase price 120 thousand dinars compared to 100 dollars, while yesterday recorded the same price.
The sale price of the dollar on the Arbil Stock Exchange today 120 thousand and 500 dinars and the purchase price 120 thousand and 450 dinars to 100 dollars, while yesterday recorded the same price.
On the Basra Stock Exchange, the sale price today was 120 thousand and 100 dinars, and the purchase price 120 thousand dinars compared to 100 dollars, while yesterday recorded the same price.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

On June 12, 2018 at 12:46 PM, ChuckFinley said:

Would have to agree. It may a bit to early and we do not know what else has to be accomplished.  

Afternoon CF . . . I tend to agree that there may be some things undone we're not aware off. However, " It may a bit to early " . . . as you suggest. Right again on one level; but DAMN after 15 years in this Rodeo, would you agree . . . They're just FREAKIN' LATE TO THE PARTY !  :lol:

HAVE A GREAT EVENING and C'MON CBI ! 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

So, after 90 days, it's going to take them another 30 days to decide that they need to appoint a committee to research the possibility of adjusting the exchange rate. Then, another 30-40 days to actually pick the committee members. That doesn't count weekends or self imposed holidays either so tack on a couple more weeks. Once the committee agrees on a course of action they will take a recess for 7 days because, let's face it, they will be tired. When they come back from recess, they will meet long enough to postpone the meeting until after the next holiday. After that the opposition will file a lawsuit which will push it off for another two to three months. At some point the lawsuit will disappear into the quagmire of parliament. That puts it around the end of the year, which means that they will be taking a recess until after the new year. After that... who friggen knows. But hey, it's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Ten YL please correct me if I'm wrong or have missed any off days Lol.

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

Guys we are getting hung up on 90 days exactly, 30 days exactly, etc... keep in mind the Iraqi mindset.. when you open a coke and it is warm and you tell an Iraqi, “ hey, i would like my coke cold”.. he will say “put it in the fridge for 5 minutes..” Us, taking the words literally return to the fridge in 5 minutes only to ask “why is it still warm?” His reply is,  “put it in the fridge for 5 minutes..” 

In other words, they have no concept of time.. Those expecting an RV on the 90th day at 12:01, or even this month for example are probably going to be disappointed.. 

coming from an old man who has watched this for 14 years now.. ;)

• Upvote 8

53 minutes ago, mr.unlikely said:

So, after 90 days, it's going to take them another 30 days to decide that they need to appoint a committee to research the possibility of adjusting the exchange rate. Then, another 30-40 days to actually pick the committee members. That doesn't count weekends or self imposed holidays either so tack on a couple more weeks. Once the committee agrees on a course of action they will take a recess for 7 days because, let's face it, they will be tired. When they come back from recess, they will meet long enough to postpone the meeting until after the next holiday. After that the opposition will file a lawsuit which will push it off for another two to three months. At some point the lawsuit will disappear into the quagmire of parliament. That puts it around the end of the year, which means that they will be taking a recess until after the new year. After that... who friggen knows. But hey, it's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Ten YL please correct me if I'm wrong or have missed any off days Lol.

mr.unlikely, YOU NAILED IT, Brother ! It's what they DOES ! :twothumbs:

You've been at this game long enough to have their every " Gubermint " move well in advance of those Pin Heads. :tiphat:Pretty damn sad where we've been at this for so long, we know what they're gonna do before they do it.

Oh Lord, inspire these fools to flip the switch for Mega Bucks. More & More of US are slipping into the Surreal. :praying:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GregHi said:

Those expecting an RV on the 90th day at 12:01, or even this month for example are probably going to be disappointed.. 

exactly greg, that's what i was trying to get across in my post a few up from this one just because the cbi has meet the requirement doesn't mean that they will accept the terms yet , in fact in reality the speculators know very little of what is taking place , yup we read / learn from articles and make assumptions but no one knows with any real certainty .... cheers

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, GregHi said:

Guys we are getting hung up on 90 days exactly, 30 days exactly, etc... keep in mind the Iraqi mindset.. when you open a coke and it is warm and you tell an Iraqi, “ hey, i would like my coke cold”.. he will say “put it in the fridge for 5 minutes..” Us, taking the words literally return to the fridge in 5 minutes only to ask “why is it still warm?” His reply is,  “put it in the fridge for 5 minutes..” 

In other words, they have no concept of time.. Those expecting an RV on the 90th day at 12:01, or even this month for example are probably going to be disappointed.. 

coming from an old man who has watched this for 14 years now.. ;)

Evening GregHi - another " ole timer " - 15 years for me . . . didn't realize so many moons ago it would be a career move (lol). Agreed, the concept of time escapes them ( as so many things appear to ). Also learned to keep my expectations very low so as to not be disappointed. 

Here's to ( not "soon" or "in the near future" )  "Someday"  :cheesehead:

• Upvote 1

Just now, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Evening GregHi - another " ole timer " - 15 years for me . . . didn't realize so many moons ago it would be a career move (lol). Agreed, the concept of time escapes them ( as so many things appear to ). Also learned to keep my expectations very low so as to not be disappointed. 

Here's to ( not "soon" or "in the near future" )  "Someday"  :cheesehead:

Amen buddy! The sooner the better.. as an old friend in this investment, on another site used to say, “We shall sea”!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Exchange rates of the dollar and other currencies

Exchange rates of the dollar and other currencies

6/14/2018 AM . 11:04:00 a.m.238 Number of readings

81462018_71262018_dolarnwe78.jpg

Khandan - 

The exchange rate of the US dollar and other foreign currencies on Thursday (14 June 2018) in the markets of the Kurdistan region, the prices listed below: - 

The exchange rate of 100 US dollars reached 121 thousand Iraqi dinars 

exchange rate 100 euros amounted to 141.500 dinars 

exchange rate 100 pounds amounted to 161 thousand dinars 

exchange rate 100 Turkish liras 26 thousand dinars 

exchange rate 100 thousand Tmt 18 thousand dinars 

while the dollar exchange rate in other foreign currencies as follows: 

100 euros for 118 dollars    

100 pounds for 134 dollars

• Upvote 2

Historical US dollar / Iraqi dinar

History of daily rates USD /IQD since Wednesday, 31 May 2000.

The maximum was reached on Saturday, 22 September 2001

• 1 US dollar = 3300.5589345032 Iraqi dinar

the minimum on Saturday, 14 November 2015

• 1 US dollar = 1093.007278669 Iraqi dinar
Date USD/IQD
Thursday, 14 June 2018 1 190.0968
Wednesday, 13 June 2018 1 190.5452
Tuesday, 12 June 2018 1 190.4669
Monday, 11 June 2018 1 191.8506
Sunday, 10 June 2018 1 188.6525
Saturday, 9 June 2018 1 188.6459
Friday, 8 June 2018 1 188.4979
Thursday, 7 June 2018

1 190.4403

https://www.mataf.net/en/currency/converter-USD-IQD

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, King Bean said:

So different. In my 'military' family my dad would 'suggest' the lawn get mowed 'today'. 5 minutes later......'I don't hear that mower yet !!'  :lol:

KB, I wasn't raised in a military family but my dad was the same...WOW, 5 minutes, must have been nice having all that extra time....lol

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, King Bean said:

So different. In my 'military' family my dad would 'suggest' the lawn get mowed 'today'. 5 minutes later......'I don't hear that mower yet !!'  :lol:

😄. My dad wasn’t military but he had the exact mindset. He saw no good reason to have to repeat himself and we children saw no good reason not to obey him the first time due to known consequences. 😄😄

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

Afternoon CF . . . I tend to agree that there may be some things undone we're not aware off. However, " It may a bit to early " . . . as you suggest. Right again on one level; but DAMN after 15 years in this Rodeo, would you agree . . . They're just FREAKIN' LATE TO THE PARTY !  :lol:

HAVE A GREAT EVENING and C'MON CBI ! 

I was so early to the party that I feel I was not even born yet. Now I am can collect Social Security. 

• Haha 1

• yota691 changed the title to Stability of the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar and some currencies at closing
  • Adam Montana locked this topic