Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rate Change in Spring 2017...

2fast4u2c

Newshound Guru Islandg1211   I've always been of the opinion that the IMF prefers to RV on a Thursday in the Spring, so I'm again looking at the last Thursday in March, March 30 - April 27, 2017, which is after Mosul would be liberated.  THE IMF HISTORICALLY HAS RV'd IN APRIL.  There's still a lot to get done politically. Abadi has to get his technocrat Ministers appointed. This was scheduled to be done last Spring. The GOI still hasn't passed important laws. The LOI also states that CBI needs to cut out the use of multiple currencies (USD) by "the end of the year." The Kurds have to actually vote in the HCL.  Looking at what still needs to get done, Spring 2017 seems realistic, and between now and the RV, we should expect more RV articles appearing.  IMO, the CBI can RV with the BIS and IMF's approval at any date and rate. 

IMO there's a lot of things in play by the end of the year. If the IMF holds Iraq CBI feet to the fire of no multi currency practice (ie. making the Dinar the only official currency of the country) then Dinar better have some realistic value. Street rate of IQD today is 1310 to 1 USD. Who's gonna carry 5k IQD around for a cup of tea and cigarette unless they give it some purchase power and release the lower denominations? News articles have been regular since summer about shortage of Dinar on the streets, too. Again, I'm no financial genius. But I can add 1+1 and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express this weekend. :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 2

Good one Old Bean...I mean King Bean:

IMO there's a lot of things in play by the end of the year. If the IMF holds Iraq CBI feet to the fire of no multi currency practice (ie. making the Dinar the only official currency of the country) then Dinar better have some realistic value. Street rate of IQD today is 1310 to 1 USD. Who's gonna carry 5k IQD around for a cup of tea and cigarette unless they give it some purchase power and release the lower denominations? News articles have been regular since summer about shortage of Dinar on the streets, too. Again, I'm no financial genius. But I can add 1+1 and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express this weekend. :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

There are some very mentally deranged (sick) dudes on this site and damn, is it entertaining and funny. Great start to the day with a laugh!

In the words of (soon to be Iraq VP) Sandfly..........."thanks!"

Edited by King Bean
  • Upvote 2