Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content
millionaire in training

Question about the VND

Recommended Posts

I think I have mentioned this before, but when I was stationed at "Kunsan by the Sea" in 1976-1977, the South Korean Won was about 500 to the USD. I believe today it is about 1200 to the USD. So what happened. I do not know, I am not an expert on these things. S. Korea has had this exchange rate for many years and they have been conducting business worldwide at this rate with no RV. So why should any other country need to RV to conduct International business? Not trying to be a downer, just asking.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, md11fr8dawg said:

I think I have mentioned this before, but when I was stationed at "Kunsan by the Sea" in 1976-1977, the South Korean Won was about 500 to the USD. I believe today it is about 1200 to the USD. So what happened. I do not know, I am not an expert on these things. S. Korea has had this exchange rate for many years and they have been conducting business worldwide at this rate with no RV. So why should any other country need to RV to conduct International business? Not trying to be a downer, just asking.

 

Good question.  Anyone have an answer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would seem that they don't need to RV. But one thing I do find interesting. In the past 2 years when China Yuan went down on several occasions so did the Dong . Recently the Yuan has strengthened and China has just announced to sell Oil Futures in Yuan, Backed and Convertible in Gold. The ride is getting more interesting. Hang on and let's see how Vietnam reacts and what the Dong does next .........:pirateship:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was 10,000 their smallest bill before seeing this 1,000 bill?

Is this an old note Blueskyline?

Edited by Gypsygirl11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blueskyline said:

Image result for vietnam 1000 dong valuethis seems to be the old note . Gypsygirl . I found the note above posted on another site . I guess we will see what the near future brings ???

TY, interesting!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just attempting to keep this alive and garner some interest......

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We also have screen rates being reported to us from various sources:  dinar @ $3.71, and dong @ 47 cents. That’s nothing new, but it is coming from more sources, and that says something.  We are expecting a lot in the next few days.  I think it is time for the chips to start falling. 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

 

All I have ever heard about the VND have been ,47 cents.

 

Karsten

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karsten said:

Just attempting to keep this alive and garner some interest......

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We also have screen rates being reported to us from various sources:  dinar @ $3.71, and dong @ 47 cents. That’s nothing new, but it is coming from more sources, and that says something.  We are expecting a lot in the next few days.  I think it is time for the chips to start falling. 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

 

All I have ever heard about the VND have been ,47 cents.

 

Karsten

 

 

Hey Karsten,

 

Just wondering who it was that said they were hearing these rates? A guru?  If those rates are facts then we should be cashing in, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, climber7 said:

 

 

Hey Karsten,

 

Just wondering who it was that said they were hearing these rates? A guru?  If those rates are facts then we should be cashing in, right? 

 

Climber....Ya, Guru stuff but that is all I can find about the VND so I bring it here to keep a little interest in this thread. Years ago the people that got me into the Dinar would touch briefly on the VND and always made the comment about the .47 Cents....he was more heavily invested in the VND than the Dinar. 

 

These days I have about 6 times the VND as I do Dinar....At any rate I would be exchanging a portion of either the Dinar or VND and wait on the rest.

 

Today I also read where the same guru with the above rates now make the statement these are Sell Rates or what the Banks will Sale you  currency for....The Exchange Rates he says will be lower and negotiable.

 

Karsten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much to be found about the VND lately other than this.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The wonderfully quiet dong is being reported at 47 cents, or $0.47.  That’s the most consistent rate we’ve seen, but if it went as high as two dollars, I would not be surprised.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

 

Karsten
<

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karsten said:

Not much to be found about the VND lately other than this.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The wonderfully quiet dong is being reported at 47 cents, or $0.47.  That’s the most consistent rate we’ve seen, but if it went as high as two dollars, I would not be surprised.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

 

Karsten
<

 

 

 

 

Is this a higher rate than before?  Can we exchange our dong for .47 at this time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, climber7 said:

 

 

Is this a higher rate than before?  Can we exchange our dong for .47 at this time? 

 

Wishful thinking C7. That is a Guru statement with nothing backing it up, sorry to say.

 

  pp

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breitling said he did empirical studies of countries for the US Government . The studies he did on Vietnam was .03 to .04 cents . I have seen some gurus post .47  to over $1.00 with no articles to back it up like P.P. says . Some people believe in a Global Currency Reset. Some currencies going up . Some currencies going down  . Other believe its just a few countries having a revalue . We see country after country doing contracts in their own local currencies and not in the dollar . We see China producing Oil Futures sold in Yuan , backed by gold and challenging the US Dollar in oil sales .We see countries like Iran and Venezuela selling oil outside of the dollar . Even Russia .We see talk of the IMF's SDR as a possible world currency . Cryptocurrency .One thing is for sure . There is a Monumental Monetary Shift taking place .We are ALL in the center of it. Even the Gurus . It will be difficult to know what is worth how much until it is over. Country after country are announcing monetary reforms  . Even North Korea . Country after country announcing new currencies . Country after country buying gold like craz.................................

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.