Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Exchange rate and disinformation

7/20/2016 0:00 

Mohammed Sharif Abu Mayssam 
repeated calls by some observers to call for the lifting of the dinar exchange rate against foreign currencies, to the extent that some of those claims up by making the value of the  dinar equivalent to one dollar on the grounds that the caloric value of the current criticism is not consistent with the cash reserve ratios, and that the reserves which currently stands at rates around $ 54 billion with nearly 80 tons of gold should be reflected in the local currency value against foreign currencies, which in turn will contribute to the national currency trading in foreign markets !!, with cut and the relevant authorities to silence does not comment on those claims whenever repeated, as if rise above squabbles with such rumors and allegations, leaving the arena media for such and media , known by raising the fallacies over the years after the change, to promote such claims which are usually drowned out by the general public, as easy exits for the crisis the country 's economic, as soon It has been circulating on social networking sites on the grounds that the central bank had announced since years for the project to delete the zeros !! Ignoring the main objective of the project to delete the zeros and which aims to restore the money supply structure in line with the market data movement and the country 's need to invest in an unstable security conditions reflect negatively on the cash handling operations during transactions especially with regard to large sums in buying and selling and trading currency between banks and other institutions operations , so that some social networking pages that calls itself the economic nomenclature, allowed itself to frequently publish such narratives , intentionally or unintentionally, the same that were promoted to project «dollarization» wages more heavily exposed exchange rate fluctuations in price due to the political and economic variables local and international levels. 
the silence on what is called the propaganda bubbles may be feasible in some cases, as it was soon collide with reality and disappear, but it may be impossible to double the media point if shred Almdillon hiring vanities and intentionality and marketing body subject touches the interests of the people, as soon it takes promotional space on social networking, which requires a serious follow - up media from the relevant authorities to what is said and published, and addressing the media , especially since the surge in these days takes Mdyate rising to undermine all that is beneficial to the country and the people. In addition to talking about the subject , such as the position of the cash reserve is in fact a modern potentially more fallacies by what surrounds him from a misunderstanding of monetary policy, To say that the cash reserve ratio should be reflected on the local currency 's value against foreign currencies seems to be true at first glance with it is a modern late frequently for damage to this reserve on the impact of the continuing work of the Central auction day to finance foreign trade in conjunction with the decline in the proportion of foreign currency revenues due to lower oil prices, since this reserve juxt a position of about $ 80 billion before the oil collapse was not in the day the central database that will the lifting of the dinar exchange rate against the dollar to considerations relating to the price values of criticism about the economic reality Rei ,where the real sectors suffer from almost complete paralysis and Taatekz market movement on the outer import and activates the parallel market as a result of lack of legal and procedural system to the economy of a real market is complete, how can central to submit the amendment to the value of the dinar equivalent to one dollar in these days? Are there there is no doubt Baksidih this invitation?   On 
the other hand, the national currency trading outside the country would have a positive impact to buy more goods and services for the benefit of the country, but this will reflect negatively on the national economy unless Tekken there have the largest share in the gross domestic product , real sectors, as well as to raise the exchange rate would have a serious impact on both the consumer and the wages of labor and raw materials in the local market prices,
which means the high cost of generating unit over imported counterparts, and therefore damage the local product and disable it at a time when the government is seeking to activate all sectors in order to diversify revenue, and therefore, our national currency will be a commodity in the speculative financial market as a haven winner no more at this stage or that, and this would damage the monetary bloc putt able, amounting to 40 trillion dinars only .. the national currency trading rates outside the country regarding the class basis in and a solid economy (diversified economy revenue of rising contribution of all sectors, particularly the real sector in the gross domestic product, along with the importance of higher cash income rates in the external balance and stability of payments in the monetary system as well as financial openness , which contribute significantly to the circulation rates, which requires the presence of a system banker healthy simulates the existing developments in the global banking industry, not necessarily the value of the currency is high, and our guide the Japanese yen, because of Japan 's cash reserve 1.265 trillion as of the yen around 94 yen to the dollar as the Japanese government is trying with all its capabilities should not make yen rises against the dollar because every cent rise in which the yen is causing big losses for the Japanese economy, meaning that the reserve does not necessarily mean that is reflected in the rise in the exchange rate of the local currency, as this would be determined by economic data.
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, yota691 said:

the value of the currency is high, and our guide the Japanese yen, because of Japan 's cash reserve 1.265 trillion as of the yen around 94 yen to the dollar as the Japanese government is trying with all its capabilities should not make yen rises against the dollar because every cent rise in which the yen is causing big losses for the Japanese economy, meaning that the reserve does not necessarily mean that is reflected in the rise in the exchange rate of the local currency, as this would be determined by economic data.

this kind of  economics  speak ,  makes my head  hurt sometimes ,  { like  now  :wacko: }  I listen  too market talk  Fridays ,  { when I would like  a headache <_< }  and the  talk of the  u.s. dollar  rise against  world markets  , would cause a big big loss  in industry ,  I never  understand  this , if  a few pennies  kills  , then  all markets should have collapse long ago !  and  the dollar is strong now ,  so  the  yen gaining strength   { might push away  buyers of their products ,  and those buyers  would go too  ?  Vietnam ? }  I think the economist  put  a fear in the norm people  who  ask for  ideas  in economics , and  value of their  products ,  and get terrified when these guys  speak  like  this !  right now  the yen is 94 cents ,  so if it were to gain near the dollar ,  would it devastate  the  central bank too cover  2 cents   higher ?      is  this  what  Iraq fears ?  the unknown ,  ?        

5 hours ago, yota691 said:

the cash handling operations during transactions especially with regard to large sums in buying and selling and trading currency between banks and other institutions operations , so that some social networking pages that calls itself the economic nomenclature, allowed itself to frequently publish such narratives , intentionally or unintentionally, the same that were promoted to project «dollarization» wages more heavily exposed exchange rate fluctuations in price due to the political and economic variables local and international levels. 

here is another  idea  that  I can`t  get hold of ...  the  "  heavily exposed exchange  rate fluctuations  in price "  hell  they are  or were  seeing  1200 ,  too  2100  fluctuations  and  they didn`t seem too fall apart  to non existence  ....  so what kind of  double speak would they be claiming ,  can`t be  the  yen talk  from first paragraph ,  unless  they were just setting up the  ,  scenario   for the big  "  we can`t  move the value  because of the yen  idea "    { see  how a headache  can  work its way in  ?  }            if these knuckle heads  are worried about  sinking the ship at 1  too 1   , the only way  I see them  working out this idea  would be  --- start the value    around .25 cents  and float it up  ....      they have to put  an end too  the poor shape of dinar   very very soon ,  now that the  security  of  Iraq is  getting   control ,   only guy now  that is stirring up   is sadar     whats  his  face  cleric  ,   { just my opinion  here }

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckFinley said:

Now they are coming around to my way of thinking, as well as others. I have said all along 1 to 1 and everyone will be happy. 

...or slightly higher for the dinar, Chuck. Then the locals will abandon the USD for the better valued dinar and things will start to take off from there. It can only gain value. But not while these guys just talk about it and do nothing else.

• Upvote 3

While I respect everybody's opinion, i have never believed in the idea that, 'the dinar has to be higher in value than the USD, otherwise the Iraqis will continue with the stronger currency', & here is why.....as soon as Iraq puts the corrected value on their currency, that is agreed to by all international agencies, they have to drop the multiple currency practice that they have been allowed to use since 2003. They will be mandated to exist on their own currency, so it does not matter what value the USD holds in relation to the IQD, the Iraqi citizens will have no say in what their currency preference will be....all USD will be siphoned up and only used as a reserve currency.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Tennessee Cherokee.  I never knew that or thought that way so I'm grateful for being enlightened but bummed that my 1 to 1 thinking could have been a pipe dream.  Honestly at this point tho, I would be grateful just to end this ride....no matter the outcome.

• Upvote 2

I too would like to see some type of movement , Been long enough, But Maliki did make a mess of Iraq, and now someone has to clean it up.  it will take a little more time.. But I hope we can all get off this ride in the next 6 months.

• Upvote 2

OK...Heres the thing guy's...Although  Tennessee Cherokee just gave us information that we didn't know about. Cause I too didn't know that.  

I feel that they will come out higher for the sake of all of their investors through out the world (other countries) .  We are small potatoes compared to the contracts and commitments Iraq has made with big investors. Plus remember that this a very "PROUD" culture, they are not going to be left behind or stay small in any way. 

With as many resources that they have and everything that they've been through to get to where they are today. They are gonna want to come out with a BOOM and show the world "WHAT IRAQ IS REALLY MADE OF". They want to SHINE.   My :twocents:  and I hope Im right......;)  :soon:

• Upvote 3

Ask yourself this. If i was a ship captain with a load of cargo that i want to sell to either kuwait or Iraq. Which port in the port of fao, that Iraq and Kuwait share, would i like to dock at. The one where i would be paid more usd in the exchange rate like kuwait at 3.80ish to the dollar, or Iraq at 1166 to the dollar or even a buck?

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, mylilpony said:

Ask yourself this. If i was a ship captain with a load of cargo that i want to sell to either kuwait or Iraq. Which port in the port of fao, that Iraq and Kuwait share, would i like to dock at. The one where i would be paid more usd in the exchange rate like kuwait at 3.80ish to the dollar, or Iraq at 1166 to the dollar or even a buck?

I wanted to add the rest of this but ran out of time. lol

Its called purchase price parity. Kuwait would have to pay 3.80 ish kuwaiti dinars to 1 dollar and Iraq would have to pay 1166 dinars to that one dollar that the ship captain is asking for, so to stay on par with the markets of your neighbors and to compete you need to show you are willing to pay the same or close to what your neighbor would pay. If Iraq were to go to strictly the dinar at 1166 , let me tell you they couldnt print enough dinar to ship anything in. The imf is requiring them to get off the dollar, so that means they have to change the rate to something and strictly use their own currency. You cannot compare Iraq to any other emerging market because they have untold wealth in more than one sector and they will be having a major reconstruction boost. Many emerging markets right now like vietnam, etc. will not be. It doesnt mean that their economy isnt growing , but it will not grow at the speed to which Iraq will. Lets all remember that Iraq was once known as the silk road, through which all middle east trading went through and in the rise of babylon again they will regain this status. Many countries for many years have paid a big price in moving their cargo all the way around Iraq because those silk roads were gone. Now being on the cusp of a true rise of the dinar, they will once again take the title of the silk road nation where all trade will go through. I hope i explained it okay. If anyone else can better explain it i surely welcome the help . ;)

• Upvote 8

In regards to post above...I hope Iraq gets to that silk road nation quickly....Im not getting any younger! I like your thinking though, TY

It is nice to see this article even though they are saying raising the value of the Dinar would hurt (inside Iraq) economy. Time will tell I guess (sigh).  :confused2:

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Now they are coming around to my way of thinking, as well as others. I have said all along 1 to 1 and everyone will be happy. 

I am going to be quite honest here Chuck. As long as I'm happy to be honest, nothing else matters.

pp

• Upvote 1

Mylilpony, you are right on track.  1 of the 6 economic corridors goes directly through Iraq as shown in the map below. 

This trade route will be the most important change the world has seen in the last hundred years. It will jump start the stalled world economy and will provide tremendous growth over the next few years. The construction has already began and will be completed before 2020.  Trillions of dollars will be spent on infrastructure which will spark the next commodity boom.  Expect the Silk Road to be brought up more in the media in October when the Yuan officially joins the SDR basket. With a timeline of only 4 years to complete an enormous project that flows through a warzone in the middle east what would be a great way to bring peace to that area almost overnight???  RV. 

1-wM2pyOJ10k4bVtqsJFLZpg.jpeg

• Upvote 6