Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

PSP progressive supra nuclear palsy

Hey Doc I have just met with a close friend who has PSP . He has given up hope of arresting the symptoms but I am confident there must be a combination of methods and natural compounds and protocols that would assist his condition. 

I was thinking along the lines of GcMAF, some coconut oil and something to stimulate his mitochondria and nerve brain function.

Any ideas and thoughts welcome

Hey FlyHi -

Just some thoughts - maybe Doc can tell me if I'm on the right track.

I think you might be onto something. Upping healthy fats would be a good start - like the coconut oil.  Probably look at a ketogenic type diet. It has shown benefits for Alzheimer patients and PSP appears to have much the same roots. Deals with the build up of tau in the brain cells. We know that it helps with mitochodrial genesis;.

Of course, I'd recommend dealing with the oxidative stress also.  Couple of articles I found that tie those 2 together.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7352979_Aging_and_oxidative_stress_in_progressive_supranuclear_palsy

Bottom line on this one is that HNE (4-hydorxnonenal - which is produced by lipid peroxidation from oxidative stress) appears to be stopping the SOD and Glutathione from functioning properly and accelerating cell death by both apoptosis and necrosis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12231453

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10428088

These results indicate that lipid peroxidation may play a role in the pathogenesis of PSP.

You know my personal "go to" tool for that is the Redox supplement. I would also look at CoQ10 and PQQ for mitochondrial support

I would also look at Magnesium/Calcium/Vitamin D levels. This triad can be a real issue with anything involving the muscles. If anything, I would suspect upping the magnesium might help some. It helps with mitochondrial support and muscle control. Of course, magnesium and Vitamin d usually go hand in hand since magnesium is used to convert Vit. D to its active form and is used up doing that - and of course both of those control calcium absorption - so...thus that triad thing.

The GCMAF - especially in yogurt - would also be a great supportive system.  The whole "gut-Brain" connection is just beginning to be understood.  A good probiotic might also be good.

Just some thoughts.

• Upvote 2

Hey kids

Sorry for the late reply. I have practically no net here which works consistently. If you are going with Gc-MAF get the B.I.G version (4th generation). It is nano which means it will cross the blood-brain barrier. That is one of its hallmarks. Should be commercially available now. 1 cap per day. I bottle per month. Costs me about 500-600 USD to get.

hyperbaric oxygen, 3 per week, 2.0 to 2.2 ATA. That's 2 hours in the tank. Add the Gc-MAF yogurt while in the chamber, hold in the mouth for a few mins (not like your friend is going anywhere!) and repeat till all done. There is no flash hazard (use a plastic spoon, plastic container, etc), so the clinic should have NO problem with your friend using it inside. I certainly wouldn't and I used to be charge of the hyperbaric chamber here.

KETO all the way. Get those ketones making energy in the brain-inflammation will be greatly reduced, but this is a long, progressive disease. Not really sure if chelation will get into this region at all, but overall metal detox will help. The body, if given a pathway, usually can figure it out.

LDN might be useful in symptom reduction. No experience with PSP however. Parkinson it can help often and the symptoms are somewhat the same. (well, a little)

Please remind your friend there are NO viable treatment options in western medicine. So, there really is nothing to lose, but only gain.

Cheers. Probably back to suck-a$$ net tomorrow!!!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Doc, I can't seem to locate 4th generation GcMAF. Can you point me in the right direction please.

Ok I forgot about low dose Naltrexone for immune system dysfunction rectification. I'm thinking over the counter it is in the 50mg form ...too big a dose. I believe it needs to be in the  3-4.5mg range. 

Cheers 

• 6 months later...

I just caught this article - I did a double-take when I saw PSP- something I rarely see in text. Of all things my father was diagnosed with it 4 years before he passed in December 2007. I would summarize his body as getting tighter and tighter in stages which were all unilateral.

I found that he responded well to a form of biofeedback called neurofeedback, as well as a form of energy medicine. I personally worked on him in regards to the 2l latter therapies. He had a set back when he had a fall one night however,  which resulted in a slow-bleed and the need for emergency brain surgery.

i use some very unique energy charts based on the work of Kam Yuen. I will try to see if there's something I can add that's more specific to your friend's needs, but I wanted to at least make a brief point based on the time of night...   Peace~

• Upvote 1