Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Star US student in storm after admitting she is 'undocumented' migrant

umbertino

I don't have problem with her being Shab's buddy...diversity is what made America great among other things IMO...but why not become a citizen???  And how many "undocumented" people can we as a nation support?  When I did my stint in Nashville I had a very hard time getting work because I was always underbid by the undocumented workers in many of the areas of my remodeling expertise!   I'm not opposed to being underbid either...but when their crews were pretty much all driving nice work trucks, using fancy smart phones, etc... It does kinda make one wake up and realize someone is milking the system for all its worth!  I also have a problem when someone is on disability who could do a desk job but doesn't and also is driving nice cars, and has a big screen tv with cable in every room of the house.  Even all the grade school kids have smart phones in many of the situations I ran into.   I'm just saying I'm not opposed to helping those who really need help but that "help" should only include necessities...not luxuries IMHO! 

• Upvote 4

When an Mayte Lara, undocumented individual boast about her accomplishment and how she acquired her education, it just tells you she's not an intelligent, sharp person, it tells you that she is a thief, stole from the American taxpayers, she did it the illegal way.  I would considered her accomplishment void, she is not legally an American.  She is not a victim, the American taxpayers are the victims.  

Not even our government has taken notice of it.  How corrupt, how broken our system is, is beyond disbelief.  Our system is telling all illegal immigrants to come right over because America won't abide by their own laws.  With the undeniable action displayed by this administration, do you really think this will change for the better.    

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, pattyangel said:

When an Mayte Lara, undocumented individual boast about her accomplishment and how she acquired her education, it just tells you she's not an intelligent, sharp person, it tells you that she is a thief, stole from the American taxpayers, she did it the illegal way.  I would considered her accomplishment void, she is not legally an American.  She is not a victim, the American taxpayers are the victims.  

Not even our government has taken notice of it.  How corrupt, how broken our system is, is beyond disbelief.  Our system is telling all illegal immigrants to come right over because America won't abide by their own laws.  With the undeniable action displayed by this administration, do you really think this will change for the better.    

:bravo:

Couldn’t agree more Patty.

9 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

What's really sad is she's obviously smarter than any American kids in her graduating class.  <_<  Motivation has no borders.  

GO RV, then BV 

If motivation knows no borders why couldn’t she be motivated on her side of the border? :confused2:

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, RV ME said:

:bravo:

Couldn’t agree more Patty.

If motivation knows no borders why couldn’t she be motivated on her side of the border? :confused2:

Did you even read the story?  She was brought here when she was 2.  I doubt it was her idea....that she packed up her older brothers and sisters, mom, dad and herded them to the border.  She's 17 years old.  Any one of you people would consider a daughter of yours that's 17 years old to be a child.  Sure she should remedy her citizenship status and perhaps she will....my point was nothing more than, she's the smartest kid in her class.  If the American kids and their parents can't handle that, maybe they should crack some books.  Sheesh.  B)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, pattyangel said:

Perhaps American companies, farmers, restaurants and tax evading dead beat bottom liners should stop hiring illegals.  As long as there is a pot of gold at the end of the American rainbow....no wall will ever be high enough.  It's way past time American employers accept their part in this undocumented immigrant situation.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Did you even read the story?  She was brought here when she was 2.  I doubt it was her idea....that she packed up her older brothers and sisters, mom, dad and herded them to the border.  She's 17 years old.  Any one of you people would consider a daughter of yours that's 17 years old to be a child.  Sure she should remedy her citizenship status and perhaps she will....my point was nothing more than, she's the smartest kid in her class.  If the American kids and their parents can't handle that, maybe they should crack some books.  Sheesh.  B)

GO RV, then BV

Where in this issue is anyone complaining about how smart she is?  Why muddy the water here, Shabs?  Her intellect is not the issue... however, as Patty pointed out, perhaps her ego (typical teenage arrogance) is.  I'm sure there are thousands of  valedictorians across the country that are citizens.  Regardless, the issue is about her citizenship status... simple!

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Where in this issue is anyone complaining about how smart she is?  Why muddy the water here, Shabs?  Her intellect is not the issue... however, as Patty pointed out, perhaps her ego (typical teenage arrogance) is.  I'm sure there are thousands of  valedictorians across the country that are citizens.  Regardless, the issue is about her citizenship status... simple!

Read Patty's post again.....she questioned the girl's intelligence.  It's right there in black and white.  I simply brought it up early on, because it's amazing she managed to embrace another culture and language and ascend to the top of her class.  I think it's impressive, nothing more.  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Read Patty's post again.....she questioned the girl's intelligence.  It's right there in black and white.  I simply brought it up early on, because it's amazing she managed to embrace another culture and language and ascend to the top of her class.  I think it's impressive, nothing more.  

GO RV, then BV

I understood her intention to mean that it was not a smart thing to do... lacking in tact and wisdom.  I'll let Patty clarify that.  I use similar comparisons when I teach self-defense to my students... that criminals and "bad guys" may be very good at what they do, but really are lacking in the "brains" department!

And I think we all agree... to become a bonafide valedictorian, is very impressive.  

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Jaxinjersey said:

I understood her intention to mean that it was not a smart thing to do... lacking in tact and wisdom.  I'll let Patty clarify that.  I use similar comparisons when I teach self-defense to my students... that criminals and "bad guys" may be very good at what they do, but really are lacking in the "brains" department!

And I think we all agree... to become a bonafide valedictorian, is very impressive.  

Fair enough.  Patty's usually a very straight shooter, should be interesting.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Perhaps American companies, farmers, restaurants and tax evading dead beat bottom liners should stop hiring illegals.  As long as there is a pot of gold at the end of the American rainbow....no wall will ever be high enough.  It's way past time American employers accept their part in this undocumented immigrant situation.

GO RV, then BV

GO RV, then BV

Maybe you can start a new thread regarding American Companies, nice try Shabs, stay the course.  ;) :tiphat:

GO RV, then BV

My initial intent was to say that this individual has basically boasted about her being undocumented,  her intelligence to me was regarding her "good judgment."  Did she make a good judgement in boasting of her being undocumented.  You can be the smartest in your class, but you can also lack common sense.  She lacked the common sense, or she was paid really well to make a spectacle of herself.  As far as being 2 yrs old when she cross the border, then we need to hold her parents accountable for breaking the laws

As you mentioned above on the American kids and parents can't handle it, needing to crack down on some books, I think you really missed the point of this whole topic or once again tried to sway it in another direction. I think you actually offended some American families.  Every school has a valedictorian, not every child can earn that title, but they damn sure tried, don't you think.  In fact we may have had an American/ Hispanic, Mexican, Latino who is here legally, earned that title, but instead given to Mexican born on my tax dollar.  Now don't get bent out of shape on this individuals race, its about being illegal in the United States, and nothing else. 

I'm tired of these immigrants breaking the laws, are you Shabs?.  My hubby's hard earned sweat money is going toward the law breakers. I'm tired of our government breaking its own laws, bending the laws, making up laws and supporting those who break the laws.  Enough is enough!!!! Not saying they're not welcome, just saying, obey the laws of America!!! 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Jaxinjersey said:

;):tiphat:

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, pattyangel said:

Maybe you can start a new thread regarding American Companies, nice try Shabs, stay the course.  ;) :tiphat:

My initial intent was to say that this individual has basically boasted about her being undocumented,  her intelligence to me was regarding her "good judgment."  Did she make a good judgement in boasting of her being undocumented.  You can be the smartest in your class, but you can also lack common sense.  She lacked the common sense, or she was paid really well to make a spectacle of herself.  As far as being 2 yrs old when she cross the border, then we need to hold her parents accountable for breaking the laws

As you mentioned above on the American kids and parents can't handle it, needing to crack down on some books, I think you really missed the point of this whole topic or once again tried to sway it in another direction. I think you actually offended some American families.  Every school has a valedictorian, not every child can earn that title, but they damn sure tried, don't you think.  In fact we may have had an American/ Hispanic, Mexican, Latino who is here legally, earned that title, but instead given to Mexican born on my tax dollar.  Now don't get bent out of shape on this individuals race, its about being illegal in the United States, and nothing else. 

I'm tired of these immigrants breaking the laws, are you Shabs?.  My hubby's hard earned sweat money is going toward the law breakers. I'm tired of our government breaking its own laws, bending the laws, making up laws and supporting those who break the laws.  Enough is enough!!!! Not saying they're not welcome, just saying, obey the laws of America!!! 

I always look at all sides Patty.  You of all people should know that, for you call me on it every time.  Contrary to conservative think tanks, there's more than one talking point to every story.  That said, it's up to you, but focusing your angst at the undocumented parents would probably carry more weight than going after an adolescent living in this country by no fault of her own.   As always, just my opinion  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, pattyangel said:

Are you ignoring this fact?  Do you honestly believe American employers are not complicit in the undocumented immigrant situation?  There's probably a couple good buddies down around the border right now having a backyard BBQ with their families, drinking beer and sharing the cheer....ones a border patrolman, the other a business owner paying undocumented immigrants pennies on the dollar to do his bidding.  :facepalm:  Take away the money, and the prospective worker will seek employment elsewhere....pretty simple really.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

I always look at all sides Patty.  You of all people should know that, for you call me on it every time.  Contrary to conservative think tanks, there's more than one talking point to every story.  That said, it's up to you, but focusing your angst at the undocumented parents would probably carry more weight than going after an adolescent living in this country by no fault of her own.   As always, just my opinion  

GO RV, then BV

You're absolutely correct Shabs in saying there is "all sides", in your case I thought it would be best to present your view regarding the American companies is a different thread to get more of a response to it.  This thread was focused on one particular topic, just thought it was best to stay on the topic it was intended to be, would hate to do Umb injustice in taking away the main topic of his thread, after all he did put time and effort in searching for it. 

Adolescent!!!, are you kidding me, this individual at this age should know what's right and wrong.  Being as intelligent has you say she is, I would think she would know the laws by now and would of kept her mouth shut.  Don't give individuals credit for being stupid.   Valedictorian is just a title, (my opinion)  the individual should know and understand all aspect of life not just the basic knowledge in high school.  I'll stop there, starting to stray into another topic.  Sorry Umb.:D

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Are you ignoring this fact?  Do you honestly believe American employers are not complicit in the undocumented immigrant situation?  There's probably a couple good buddies down around the border right now having a backyard BBQ with their families, drinking beer and sharing the cheer....ones a border patrolman, the other a business owner paying undocumented immigrants pennies on the dollar to do his bidding.  :facepalm:  Take away the money, and the prospective worker will seek employment elsewhere....pretty simple really.

GO RV, then BV

Not ignoring the fact, in fact I agree to some point...this said, your concerns would be another thread on this.  JMO;)

• Upvote 3

On 6/14/2016 at 7:05 AM, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

Don’t just blame the private sector.  There are many illegals working in the all parts of government sector too.  Furthermore, illegals are attracted by more than just money, this OP being a perfect example.  “Free” education, EBT cards, and medical care are just as magnetic as jobs, and all of this is sponsored by the very government that is supposed to be serving and protecting Americans.  How much money could be reallocated to say military pay or the VA if the government was not spending that money on those that should not be here?

Instead of rewarding illegal behavior, those here illegally should be deported whenever they are discovered.  In the case of this story, deportation would not even break up the family, since the child is illegally here (regardless of her fault or not) they should all be deported. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, RV ME said:

Don’t just blame the private sector.  There are many illegals working in the all parts of government sector too.  Furthermore, illegals are attracted by more than just money, this OP being a perfect example.  “Free” education, EBT cards, and medical care are just as magnetic as jobs, and all of this is sponsored by the very government that is supposed to be serving and protecting Americans.  How much money could be reallocated to say military pay or the VA if the government was not spending that money on those that should not be here?

Instead of rewarding illegal behavior, those here illegally should be deported whenever they are discovered.  In the case of this story, deportation would not even break up the family, since the child is illegally here (regardless of her fault or not) they should all be deported. 

You should take Patty's advice and start a new thread expressing your concerns.   :D  On a quick side note:  We should blame all you suggested, including the private sector.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2