Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Current Iraq Parliament Session

As usual, as we near Ramadan, the gurus start spinning their webs of deceit and lies.

A certain self proclaimed "guru" has failed to read factual articles regarding this current parliament's extention, which was extended 30 days, until June 30th.

This "guru" is stating that the current session was supposed to have ended May 1st., & that with the extension, will now end on May 30th.

This person is trying to weave a yarn about this erroneous May 30th date and the beginning of Ramadan on June 5th. If this weren't enough, they are throwing in the angst regarding the Supreme Court's final decision regarding the law suit filed by Maliki's supporters regarding the legitimacy of the two parliamentary sessions legalities. 

Folks, most of you know I am a straight shooter and have been a member here @ DV's for many moons and I tell it like Peter wrote it on the rock.....this Ramadan bs is a hook that all these pumpers use EVERY SINGLE YEAR that rolls around.

Truth is, parliament generally continues their session during Ramadan  & no, the entire nation of Iraq does not come to a screeching halt.

Yes, Iraq is making great strides toward their goal of currency reform but the change will come, in Dr. Sinan al-Shabibi's words, " without fanfare" and he also emphatically stated that "nobody will speculate against my currency", meaning that  nobody will broadcast a heads up on when the value change will occur.

• Upvote 7

Thank You, TennesseeCherokee, for your straightforward posts.  I agree with you that a particular guru, and other gurus, spin the Ramadan issue every year.  I have worked with a life long practicing muslim that worked as usual during Ramadan.  The only difference is he did not eat lunch or drink liquids during the sunlit hours.

I am pretty sure the Iraqi Parliament will be about the regular business soon throughout most of Ramadan and we will likely see good things about progress in Iraq in the news articles.

• Upvote 4