Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Protesters Storm Parliment

yota691

H d

H d

Twilight News / saw the deputy secretary general of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan , Barham Salih, said the current in the capital Baghdad , the events "end - fulfilling stage of the political system after 2003 
and entered hundreds of protesters , followers of the Sadrist Green Zone Mahnsh, and then to the parliament hall. 
Entering the protesters came after the cleric Moqtada al - Sadr announced on Saturday its rejection of the ministerial change conducted by the parliament and the government, as announced boycott the political process in the event of the continuation of the quota system, waved to drop the current government headed by Haider al - Abadi because if corrupt remained, as he put it started. 
he said Barham Salih , a deputy former Prime Minister in Baghdad Bngradh pursued twilight News, " the chaos in Baghdad; the end of achieving the stage for the political system in 2003, no longer maturity change in government, but has become a regime change is required maturity."

• Upvote 3

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36176910

Hundreds of Shia Muslim activists have stormed Iraq's parliament in Baghdad, in protest against continuing deadlock in approving a new cabinet.

Supporters of cleric Moqtada Sadr broke through barricades of the fortified Green Zone for the first time, after MPs failed to convene for a vote.

A state of emergency was declared in the city, though not a curfew.

Security forces near the US embassy fired tear gas to stop more protesters entering the Green Zone.

Mr Sadr wants PM Haider al-Abadi to commit to a plan to replace ministers with non-partisan technocrats.

Powerful parties in parliament have refused to approve the change for several weeks.

Earlier this week, hundreds of thousands of people marched towards the Green Zone, the most secure part of Baghdad that houses embassies and government buildings, to protest against the political deadlock.

Iraqi President Fuad Masum has called on the protesters to vacate parliament and politicians to enact the cabinet reshuffle.

Escalation

A new protest outside the zone escalated after parliament again failed to reach a quorum on Saturday.

Groups marched on the district soon after the end of a televised appearance by Mr Sadr, although he did not call for the storming of parliament.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks yoda for your time on this Saturday morning in posting the articles. I reckon al-Sadr has made his point about being able to storm the Gren Zone and the Parliment building without any blood shed. I will repeat my request to Mr. Sadr that he should take a few million of his protesters to Erbil an storm that Parliment building an shut down the city as well. At some point these crooked politicians an weak leaders will get the message, givem hell al-Sadr 

• Upvote 3

ss-160430-bagdad-green-zone-mn-05_df5aaa

This photo stood out to me more than any other. These guys are absolutely fed up. Kudos to the guy with the white hat with the very very good aim. That brick is heading straight into that back window!! I would hate to be the driver in that Yukon. Looks like he will have some damage to the back of his head. I also see the guy on the side walk with a rather large object. I doubt it hit the truck but nonetheless the people are fed up!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Awesome job Yota, just sat down with a cup of coffee and enjoying your blow by blow report.  

Awesome job indeed..........:bravo:        I just sat down with a glass of wine (after working 12 hours) and also enjoying this blow by blow report.    

Things are getting crazy......:bravo:

• Upvote 3

Just now, millionaire in training said:

Awesome job indeed..........:bravo:        I just sat down with a glass of wine (after working 12 hours) and also enjoying this blow by blow report.    

Things are getting crazy......:bravo:

I need to be sitting with you. I am open to red or white. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DoD said:

I will repeat my request to Mr. Sadr that he should take a few million of his protesters to Erbil an storm that Parliment building an shut down the city as well. At some point these crooked politicians an weak leaders will get the message, givem hell al-Sadr 

I like your idea DoD.     That does sound like a possibility .  Lets hope for the best........:praying:

• Upvote 2