Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Do You Really Really Still Believe In A Huge RV at This Point Seven Years Later?

Antietam

Thanks for the optimistic view point............these are the type (eeyore) responses that majority business meetings love to hear......how something can't or won't happen - not! Talk about how something CAN happen is productive. How something CAN'T or WON'T happen is easy and takes less use of ones brain & intelligence. To each his/her own -peace

• Upvote 3

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:36 PM, Synopsis said:

Hi RockFL9,

This part of the post you quoted of mine is your addition:

"I'm glad we can simply agree to disagree.  Good reply!

I suspect very few, if any, on any part of this forum are sufficiently acquainted with the practices or decision matrix of any government or international agency (like or similar to the BIS) or collaborative interactions with other agencies.

As such, I can not answer, " What good would it do if the CBI simply DECLARED a 10 cent RV BUT was not required to pay-out!." If this were the case, I would weigh what options I believe are best for me regarding the IQD with supportable assumptions of the best time to exchange the IQD.

I have no idea what the banking options are post event. I suspect very few do despite the chatter on various other sites.

I strongly suspect the BIS cares very little (really not at all) what any populace of any country thinks about their decisions and I don't think the BIS is going to announce to the populace of any country matters the BIS plans to implement for consideration or approval. The BIS will do what the BIS unilaterally thinks it aught to do whether in conjunction with other peer entities or alone.

:twothumbs:

I thought I gave a compliment for a level-headed reply.

The BIS is the clearing house for Central bank exchanges.  Back in the days when many banks bought and sold IQD there most likely was IQD traded between central banks. What if one bank had more than it wanted and no other bank would take it. Here is where that bank would go to the CBI and ask for an exchange and the CBI refused. The bank would go to the BIS with a complaint. The BIS would call in the governor of the CBI and attempt a resolution. I recall that in 2010 Shabibi  made a visit to the BIS???? IS THAT why banks  no longer sell IQD?  I would like to prove that , but I cant .  Some actions of the BIS are kept secret.

Simply the BIS main objective is to have all central banks operating under the same rules.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rockfl9 said:

I thought I gave a compliment for a level-headed reply.

The BIS is the clearing house for Central bank exchanges.  Back in the days when many banks bought and sold IQD there most likely was IQD traded between central banks. What if one bank had more than it wanted and no other bank would take it. Here is where that bank would go to the CBI and ask for an exchange and the CBI refused. The bank would go to the BIS with a complaint. The BIS would call in the governor of the CBI and attempt a resolution. I recall that in 2010 Shabibi  made a visit to the BIS???? IS THAT why banks  no longer sell IQD?  I would like to prove that , but I cant .  Some actions of the BIS are kept secret.

Simply the BIS main objective is to have all central banks operating under the same rules.

OK. I missed your point(s). Thank You for the compliment.

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• 4 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:58 AM, caz1104 said:

Thanks for the optimistic view point............these are the type (eeyore) responses that majority business meetings love to hear......how something can't or won't happen - not! Talk about how something CAN happen is productive. How something CAN'T or WON'T happen is easy and takes less use of ones brain & intelligence. To each his/her own -peace

I agree CAZ!  But it seems I cant find one with enough BRAINS and INTELLIGENCE to come up  with the answer to "Where will the money come from???" Until that happens IT wont happen!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, caz1104 said:

Water must be awful murky here in da tank....for you guys/gals (lopsters) to re-visit months old topics.

It may be old topic but still the most important question.

Where will the money come from????  THE BANKS of course!  They will take it , charge a healthy fee AND then what, hold it? Not likely.. They are in the business to make a profit .  Their capital account is the fuel for their business, not going to tie it up in dinar. they will sell off  ASAP .  BUT what if there are NO buyers. No buyers = no business. The only legitimate buyer would be the CBI and at present they are not freely allowing dollars out of the country. Even at the current rate it would be foolish to buy dinar with dollars , it would be cheaper to just print more.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

It may be old topic but still the most important question.

Where will the money come from????  THE BANKS of course!  They will take it , charge a healthy fee AND then what, hold it? Not likely.. They are in the business to make a profit .  Their capital account is the fuel for their business, not going to tie it up in dinar. they will sell off  ASAP .  BUT what if there are NO buyers. No buyers = no business. The only legitimate buyer would be the CBI and at present they are not freely allowing dollars out of the country. Even at the current rate it would be foolish to buy dinar with dollars , it would be cheaper to just print more.

LOL....Gurus say RV will happen......LOPsters say RV won't happen.....two sets of blowhards spewin their own version of truth. I say we put both sides on American Ninja, and lets settle this!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I got in 2009 and after a few years my wife said we never live to see it.                                                                                                                   she was wright again she pass  2016 Easter Sunday. I will hang own till  the end.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, caz1104 said:

LOL....Gurus say RV will happen......LOPsters say RV won't happen.....two sets of blowhards spewin their own version of truth. I say we put both sides on American Ninja, and lets settle this!!!!!

Who's been right 100% so far??? I think the best thing to put RVers out of misery would be for the CBI to set a 10 cent rate but of course it will not let any dollars out of the country and see where the chips (dinar) falls. There will not be any buyers at that rate. The dealers will go out of business. Of course the dreamers will hang on hoping for a miracle (blessing). 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, james1024 said:

I got in 2009 and after a few years my wife said we never live to see it.                                                                                                                   she was wright again she pass  2016 Easter Sunday. I will hang own till  the end.

Sorry to hear about the wife James. I wish you the best

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, rockfl9 said:

Who's been right 100% so far??? I think the best thing to put RVers out of misery would be for the CBI to set a 10 cent rate but of course it will not let any dollars out of the country and see where the chips (dinar) falls. There will not be any buyers at that rate. The dealers will go out of business. Of course the dreamers will hang on hoping for a miracle (blessing). 

They control dollar flow now Rock.  Just like here in the US. You can not travel with over $10k out of Iraq. That would be a risky venture for $10K minus the plane trip, hotels and the incidentals.  Definitely not for me .  Heck I don't even go to Mexico anymore.  Wife is Hispanic and just says no to Mexico especially because its a white boy with the Mexican chick. LOL.  I used to go for the baja 1000 every year but to many horror stores the last few years.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

They control dollar flow now Rock.  Just like here in the US. You can not travel with over $10k out of Iraq. That would be a risky venture for $10K minus the plane trip, hotels and the incidentals.  Definitely not for me .  Heck I don't even go to Mexico anymore.  Wife is Hispanic and just says no to Mexico especially because its a white boy with the Mexican chick. LOL.  I used to go for the baja 1000 every year but to many horror stores the last few years.

I did not know of the  US dollar limit, certainly would need more than 10K if going to school or for extensive medical treatment. But I did read that they do not allow Iraqis to carry more than 10000 dinar out of the country. Although we know the dealers are able to get crisp new notes to sell. With all their corruption it is probable to bribe customs to look the other way.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Botzwana said:

I am a 6´2 white bald man with a Mexican wifey...Lived strictly in Mexico for 11 years now and have felt safer here than EVER in my 30 years in Atlanta.

Most Mexicans do not look down on us white men married to Hispanic women. They look down on our wives. That's the sad truth 

BTW. Hair is way overrated

• Upvote 2