Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Do You Really Really Still Believe In A Huge RV at This Point Seven Years Later?

Antietam

10 hours ago, Texstorm said:

Damn you tellem SG7 ! I don't mind a smart person that reasons and that can convey a plausible hypothesis to a therory that has yet to be determined. What I do mind is a forcfull SOB that thinks we are all stupid and he or she has the answer to life ! Go RV !

Ditto that!

I'm fully capable of thinking for myself. Funny how some think they are the chosen ones.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

ill tackle this

you are right about a few things...the 1 800 number never existed and never will...( naybe you were a part of this and got burned..if so sorry about that)

we will see the rate on the CBI and he XE

I DO think that you are wrong about an instant RV..it may be a few pennies....but it will change and eventually rise to a much higher level...what is that...NO ONE knows not even you.

Is Iraq ready...maybe maybe not...we are outsiders peering through a clouded glass window while standing on each others shoulders and holding each other up. This is where you do not fit. We have all over the past many many years have has doubts, but we discuss them and bring over articles to discuss. 

You fit here in the tank..but be nice to those here...they do not believe in an RV but they are good peeps.....certainly good with butter!!!!

no offence rock...lol

Bravo, Snow, Bravo!!!

:bravo:       :bravo:       :bravo:

Go Moola Nova!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

Let's have a good THINK! Does anyone think that the CBI, MOF or GOI wants to see the citizens in financial stress at this time??? Not I.

The CBI is responsible for the in-country exchange rate, YES... So let's say that the CBI would announce at 9AM on THE DAY that the official rate is 10 cents per dinar.

What would be the result?/ Because the 100  is the smallest note ( and there aren't many of them) now worth $10US ALL purchases would need to be  rounded to the nearest 100 whether you like it or not. The citizens wouldn't like that!! Well they would have to have smaller denoms , true, BUT they don't exist. Maybe they were printed in advance. But they need to get them to ALL the local banks in advance . Do you think dozens of armed trucks with SECRET packages going to all the banks would go unnoticed? The cat would be out of the bag! OF course  the same activity

would happen with an RD BUT it wouldn't have to be SECRET/.

THEN there is the problem with prices and wages! Typical public employee makes upwards of 500K dinar per month and it is payday what does he/she get?  Does the prices of stuff on the shelves stay the same ?

Now  the accounting system is screwed-up we have all these dinar deposited last night . what are they worth???? 

With all these now notes coming in we need new DeLaRue  machines. Quick!

Trying to keep such a rate change a secret would be a NIGHTMARE. Some may end up with a windfall other will feel cheated.

WHY would they do it ?????

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well I DO have the answer to life, but everyone's just to stubborn to hear, and think that I think the world is flat.
Well that's just like.... your opinion, man.

I'm like Marvin the depressed robot.

If it comes out at 10 cents this month AND I can exchange,
I will be on my knees and give thanks to whatever being YOU prayed to to make this happen.

I don't think people are stupid, just more gullible than I want to see,
and I HATE the people who lead the rubes by their noses with these awful lies.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Let's have a good THINK! Does anyone think that the CBI, MOF or GOI wants to see the citizens in financial stress at this time??? Not I.

The CBI is responsible for the in-country exchange rate, YES... So let's say that the CBI would announce at 9AM on THE DAY that the official rate is 10 cents per dinar.

What would be the result?/ Because the 100  is the smallest note ( and there aren't many of them) now worth $10US ALL purchases would need to be  rounded to the nearest 100 whether you like it or not. The citizens wouldn't like that!! Well they would have to have smaller denoms , true, BUT they don't exist. Maybe they were printed in advance. But they need to get them to ALL the local banks in advance . Do you think dozens of armed trucks with SECRET packages going to all the banks would go unnoticed? The cat would be out of the bag! OF course  the same activity

would happen with an RD BUT it wouldn't have to be SECRET/.

THEN there is the problem with prices and wages! Typical public employee makes upwards of 500K dinar per month and it is payday what does he/she get?  Does the prices of stuff on the shelves stay the same ?

Now  the accounting system is screwed-up we have all these dinar deposited last night . what are they worth???? 

With all these now notes coming in we need new DeLaRue  machines. Quick!

Trying to keep such a rate change a secret would be a NIGHTMARE. Some may end up with a windfall other will feel cheated.

WHY would they do it ?????

All things that have discussed many many many times thru out the years....I suggest you go back thru the archives where it was talked about

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 4

Soon is a perception that we enter into our minds because we all want a finality to the current situation. "Not anytime soon" is an acknowledgement that you relinquish the fact of any possibility of a positive outcome in any realm beyond your imagination. So my questions to all Lopster's is , why do you come here to to dwell in your disenchanted failures. If you're a loser just move on, because the rest of us are just where we want to be. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I have been in it for 10 years now, since 2006. I admit I had dreams of a 1:1 RV.. That was tempered by a peace I had after prayer about purchasing my IQD. Confirmation of it with the ok of my wife. Plus the vision of a Holy Goblet containing God's blessing represented by the wine in it.. Then the Lord just kind of instantly letting me know that I will manage, have stewardship over the cup and the blessing. Reminding me of my prayer 35 years ago at Mission Bay Christian Fellowship to have a self financed ministry, answering to a Pastoral covering, but answering only to God as to how utilize the blessing to bless others. While being allowed to provide for my family, retirement, and the inheritance of my children and my children's children. A lot of the post RV estate planning Adam has setup, or even an outside Estate Planner, Tax Attorney, and CPA., will definitely come into play. God has given me a couple of simple ways to invest to aid in maintaining flow of God's blessing. Only in supplement to His devine hand on the money. One of them controversial to some DV'ers. The other so simple, as you purchase big chunks of volatile  stocks, that you have researched,  at their low point and selling when they rise by $1.00 per share. If you buy 20,000 shares at a time, that could represent a good weeks or days pay. Such plans will allow the blessings, represented by the wine, to continue to pour out from a wine flask held by God. Causing it to over flow. This is how the people will be blest from just the over flow, allowing the principle amount to never decrease. Unless God says otherwise.

What has God spoken to other DV'ers regarding your visions, or similar occurrences ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, MisterNope said:

NOW....

Go down the list Synopsis posted and see which ones we need to see happen, and you'll see why 

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON.

Here is an excerpt from my earlier post noting the items I believed need to occur prior to an IQD RV with annotations in red:

Here are some significant things I think need to yet happen before the value of the IQD changes upwards (not necessarily in the order noted or all of them):

1. ISIS is, for the most part, exterminated in Iraq and Syria. (Happening now.)

2. Foreign troops (Iranian Militias, Turkish forces, etc.), other than coalition forces, are expelled from Iraq. (Seeing this more in the news now - even from Abadi)

3. The new Iraqi cabinet is confirmed and seated. (Partial completion with some outstanding remaining. Could happen quickly after Mosul is taken.)

4. The GOI is cleaned of corrupt politicians and new (relatively) non corrupt politicians are seated. (Seeing removal of immunity being called for unnamed entities.)

5. The remaining critical laws are passed by the GOI and are implemented (including the HCL). (Many laws appear only needing a vote - possibly after Mosul is retaken.)

6. Maliki and associates are on a one way ticket to somewhere other than their anticipated happy place.  Other major corrupt characters are also experiencing similar fates. (Calls for Maliki being brought to justice appear to be occurring at a greater rate. Doubt he can escape Crimes Against Humanity.)

7. The CBI has the Maliki appointments removed and/or replaced. (May still occur since a news article appeared a couple weeks ago about these individuals.)

8. The modernization of the CBI national and international standards and international connectivity is announced.  This piece is one I am pretty sure never existed before in and with Iraq and has been a major tool Saddam Hussein and other corrupt Iraqis have used to pilfer the CBI.  Less likely an option for corruption and pilfering if the new standards and electronic means are in place. (Have seen articles supporting this item although not lately of significance - possibly completed?)

9. A return of a significant sum (maybe not a substantial portion of all) of pilfered funds by Saddam Hussein and current era corrupt Iraqis has been returned to the CBI and/or rightful Iraqi entities. (See this more in the news articles lately.)

10. Iraq’s credit rating shows a nominal and reasonably stable foreign investment worthy rating. (Still needs improvement. When ISIS controlled areas are retaken, Turkish troops are removed, and the Iranian militias are booted, this could occur from the last credit agency.)

11. The dam before Mosul is announced as having been stabilized and is no longer a threat of collapse.  New loans are being sought to improve and/or replace the dam. (Haven't seen this in the news lately.)

12. Dr. Shabibi is announced as the acting CBI Governor (Ali al-Allaq is no longer serving any function in the CBI). (We'll have to wait and see on this one.)

13. The lower denominations of the IQD are announced as imminently being implemented.  The 50,000 IQD, and possibly the 100,000 IQD notes, may be a precursor to the lower denomination roll out to reduce the IQD note count.  Gold may be strongly encouraged as a replacement for IQD (not gold for USD). (LDs have not occurred but the other items have.)

14. The CBI bonds offered gain momentum. (Seeing this more.)

15. The CBI currency auctions are stopped completely and are entirely terminated. (Needs to happen.)

16. Possibly, a national and international news black out (i.e. what in the world is happening now in Iraq and in relation to Iraq?). (Could yet happen.)

17. Possibly, surprising really, really bad news about Iraq (and/or IQD) and an extremely dismal outlook for Iraq in the short and near term. (Could yet happen and is happening to a certain extent.)

18. Article 140 satisfied. (Waiting on this one.)

19. Section 8 satisfied. (Looks like progress has been made.)

20. Iraq announced as a World Trade Organization partner in a significant capacity (maybe not full or maybe with some temporary restrictions). (Needs to happen.)

21. The IMF/World Bank loans have started trickling into Iraq. (Happened.)

Sure, I have been optimistic about the timing for completion. However, there have been significant milestones accomplished to all these - for what we are told. I may be further optimistic but I think the remaining items could be in place in the near future - if they really need to be - for the IQD to revalue. Some of these items may not appear in the news articles.

As such, I don't think the, "NOTHING WILL HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON." is a reasonably accurate assessment.

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Synopsis!  You are posting in the Lopster Tank!!!   Here we don't think there will be an RV . You should post in "opinions"

I will suggest some changes though.

4. If you eliminate the corrupt politicians there is nobody left.

5. the HCL is NOT important. Because ALL the oil money is being SPENT and will continue to be spent by the GOI

12. Shabibi is not coming back. He has his Swiss apartment and a secure job there.

.15. The dollar sales CANNOT stop it is the only source for funds to run the government.

17 The bad NEWS is that they are selling off dollars from the reserves to make up for the budget deficit. The PEG really doesn't exist anymore. the real rate today should be 1300.

Most important for the dinarians to get any money is that CBI/MOF will agree to buy back all dinar held out of the country. i.e. BIS agreement. 

Edited by rockfl9
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

Synopsis!  You are posting in the Lopster Tank!!!   Here we don't think there will be an RV . You should post in "opinions"

I will suggest some changes though.

4. If you eliminate the corrupt politicians there is nobody left.

5. the HCL is NOT important. Because ALL the oil money is being SPENT and will continue to be spent by the GOI

12. Shabibi is not coming back. He has his Swiss apartment and a secure job there.

.15. The dollar sales CANNOT stop it is the only source for funds to run the government.

17 The bad NEWS is that they are selling off dollars from the reserves to make up for the budget deficit. The PEG really doesn't exist anymore. the real rate today should be 1300.

Most important for the dinarians to get any money is that CBI/MOF will agree to buy back all dinar held out of the country. i.e. BIS agreement. 

LOL, RockFL9! I thought this section of the forum was an opinion piece???!!!

4. I did mention "relatively". I know that is somewhat arbitrary but considering Iraq, I don't think many, if any, are squeaky clean. Just the bad actors need to be removed.

5. Others feel quite differently about the HCL. To me, the implementation of the HCL has significant implications for the degree of removal of pilfering from Iraq's crude oil sales and other corruption.

12. You may be right there and someone who is a squeaky clean or near squeaky clean CBI Governor is installed to replace the proxy Governor (Ali al-Allaq). Dr. Shabibi to me still holds strong potential for being reinstated as the CBI Governor. If this happens, I think it is a astronomically strong indication the IQD will imminently revalue.

15. The auctions hit the reserves since there is more going out than coming in recently. Kinda like your bank account. The more going out, the less the balance. Once the auctions stop, this indicates a sustainable open market flux has been achieved. Iraq can not maintain this closed exchange indefinitely since this greatly impedes their economic growth potential. An augmentation is the influx of foreign investment that will not occur in this closed exchange system. Once the IQD goes international, the currency auctions will no longer be needed and there will be a huge influx of foreign investment for rebuilding Iraq.

17. I was making a general comment on the bad news. If you believe what you stated for 17, then it is bad news for you.

For your last comment, it appears you anticipate the CBI/MOF to be a world banker of some sort that will suck up all the IQD. I do not think this is the case. Various banks around the world will hold significant amounts of IQD and other currencies. Could you produce the section of the Bank of International Settlements that concurs with your statement? The BIS handles a variety of different things but I can not imagine addressing a condition that the CBI/MOF will be required to suck up all the international IQD in the banking system(s). Does the BIS demand other countries suck up all their currencies? If so, who cares what the BIS says?

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 6

Well this is sort of an opinion piece IF you opinion is something other than RV.  So far the opinion of "no change" is 100%.

The "auctions" will always be needed it is OIL income that is distributed into the economy as salaries, pensions and welfare assistance. If the auctions stop those programs are not funded. In effect Iraq would be BROKE.

The reserves have shrunk from $69B to less than $45B .  That's bad news for all dinar holders. The CBI claims the exchange rate is the same , that is to keep inflation down.

THE BIS is the Central Banks regulator.  If you want to have an internationally tradable currency you must agree to its rules. Primarily it requires a bank to provide a market for its currency. At this time the IQD is a CLOSED currency ... Iraq does not use it to trade outside of its boundrys .  Yes, if you want your currency to be traded "internationally "  you must agree to take it back at some reasonable rate . Without that agreement no centeral bank would touch the currency.  Before 2010(?) I think banks bought/sold not  knowing the CBI did not  accept it back. I know of no Western bank that does it now.

Some banks may be STUCK with dinar there is nothing they can do now. I don't think the IQD will ever be considered a reserve currency thus a bank would be foolhardy if it accumulated ANY. 

• Downvote 1

Thank You for your response, RockFL9!

Please consider the phrase from your most recent post, "Yes, if you want your currency to be traded "internationally "  you must agree to take it back at some reasonable rate."

Although not completely accurate, traded internationally is a key to the future IQD value. Say every depositor at a particular bank goes and withdraws their money in cash. Will the bank have enough cash to cover all the deposits? No. I recognize this is a simplified version of what happens with international currencies. Any currency held by a foreign entity is rarely, if ever, demanded to be paid in the foreign countries currency on demand. Same thing with the IQD. I don't think the CBI will be shelling out a foreign country's currency for the IQD.

Of course, this is all my opinion. However, if I understand correctly, the IQD will need to be traded internationally so Iraq can be a full member of the WTO. My opinion is Iraq will need to be a full member of the WTO to gain sufficient foreign investment to rebuild Iraq and to fully integrate Iraq in international trade. This will likely bring the open market to goods, services, and currencies and moved out of a closed currency. As such, I believe Iraq needs all this now to prevent impoverished sectarian violence and foreign entities from taking advantage of Iraq's fragile social and political make up. Iraq is now a completely different country, and being treated internationally as such, unlike Saddam Hussein's era and before. As such, I believe, on certain economic reform conditions, Iraq can be a stable and fully integrated international trade entity.

Everyone has their reasons for supporting or denying and future revaluation of the IQD revaluation. I believe there are more supporting reasons and current conditions to support an IQD revalue. Due to Iraq and international conditions, I believe a short to near term revaluation of the IQD will occur. The reasons for your conclusion(s) and my conclusion(s) do not sufficiently match. I am not saying I am right or wrong and I am not saying you are right or wrong. If you, or any one else, shares the same opinion then Great! If you, or any one else does not share my opinion then Great! Either way, I do not care. I carefully weighed the issues before I made this one way decision to make this IQD revalue investment for what I believe to be a profitable return.

Go Moola Nova!

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

Everyone has their reasons for supporting or denying and future revaluation of the IQD revaluation. I believe there are more supporting reasons and current conditions to support an IQD revalue. Due to Iraq and international conditions, I believe a short to near term revaluation of the IQD will occur. The reasons for your conclusion(s) and my conclusion(s) do not sufficiently match. I am not saying I am right or wrong and I am not saying you are right or wrong. If you, or any one else, shares the same opinion then Great! If you, or any one else does not share my opinion then Great! Either way, I do not care. I carefully weighed the issues before I made this one way decision to make this IQD revalue investment for what I believe to be a profitable return.

I'm glad we can simply agree to disagree.  Good reply!

Maybe you could explain , What good would it do if the CBI simply DECLARED a 10 cent RV BUT was not required to pay-out!.. Would your local bank do an exchange under those terms .  I think not.  Member banks within the BIS expect open honesty between members.  If the CBI declares the 10 cent value then it is expected to settle at that value for any and all dinar presented.   The BIS has the ability to sanction members WHO do not follow the rules.  

• Downvote 1

Opinions are great....I respect both sides views....nothing new or earth shattering.....all has been discussed at nausea. As usual .....we wait. Or if one decides enough is enough....I understand & wish u the best. Cept for those that chose to deceive innocent folks (LOPsters & Guru's)

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1

Hi RockFL9,

This part of the post you quoted of mine is your addition:

"I'm glad we can simply agree to disagree.  Good reply!

Maybe you could explain , What good would it do if the CBI simply DECLARED a 10 cent RV BUT was not required to pay-out!.. Would your local bank do an exchange under those terms .  I think not.  Member banks within the BIS expect open honesty between members.  If the CBI declares the 10 cent value then it is expected to settle at that value for any and all dinar presented.   The BIS has the ability to sanction members WHO do not follow the rules."

I suspect very few, if any, on any part of this forum are sufficiently acquainted with the practices or decision matrix of any government or international agency (like or similar to the BIS) or collaborative interactions with other agencies.

As such, I can not answer, " What good would it do if the CBI simply DECLARED a 10 cent RV BUT was not required to pay-out!." If this were the case, I would weigh what options I believe are best for me regarding the IQD with supportable assumptions of the best time to exchange the IQD.

I have no idea what the banking options are post event. I suspect very few do despite the chatter on various other sites.

I strongly suspect the BIS cares very little (really not at all) what any populace of any country thinks about their decisions and I don't think the BIS is going to announce to the populace of any country matters the BIS plans to implement for consideration or approval. The BIS will do what the BIS unilaterally thinks it aught to do whether in conjunction with other peer entities or alone.

But, by all means, please contact the BIS to inform them of what protocols they must exercise. I am eager for you to share their response (or if they even responded back to you) and request you do share here for all to see.

Otherwise, I am not interested in any further opinions about my posts. I shared my opinions based on what I believe to be supporting reasons for others to consider for their own matters.

Go Moola Nova!

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 2

A lot of things on that list need to happen before monetary reform happens.

These will not happen within the next 6 months.

Iraq still has BASIC INFRASTRUCTURE NEEDS that cannot be resolved in under a year.
In fact, the statement below seems to indicate things won't be finished within A FEW YEARS!!
They're getting ready to start. THEY HAVE NOT STARTED.....

Mtn Goat: "We are now seeing some overdue infrastructure projects about ready to take place in Iraq.
They are telling us they planned these projects in the 2017 budget and now they are getting ready to begin the work."

Now if you want to be under the spells of hopium and Jesus Juice, that's your own affair.

Tell you what..... After summer I'll pop in and say TOLD YOU SO, because we will be in the EXACT same position!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4