Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mother Invested $8,000 in the Iraqi Dinar

Freedomrules

This video surely doesn't send out a very good perception of what this investment is all about. I am surprised it was allowed to be put in here at all.

:shrug:

• Upvote 1

Well, my mother did. To the tune of $20,000 dollars.  Along with many of her friends.  And then they convinced me it was a real opportunity.  I bought in after much discussion around the old kitchen table.  I remember every talking point and pro-argument.  Now I realize they were just quoting verbatim, the lies of the gurus.  My greed button went "on", and I bought dinar also. ( didn't want to be left out ).  I am the only one of that circle of mother's friends who got out.  Many have already died, leaving their millions of physical dinar to beneficiaries.  They don't have a clue what to do with them.  Some have already had their greed button stimulated, and want to hold onto them, thus  passing  this false teaching down to the next generation.  My mother also passed away last year,  never seeing her "ship come in" as she so often quoted.  It has been a sad experience for a whole lot of people who have watched their dreams die with them.  I'm sure that caz will have some sarcastic comment to make to this post, as it is his job to belittle these kinds of stories for his own profit, I'm sure.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

Whats funny about all of this .......................................there are millions.............no billions of some sort of business transactions daily world wide. NEWSFLASH: Not all go according to plan. People make money ....................another NEWSFLASH: and people LOSE money. Google Financial losses and get ready to flooded with threads. People speculate/invest daily.................................NEWFLASH: Many LOSE MONEY!!!  There are no guarantees....................I've NEVER EVER seen that documented anywhere. This "sissy it's someone else's fault society for my decisions" we live in is getting out of hand.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Caz you are correct. Not all financial deals make a  profit or break even.   But the dinar is a failure from the get/go.  First off paying 25% up front makes breakeven impossible. One of the early arguments I remember was " Hey , its a currency , if things don't work out just take it back to the bank !!!!" .  Well the bank is a dealer who might give 70% of what you paid.

As far as a profit goes NOONE ,you included, can give a logical explanation of HOW IT will happen... The line is that the CBI can simply state what the value is to be...TRUE and it is 1182... In reality it is not that good but it doesn't matter because it is only traded within Iraq.  You legally cant take it out or bring it back in. Outside of Iraq it is a collectable curio!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"A collectible curio".  That's exactly how iraq will treat all "out of country" dinars if they ever redenominate their currency.  It is their "guaranteed loophole" to wipe the speculators off the books.  And they won't worry about world opinion when they do that.  The world already considers dinar speculators as "kooks".  They won't care either.  The only people who will scream and holler are the dinar speculators.......but nobody' will be listening out there.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Antietam, I suspect you are right.   Get rid of the last dinar you have ...  I am working on the one dinarian that will still listen to me but cant yet get him to sell... His argument is that he doesn't want to loose ANY MORE money .  I cant seem to convince him that there is a possibility it will become totally worthless if they RD... Or if the CBI goes into default... WHAT IS THAT possible ..   YES.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

Thanks Markinsa

Thats a funny anecdote. Do you mind if I share that, and thanks for the quote. Can I ask who is Leon Brown.? I read threw some of his quotes and some were quite good.

Have a wonderful Easter

I found these quotes on Google, you're free to use them as you wish.  14! 14! 14! :D

On 24/3/2016 at 2:37 PM, Antietam said:

Well, my mother did. To the tune of $20,000 dollars.  Along with many of her friends.  And then they convinced me it was a real opportunity.  I bought in after much discussion around the old kitchen table.  I remember every talking point and pro-argument.  Now I realize they were just quoting verbatim, the lies of the gurus.  My greed button went "on", and I bought dinar also. ( didn't want to be left out ).  I am the only one of that circle of mother's friends who got out.  Many have already died, leaving their millions of physical dinar to beneficiaries.  They don't have a clue what to do with them.  Some have already had their greed button stimulated, and want to hold onto them, thus  passing  this false teaching down to the next generation.  My mother also passed away last year,  never seeing her "ship come in" as she so often quoted.  It has been a sad experience for a whole lot of people who have watched their dreams die with them.  I'm sure that caz will have some sarcastic comment to make to this post, as it is his job to belittle these kinds of stories for his own profit, I'm sure.

I'm sorry about your loss, Antietam

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:17 PM, rockfl9 said:

Caz you are correct. Not all financial deals make a  profit or break even.   But the dinar is a failure from the get/go.  First off paying 25% up front makes breakeven impossible. One of the early arguments I remember was " Hey , its a currency , if things don't work out just take it back to the bank !!!!" .  Well the bank is a dealer who might give 70% of what you paid.

As far as a profit goes NOONE ,you included, can give a logical explanation of HOW IT will happen... The line is that the CBI can simply state what the value is to be...TRUE and it is 1182... In reality it is not that good but it doesn't matter because it is only traded within Iraq.  You legally cant take it out or bring it back in. Outside of Iraq it is a collectable curio!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, caz1104 said:

Seriously Guys,

This is getting on the absurd side. What difference does it make what % percent is charged upfront..............this again is nothing new. It's a "scam" if u feel it to be............but not otherwise.

What makes it a scam is that the sellers were touting the possibility (not certainty but possibility) of a return that they knew was in fact impossible (not merely unlikely).

• Downvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

If the so called mother squandered food from her children's mouth, it's a crying shame that her kids will turn out just like her.....the seeds don't fall far from the tree ... Does it !........the examples would not fit in this forum so I'm not wasting my breath !

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Tex,

There are millions of "woe is me stories" that have one common denominator .........................."it's not my fault". When I hear/read where someone is held at gunpoint by "gurus" to invest, that's when i'll buy into the "mean" ole guru conspiracy BS that's put out daily by some that are NOW disgruntled investors/speculators.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

I agree Caz.  I admit i have changed my way of thinking on this.

The Same goes with smoking and drinking. So many blame the alcohol and tobacco companies for their addictions.

Its a choice.... Those that smoke and drink Choose to smoke and drink. No one to blame but themselves

Those that have held or do hold dinar made the choice to buy. No one forced them to buy and buy and buy

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 1

On 3/28/2016 at 0:37 PM, caz1104 said:

Seriously Guys,

This is getting on the absurd side. What difference does it make what % percent is charged upfront..............this again is nothing new. It's a "scam" if u feel it to be............but not otherwise.

I believe that when you purchase stock there is also a fee...... anytime money is exchanged there is a fee.

• Upvote 3