Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

So here we are again

So, here we are yet again...another month almost gone...another year IS gone, and we keep reading and hearing the same old "We're close !", but we never, ever seem to actually get there. So, before y'all  start in with the negative stuff, remember some of us have been here for better than ten years now!

How much longer can this possibly go before we all just throw the dinar in the garbage and go on? The same old rhetoric gets old.

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1

Yep, starting to consider selling the remainder. Calling it a loss, doing something else and writing the loss off on my taxes. I'm not that needy right now that I have to sell out but I am sure there are those that are. Same goes for the VND that I possess.

As my attorney always says: Govern yourselves accordingly!

Edited by djgabrielie1
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Yup, either we all are the dumbest suckers who ever lived, or we have set some kind of world record for never ending optimism. I don't even look forward to the Wednesday chats anymore. After "investing" way back in '05, I'm pretty well convinced this is never gonna happen.

Edited by ezrapound
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

I understand your frustration completely. I'm sick of hearing the same thing over and over. But I have decided to stay in this crazy game until towels have been thrown in by Iraq. I only invested what i can afford to lose. But it's very frustrating to say the least.

• Upvote 6

I really can understand the frustration, really I can.  But are you not encouraged with the progress?  Do you think it is just carrots dangling?

Actually, after ten years, yes, I do. And it is almost impossible to get encouraged with it after all these years. 

Edited by ezrapound
  • Upvote 3

I really can understand the frustration, really I can.  But are you not encouraged with the progress?  Do you think it is just carrots dangling?

I think it is carrot dangling. We have seen this time and time again. They continue to make progress but always seem to have some hurdle come up that pushes the RV further out. I've been in this for over ten years now have seen the same thing over and over again. People that have invested in the Dinar and the Dong were incited with the prospect of making a profit as we all have. This does not mean that you should stay or go with this investment. I believe that investors have to have a loss gap in any investment. Your choice when you reach that point. 

Edited by djgabrielie1
  • Upvote 3

I've only been in this a little over 5 years and have been pretty obsessed with it, so I can understand after 10 years, it is really old.  It just seems that so much has been done since Abadi has been in office.  I'm just glad I didn't know what all needed to be done pre-RV when I bought in 2010.  But I am fully committed and fully persuaded that it will happen and am in expectation of a suddenly. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think when we all first bought out dinar that we thought Iraq could just state their current was worth 1 to 1 or more with the US dollar. None of us expected it would go on forever with so many obstacles and roadblocks and delays and idiocy…

It has been extremely excruciating to watch the painfully slow progress of this country basically starting all over and catapulting itself into the 21st century.... And if Maliki was still in charge this whole thing would have quickly become a dead horse when ISIS took over..... I watch this transformation gleefully, yet too am disappointed that out of all of the giant steps Iraq has taken forward, RV is still just a word, not an event.... I am weary, yet still optimistic that they are still moving forward. I wish they would just make a move, any move, like RV at one cent. I would bail in a heartbeat and be friggon happy! Abadi has the foresight, but his foresight keeps getting bogged down in Parliment. Amnesty can wait dang it! I can't even imagine what is holding them back from RV- ing today........

• Upvote 1

Stability ! That's the key of the International game. As soon as Iraq reaches some sort of stability (ISIS/HCL) then they will be recognized as International concerning the dinar. Remember International banks from abroad must be able transfer funds around with complete confidence , while Iraq's CBI has remained stable the country as a whole has not and that is where the HCL comes into play. The HCL will bring the confidence that the whole country is on the same page, that's all that is really need for Iraq to be recognized Internationally. Just my two cents. Thanks

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Stability ! That's the key of the International game. As soon as Iraq reaches some sort of stability (ISIS/HCL) then they will be recognized as International concerning the dinar. Remember International banks from abroad must be able transfer funds around with complete confidence , while Iraq's CBI has remained stable the country as a whole has not and that is where the HCL comes into play. The HCL will bring the confidence that the whole country is on the same page, that's all that is really need for Iraq to be recognized Internationally. Just my two cents. Thanks

If you could talk about HCL without talking about the Kurds I would feel better... But they are sometimes the unstable element in this whole picture!

• Upvote 2

I here you jcfrag ! But at some point something or someone has to give. I really think that the Kurds will have to give in at some point, certainly some kind of concessions have already been made or they wouldn't be receiving U.S. military support against ISIS. Nothing is free in life including their freedom. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 years,and I think about all the time, that I have wasted, the times of anger,and I should know better, but human he is! Yes many times thinking of just selling out,why I do not ? know, except the fear of losing out! that"s why we are still all here !!!! Fear has replaced common sense,sad isan't it?.I have said this for some time now that the USA is in charge of the whole shootin match, untill it can serve the the best interest for the USA, or the PTB. I believe this in some way is an ace in the hole for them ,that is after the bottom drops out of the economy, than the hole card will be played , so maybe if we hold on we could cash in. I think back to when Iraq was forgiven all those billions of dollars by all those countries ,borrowed money from who ever, the big boys that know how to play this game are still pumping money in for every excuse the Iraqis come up with? Now we know that the IMF and others  keep giving, doesan't make any sense,? they and the other loan sharks are not going to lose , to many big players involved well that's my thoughts on this, I may have just inspired myself in to hanging on a bit longer.Just sayin.

• Upvote 1

So, here we are yet again...another month almost gone...another year IS gone, and we keep reading and hearing the same old "We're close !", but we never, ever seem to actually get there. So, before y'all  start in with the negative stuff, remember some of us have been here for better than ten years now!

How much longer can this possibly go before we all just throw the dinar in the garbage and go on? The same old rhetoric gets old.

I got used to it...I'm not saying I like it...But what can I do?  it's been almost 11 years for me.

And besides..It's extremely difficult for me to sell   my Dinars ( I tried in the past) from Italy...Either People will not trust me or they are not interested  ( I can't blame them....)

Edited by umbertino