Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What I heard

GregHi

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to my Kurdish friend tonight. I still don't have an answer as to why we haven't seen Abadi resign as he mentioned he would do or be forced out.. so I am a little reluctant to share his information now. I believe him still, but am left scratching my head.. Who knows, maybe the plan fell apart, I don't know. 

He did tell me tonight that the Kurds are planning to either hold a vote or make the separation official on October 4th of this year. It is a big day planned in Erbil on that day and my friend was even invited back to celebrate. Treat as rumor especially since the last bit of news he told us hasn't happened or hasn't happened yet.

• Upvote 2

Abadi not going anywhere....

History of edits:: 05.16.2016 21:27 • 145 visits readable
Infallible: is not the time to change Abadi
{Baghdad: Euphrates News} Iraqi President Fuad Masum, ruled out the change of prime minister Haider al-Abadi at the moment, adding that "a country's circumstances do not allow it now.

The infallible in a press statement that any change or naming the prime minister may take a long time and has been in previous years. 
The new infallible during the meeting , saying that the Kurdish deputies were subjected to humiliation, pointing to the need for assurances not to repeat it. 
He stressed the Iraqi president that the storming of the demonstrators to the headquarters of the House of Representatives it was not spontaneous, but under the guidance of a political party, but he also say that this party directives remedying what happened to prevent massacres, as he put it 
in a related development, the Iraqi president called on the Federal Court to expedite the resolution of the legitimacy of the Council the issue of the House of Representatives to be able to resume his work. He said that the court 's decision would be binding for all, pointing out that the solution to the crisis will be rapid if the parties to the conflict agreed in Alberlman.anthy
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Shedagal said:

That is strange, Greg.  Thanks for posting (takes guts LOL).  Lots can happen between now and October 4 - LIKE AN RV!!  I also think about the scripture that says "Man makes his plans, but God has His way."

Proverbs 21:1 New International Version (NIV)

21 In the Lord’s hand the king’s heart is a stream of water

that he channels toward all who please him.

• Upvote 1

Even with the best intentions the government is not always on the same page. So it is not a concern that sometimes some of the information will not be 100% accurate. Working with the government myself not everyone is privy to every conversation on the same playing field. He is just presenting the most relevant information he has at the time. I do appreciate you sharing and do share what he says because it does help add the other side of the story in these case to see what each side is bringing to the table to bargain out. Sometimes I feel the Kurds have to put out some punch to make their case known. However, in the latest news I saw a CB location opening in the Kurdish region so they may be postering to get their way. All tactics repubs and dems use to gain advantages so its politics as usual. Please share Greg. Love this thread.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Carrello said:

Talabani's party and change to Reach Agreement "comprehensive" includes the removal of Barzani rejected secession

Visits: 19,558 Published on: Today, 10:36 Published by: Hamid

Talabani's party and change to Reach Agreement "comprehensive" includes the removal of Barzani rejected secession

It announced the Movement for Change, on Monday, reaching an agreement for a "comprehensive" with the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), led by former President Jalal Talabani, indicating that the agreement includes the removal of regional president Massoud Barzani power and rejected the idea of secession.

The MP for the Movement Shirin satisfaction that "the two parties (the Patriotic Union of change) will sign a political agreement on Tuesday, to draw a new political map of the region of Kurdistan," indicating that "the new agreement reached consists of 25 items."+

She satisfaction, that "the salient features of the agreement is to emphasize the illegality of Massoud Barzani and the necessity of stepping down from office," Mushir that "the agreement also stressed the rejection of the idea of separation from Iraq."

And it showed satisfaction that "the sides and under the new agreement have agreed to enter one list in the next elections," asserting that "the two parties also agreed to the return of the Kurdish parliament to work and prevent the uniqueness of any party political decision of the province."

It is noteworthy that the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) and the MDC hold since several days continuous meetings in order to reach a political agreement

http://fk-news.com/57284-%D8%AD%D8%B2%D8%A8%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A%20%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%BA%D9%8A%D9%8A%D8%B1%20%D9%8A%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%B5%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%20%D9%84%D8%A5%D8%AA%D9%81%D8%A7%D9%82%20%E2%80%9C%D8%B4%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%84%E2%80%9D%20%D9%8A%D8%AA%D8%B6%D9%85%D9%86%20%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%AD%D9%8A%D8%A9%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%B2%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A%20%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%81%D8%B6%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%81%D8%B5%D8%A7%D9%84.html

• Upvote 5

GregHi, thanks for the info. However, I think the Kurds receiving the 17%/3.5 billion of the IMF loan quashes the desire to split from Iraq for now. Just as we hear certain groups want Texas as the Lone Star State to secede from the union, doesn't mean they will. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, idplzr said:

GregHi, thanks for the info. However, I think the Kurds receiving the 17%/3.5 billion of the IMF loan quashes the desire to split from Iraq for now. Just as we hear certain groups want Texas as the Lone Star State to secede from the union, doesn't mean they will. 

Don't bet on that!!! :D:D We Texans get fed up with Washington, we will tell them to kiss our @ss.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, 8th ID said:

Don't bet on that!!! :D:D We Texans get fed up with Washington, we will tell them to kiss our @ss.

The post was not intended to offend. I believe many of us are fed up with Washington. The point is, agree or not,  if I was a betting man and was guaranteed to live till I was a hundred I would bet that Texas will still be part of the USA. BTW Arizona has the same attitude. Feel free to throw another cherry bomb, I have plenty of greenies to spare. Have a great day;)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Oh idplzr, I wasn't offended... Never even thought of it that way. That's why the smiley faces on it. I do believe Arizona has the same attitude. That debate comes up every year and really gets big every Legislative session when we have things going on like we do right now. For the last four legislative sessions I believe at least one State Rep has tried to introduce a bill to secede from the union. Will it happen? I don't think so, not in my lifetime. Things will have to get a whole lot worse than they are now, and if they get that bad, well, we have a whole more to worry about then splitting from the union. Still, it does make most Texans feel good to know that we were a country of our own at one time and could easily go back to it. :D

Now, Will the Kurds split from Iraq? I agree with you, as long as they get their money and get treated right, I think they will stay. But if they don't I can see them splitting real fast.

Oh, I evened you out. I didn't neg you there and I don't know why someone would have.

Edited by 8th ID
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, 8th ID said:

Oh idplzr, I wasn't offended... Never even thought of it that way. That's why the smiley faces on it. I do believe Arizona has the same attitude. That debate comes up every year and really gets big every Legislative session when we have things going on like we do right now. For the last four legislative sessions I believe at least one State Rep has tried to introduce a bill to secede from the union. Will it happen? I don't think so, not in my lifetime. Things will have to get a whole lot worse than they are now, and if they get that bad, well, we have a whole more to worry about then splitting from the union. Still, it does make most Texans feel good to know that we were a country of our own at one time and could easily go back to it. :D

Now, Will the Kurds split from Iraq? I agree with you, as long as they get their money and get treated right, I think they will stay. But if they don't I can see them splitting real fast.

Oh, I evened you out. I didn't neg you there and I don't know why someone would have.

• Upvote 4

On May 17, 2016 at 2:04 AM, GregHi said:

Idplzr, I hear ya. I sure hope the Kurds don't, that is my thought as well. I don't think it would bode well for our investment. But weather I like it, or don't like the info that comes from my friend, I try to share it. His Intel is just a small glacé of what the Kurds are talking about or planning that may or may not workout as a whole. 

I guess it's kind of similar to if the Iraqis had friends in Texas and the Texas friends told their Iraqi friends that Texas was going to suscede becuase we were fed up with the liberal Washington agenda.. Will it happen for real? Time will tell I guess.. But hopefully you see what I mean. 

Edited by GregHi
  • Upvote 5

On May 20, 2016 at 1:34 PM, idplzr said:

The post was not intended to offend. I believe many of us are fed up with Washington. The point is, agree or not,  if I was a betting man and was guaranteed to live till I was a hundred I would bet that Texas will still be part of the USA. BTW Arizona has the same attitude. Feel free to throw another cherry bomb, I have plenty of greenies to spare. Have a great day;)

Can't believe someone would give you a ruby for saying that  :shakehead:......Evened you out.  :) :wave: and then some......:P

Edited by millionaire in training
  • Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

I had a casual conversation with my friend tonight.. We spoke about the recent bombings in Baghdad and he told me the people's confidence in the Government is at an all time low. They feel the Government was behind the attack somehow and are threatening to riot in the green zone when they come back into session. There are rumors among the people that there are people missing because guys were seen on the roof tops with guns prior to the explosion and now several people are missing or kidnapped. They are also pointing to the fact that the road was closed for several days to allow people to shop at the mall type complex for the EID celebration, but late at night an order was given to open the road for 10 minutes, which allowed the car to get into the area... This is why when Abadi showed up everyone was throwing things at him, because in the publics eye, the Government made this happen.. Right or wrong who knows, but that is the feelings among the street with the Iraqi people right now according to my friend.. Just passing it along.. Take it for what it's worth.. Which is always rumor.

• Upvote 7