Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

People that don't live in Texas don't know how big it is.

Markinsa

12036565_10206445432986922_5685669020806

People that don't live in Texas don't know how big it is.

- Driving from East to West on I-10 is about 879 miles. This drive, at normal speeds will take 13 hours and 30 minutes.
- Driving from North to South is about the same mileage and time.
- It covers 268,820 Square Miles
- Dallas to Houston is nearly the same distance as Paris to London
- 7.4 percent of the entire surface area of the United States
- Brewester county in Texas is 6,208 square miles making it larger than the states of Connecticut, Delaware and Rhode Island
- DFW (Dallas Ft. Worth) airport is the size of Manhattan
- If Texas were a separate country, it would have the 12th largest GDP in the world ahead of Mexico, South Korea and Australia
- Texas is almost half the size of the Planet Pluto
- Although six flags have flown over Texas, there have been eight changes of government: Spanish 1519-1685, French 1685-1690, Spanish 1690-1821, Mexican 1821-1836, Republic of Texas 1836-1845, United States 1845-1861, Confederate States 1861-1865, United States 1865-present
- The state was an independent nation from 1836 to 1845
- The state's cattle population is estimated to be near 16 million

• Upvote 7

God knows I love Texas! The sad thing is... dumb, stupid, Liberal Democrat's have been moving here because the state they move from has failed under Demoncrats. Yet they vote for the same stupid, ignorant, Liberal policies that totally screwed up their states. That shows how down right STUPID Demoncrats are. Leave a state because of economic stupidity. And vote for the same stupidity you left. Stupid is, as Stupid does, never made more sense. Democrats move to Texas, wanna prove you're not stupid, quit voting for the stupid s*** you voted for in your F'd up state. I don't expect it, you're too stupid.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

God knows I love Texas! The sad thing is... dumb, stupid, Liberal Democrat's have been moving here because the state they move from has failed under Demoncrats. Yet they vote for the same stupid, ignorant, Liberal policies that totally screwed up their states. That shows how down right STUPID Demoncrats are. Leave a state because of economic stupidity. And vote for the same stupidity you left. Stupid is, as Stupid does, never made more sense. Democrats move to Texas, wanna prove you're not stupid, quit voting for the stupid s*** you voted for in your F'd up state. I don't expect it, you're too stupid.

Can I get an AMEN?!?!?!  MSN-Emoticon-applause-004.gif

• Upvote 5

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

would love to move back there...if Lady Eagle who agree (LOL) but meanwhile holding on to some acreage in case she changes her mind !!!...and to add to your amen Mark Liberalism is a mental disorder...

like a wise man once said...if you are young and conservative...you have little heart....if you are mature and liberal you have little brains...

• Upvote 1

G that sounds like The Mid eastern idiots moving to America !

Edited by Muleslayer

Africa's big...but Africa's not a Country...it's a continent.

I never said it was a country, Teaxs isnt a country either lol..... he he he.

It's funny how texas is almost the size of Europe, yet only 16million people live there.

Europe is home to just over 200million more people than the US  (Europe 742m / US 530m) ........  yet people in the US say there isnt enough space ?? I would love to live somewhere with that much free space.

I was reading an article the other day about the UK and how people complain about the amount of available space for development, apparently the UK with a population of 64million has only developed (built roads, houses, airports etc) on 7% of the available land space, the rest is farm land, woodland, parks etc. yet the government holds back on further development, probably the reason for the extortionate property prices here, just did a quick search for data on the US ..... wow only 3% developed land in the US. anyway I've gone way off topic here lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I lived in San Antonio for 3 yrs. going to college and while there a lady in her truck that was swept off the road by a flash flood. Sadly It took them three days to find her truck...and that was "in" the city limits! Machine...truth be known there is a lot of available land all over the world...but either it's too pricey or completely off limits!

Pop. of US:

Yeah youre right, bad google search gave me 520, even the numbers I got earlier on Europe were wrong..... hmmm bad google.

cheers.

actually that original post is a bit unrealistic ..... from looking into the numbers europe is almost 1 million square kilometers bigger than the US (310,000 sq miles), so how on earth is that picture showing texas alone almost covering most of mainland Europe ???

• Upvote 1

A non-Texan once bragged about his wealth, said to a Texan, "You Texans brag about how big Texas is, how many oil well, how many cattle, and how many beautiful homes you have.  Well, I've got enough gold to build a wall 10 foot high all around your state!"  

The Texan thought for a minute and then, without batting an eye, said, "I tell what, you build the wall, if we like it we'll buy it."  

• Upvote 3