Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer request

Shabibilicious

It's with a heavy heart I come to my DV family with a request for prayers.  My father-in-law has been called home.  When I met and married my wife 30 years ago, my future father-in-law was the healthiest, most active middle aged fire plug I had ever met.  He was an Air Force vet and a very proud American.  A person really needed to stretch out to keep up with him.  A few years ago he was diagnosed with cancer and given 6 months....he battled that nasty disease valiantly for 3 plus years and this morning the Lord told him to rest, he'd been through enough.  I ask my DV family to pray for strength for my mother-in-law, Mrs Shabs, her sisters and their families as they grieve and hopefully find the spiritual strength needed so they can ultimately celebrate his mortal life and eternal light he now shares with our Lord, God.   

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 17

I am truly sorry for the loss of your one of your family Shabs, If there is anything I can do from Houston please message me and I would be happy to oblige. You were there for me as well as the other members of DV when I most needed all of the prayers back at Thanksgiving. Even though we have never personally met I want you to know that I have a great respect for you and many others here at DV. You and your family are in my prayers "God please bless this family and return them to happiness" :angel:   

• Upvote 1

Sorry to her the bad news my friend.  Prayers for you and your family’s loss.  Perhaps it could be of some comfort to think that after defying the disease for three years your father in law gets to celebrate Jesus’ birthday in His house this year :angel:

• Upvote 1

Heavenly Father - We thank you for taking another of our Warriors into your house and ask that you send your serenity to his family. Touch them with Your grace and mercy, giving them the peace and strength they need in this time.

Eternal rest grant unto him, Oh Lord, let perpetual light shine upon him, and may he rest in peace.

• Upvote 4

Shabs dear, you and your family will be in my prayers.  Its hard to battle the pain of a lost one, but I pray, knowing that His arms surrounds you and the living, will bring you comfort... He will never leave your side. Hear His whispers, and peace and calmness will enter your heart. 

Your father-in-law is now in the best arms!!!! wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  Yes Tank, may the perpetual light shine upon him and rest in peace.   

• Upvote 1

Shabs, prayers and thoughts for Mrs Shabs and your family during this sad time. May God hold all of you closely, bring you peace and sustain you with his love and grace. Thank you to your father-in-law for his service for our country. Blessings to him as he now is healed from the cancer and feels like that man you described in your post. God be with you all.

• Upvote 1