Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Time Frame (Approx)

NoviceInvestor

For those interested in my initial research supporting my decision to exchange some of my USD for IQD, here is the link to the original EO 13303:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0ahUKEwie1pKtp9XKAhUP92MKHcAmAy0QFghDMAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.treasury.gov%2Fresource-center%2Fsanctions%2FDocuments%2F13303.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHmZOKwUbEDS8hxTGWYcHtL8yTk_g

This is a short page and a half read.  Here is Section 1 with key items highlighted that supported my decision to exchange for IQD:

Section 1. Unless licensed or otherwise authorized pursuant to this order, any attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other judicial process is prohibited, and shall be deemed null and void, with respect to the following:

(a.) the Development Fund for Iraq, and
(b.) all Iraqi petroleum and petroleum products, and interests therein, and proceeds, obligations, or any financial instruments of any nature whatsoever arising from or related to the sale or marketing thereof, and interests therein, in which any foreign country or a national thereof has any interest, that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of United States persons.

It goes on to say further in Section 4 with a key item, for me, highlighted:

Sec. 4. (a) The Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense, is hereby authorized to take such actions, including the promulgation of rules and regulations, and to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA and the UNPA as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this order. The Secretary of the Treasury may redelegate any of these functions to other officers and agencies of the United States Government. All agencies of the United States Government are hereby directed to take all appropriate measures within their statutory authority to carry out the provisions of this order.

(b.) Nothing contained in this order shall relieve a person from any requirement to obtain a license or other authorization in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.

So, for me, I saw support in this Executive Order for acquiring IQD legally for my own lawful purposes from a licensed IQD dealer.  I did my checking on my IQD outlet for longevity of the company down to any issues with the BBB.  Not finding any issues, I purchased my IQD from this dealer.  I don't remember anymore how I came across this EO - whether it was mentioned on some forum, heard about it, or just plain did an internet search.  Whether or not this EO is mentioned by other individuals of varying credibility, this EO is one of the components that supported my decision based on my personal take of what was stated in this EO and my thoughts on a potential investment opportunity.

I don't have the link(s) handy but there has been information posted from Iraqi sources to suggest that international entities are cooperating with Iraq to return absconded funds.  The success or degree of success in returning these absconded funds is questionable/debatable.  My gut feel is foreign entities will want to respond to the Iraqis knowledgeable of the specifics of the absconded funds to prevent any future restrictions from doing business freely in Iraq.  The rebuild of Iraq alone should be a huge financial opportunity for foreign entities and I don't think foreign entities will want anything to get in the way of this opportunity.

Just my thoughts.

Synopsis, EO 13303 applies only to US business interests in the petroleum industries, especially as it relates to the iraq development fund. It has no bearing on the purchase of iraqi dinar by speculators whatsoever. EO 13303 was frequently quoted back in 2010-12 as protection for speculators here in the States, but that false teaching has been thoroughly debunked over the years. There is no stated or implied currency protection in EO 13303 for the dinar buyer. That is simply not true. It's much like how the Kuwait situation was used for years to draw in new dinar buyers before it was thoroughly debunked. Let's move forward past the the fallacies of the past and the gurus, who hoodwinked many of us with outright false statements that sounded good to our uninformed ears at the time.

• Downvote 1

Personally I do not care what the bankers or anyone things of me. (suprised?)

IMO the bankers live in a BOX..they are not capable of thinking outside that box of what they have been told is the way things are.

The Banksters Live In A Litter Box - And Ms Kitty Intends To Bury Them ! :o

:D:D:D

• Upvote 3

Synopsis, EO 13303 applies only to US business interests in the petroleum industries, especially as it relates to the iraq development fund. It has no bearing on the purchase of iraqi dinar by speculators whatsoever. EO 13303 was frequently quoted back in 2010-12 as protection for speculators here in the States, but that false teaching has been thoroughly debunked over the years. There is no stated or implied currency protection in EO 13303 for the dinar buyer. That is simply not true. It's much like how the Kuwait situation was used for years to draw in new dinar buyers before it was thoroughly debunked. Let's move forward past the the fallacies of the past and the gurus, who hoodwinked many of us with outright false statements that sounded good to our uninformed ears at the time.

I bolded in your post what appears to be contradictions to statements in EO 13303.  For the first bold, Section 3 says:

Sec. 3. For the purposes of this order:

(a.) The term ‘‘person’’ means an individual or entity;

(b.) The term ‘‘entity’’ means a partnership, association, trust, joint venture, corporation, group, subgroup, or other organization;

(c.) The term ‘‘United States person’’ means any United States citizen, permanent resident alien, entity organized under the laws of the United States or any jurisdiction within the United States (including foreign branches), or any person in the United States;

(d.) The term ‘‘Iraqi petroleum and petroleum products’’ means any petroleum, petroleum products, or natural gas originating in Iraq, including any Iraqi-origin oil inventories, wherever located; and

(e.) The term ‘‘Development Fund for Iraq’’ means the fund established on or about May 22, 2003, on the books of the Central Bank of Iraq, by the Administrator of the Coalition Provisional Authority responsible for the temporary governance of Iraq and all accounts held for the fund or for the Central Bank of Iraq in the name of the fund.

Although the EO 13303 applies to US business interests in the petroleum industry, EO 13303 also applies to United States Citizens (like myself and other Iraqi Dinar investors) as well.  There should be no longer any questions of who or what EO 13303 applies to based on the very plain language of EO 13303.

For the second item I bolded in your post, I'll repost Section 1:

Section 1. Unless licensed or otherwise authorized pursuant to this order, any attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other judicial process is prohibited, and shall be deemed null and void, with respect to the following:

(a.) the Development Fund for Iraq, and

(b.) all Iraqi petroleum and petroleum products, and interests therein, and proceeds, obligations, or any financial instruments of any nature whatsoever arising from or related to the sale or marketing thereof, and interests therein, in which any foreign country or a national thereof has any interest, that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of United States persons.

Although the Iraqi Dinar or purchases of the Iraqi Dinar by speculators of US citizenship is not mentioned in EO 13303, I can not imagine that the Iraqi Dinar is not a financial instrument.

Here again, I am sharing my own research before I made the one time period exchange of USD to IQD.  This is all I intent to do for exchange purposes before, and I believe it will happen, the IQD revalues to a very significant return.  I do not care whether somebody or somebodies touted EO 13303 as justification for purchasing IQD.  I did my own research into the viability of the potential returns and the protection I would have against confiscation of my IQD.  Although the IQD is not specifically mentioned in Section 1 of EO 13303, the beginning of Section 1 does mention general provisions to prevent adverse consequences to holding IQD.

Each person should take the time and make the effort to discover the viability or inviability of any decision.  I chose to do my thinking up front.  Again, EO 13303 is only one piece to my decision.  Whether my decision to exchange IQD for USD to realize some future benefit remains to be seen.  I knew this could be a relatively short term investment or take quite some time.  Based on my circumstances, I was geared to a more long term investment.

Whether people have so called debunked EO 13303 or not may be a mute point since EO 13303 was terminated on May 27, 2014.  Here is the link:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj5jtua6dbKAhUG1mMKHe5BBKQQFgg9MAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.whitehouse.gov%2Fthe-press-office%2F2014%2F05%2F27%2Fexecutive-order-ending-immunities-granted-development-fund-iraq-and-cert&usg=AFQjCNEa9dB0EoUjAh_PKyLn0uQRo86ZWg

Doesn't matter to me whether EO 13303 is in effect today or not.  It was in effect when I exchanged my USD for IQD.  The EO 13303 is one piece that gives me significant confidence that my decision to exchange USD to IQD at the time was a legitimate decision.

All told, I am not making these statements to support inviably EO 13303.  I am only sharing a part of my decision process for exchanging USD for IQD.

• Upvote 3

All I'm trying to say is that since 2011, EO 13303 has been thoroughly debated and researched, and the prevailing wind of understanding is that it does not provide any protection for overseas dinar speculators, but, as you said, Obama never re-upped EO 13303 so it's a mote point. Now if you want to get a startling look at our real lack of protection, thoroughly read the CBI's bank laws. There is so much wording in there that gives them a legal way to not honor our dinar if it came to a redenomination, which in my opinion, is the greatest danger we face with the dinar. That, and of course if the currency exchangers in America all dry up or refuse to exchange dinar for dollars.

Blue,

When all one can see is RED..................they don't even think or look for way's to get in the BLACK. Companies/Business's usually fold early on using this formula. If you know someone like this and they ask you to invest in a venture with them...................................RUN FORREST RUN !!!!!!  It won't end pretty.

• Upvote 3

GM DV ! I had to take a break just too many things coming at me. That's what I would suggest for anyone that has too much on their plate. I really don't understand why people get so frustrated with this debenture......because for me it's a one time Lotto Ticket and the ticket only expires when the game changes. The CBI is in control and if they want to pull off a massive RV they could do so and pay it off with the oil proceeds as the price of oil rises. Oil will rise again ! I'm invested in oil and I wait , it's no different with the dinar because the reality is that it is tied to the petro dollar as well. So everyone have a great day because I don't have time for negativity.  :)

• Upvote 6

• 5 months later...