Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Time Frame (Approx)

NoviceInvestor

With everything you list above Synopsis, we are looking at another 11 more yrs, thats if those yard birds can find the right  mechanism .

I hope we do not have to wait another 11 years for the IQD to revalue.  My opinion of the things that need to be completed as well as the near term completion of these items is based on the news articles out of Iraq that I have read.  It seems to make sense that some things need to be addressed to remove corruption and for Iraq to assert their sovereignty for a stable currency value.  There have been positive indications of late on the speed of completing the necessary items.

• Upvote 1

Same caz as always. Your opinion never changes. Your attacks never cease. You never offer your own evaluation of the dinar situation, only ridicule others who aren't in marchstep. I have always questioned your motives here. Too much shill-like behavior to suit me. Now before you misquote me, I said shill-LIKE behavior. Tons of posters have called for your opinions on the future of the dinar but I have never read one response from you pertaining to that question. You got into a two page name-calling shrill diatribe with Social down below but never ONE time gave any answers to his questions on how, at this time, the CBI could RV the dinar. Very shill-like behavior if you ask me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Well, caz, what's your financial plan? Share your immense wisdom with us. I bet its hold until it RV's or until it folds and you lose your entire investment. You seem to only have that strategy in your head. No in-betweens. Just hold for the next 20 years until they demonitize what you bought. That's DB's strategy, but now he's all depressed because it ain't working out like he thougnt. You need to quit harping on lobsters so much. At least they offer alternative strategies to the ever so boring "Go RV". Isn't it funny how you don't hear that very much anymore. Is the dinar a failure? Not yet it ain't, but it sure has changed in the last 6 years hasn't it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Auntiem,

Thankfully unlike yourself..................I don't dwell on my losses. And your right I will hang on to my Dinar till it becomes tradeable and thensome  if I feel it's in my best interest, you do what's best for you. And if that's selling all but a 25k note..............good for u. As I've stated many times I'm vested in many ventures not just Dinar,won on majority & had my losses..............nothing unlike anyone else. I'm not depressed at all................sorry that disappoints ya. I believe and have stated this numerous times as well, one should never take ANY advise from an online cartoon character (myself included). Find someone you trust (by all means NOT here!!!), due your homework and make your own decision.....................and live with it. Don't blame others, that's the easy way out. 

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 2

Antie, with respect…….

In post #50 on this thread you stated:

“It's me viewing from my own version of reality with the dinar. It may not be your view, probably isn't, but that's okay. We all have our own ideas about how, or when or if, the dinar will ever pop. I had reached a point of frustration where it just made sense to me to sell off all but about 25% of my holdings. I feel so much better now. I'm still in it for a revalue, but at a much lower level to my own investment risk. Everyone is different in this. I am not endorsing what I did for you or any other dinar holder. We each make these decisions for ourselves.”

Then in post #63 you state:

“what's your financial plan? Share your immense wisdom with us. I bet its hold until it RV's or until it folds and you lose your entire investment. You seem to only have that strategy in your head. No in-betweens. Just hold for the next 20 years until they demonitize what you bought. That's XXXX strategy, but now he's all depressed because it ain't working out like he thougnt”

This last quote indicates you see no chance of a revaluation while the previous one states you have lost faith and sold 75% of your holdings.  You seem to be exhibiting a bit of a split personality here.  If you really believe what you last posted you probably need to be sent to the pot !......JMO as always

• Upvote 5

I get negative when I have to deal with shill-like characters like MtGoat and caz. I would expect that by now, any thinking dinar holder would have made some revaluation strategy changes. Over the last seven years since the peg was set at 1166, it never RVed even once, to make us all millionaires, despite an absolute avalanche of "GO RV" spouting each and every day since 2008. Coors, haven't you done your share of reevaluating on this investment? Only the gurus and their shills continue that mind numbing mantra of "Go RV". But of course, they are making money, so why not. Are you making money, COORS? So, while I no longer believe my dinars will RV to 1 to 1, as I did in 2012, I still am not willing to sell the rest until iraq shuts the door. In my opinion, if you are not rethinking how to make money on this investment, you're not living in the same reality I'm living in. Does that make me a lobster? Plenty of people post just like me and they aren't accused of being a lobster, so why are you targeting me, Coors? Are you a golfing buddy of caz?

• Downvote 3

You ask:

1………..”so why are you targeting me?”

Considering that you have expressed two different opinions, and I was wondering what you really thought?.......if you believe that is targeting then you are either paranoid or super sensitive.

2………….“Are you a golfing buddy of caz?”

Don’t know Caz, and I suck at golf !

3…………..“Coors, haven't you done your share of reevaluating on this investment?”

Nope, I bought what I did knowing what I was getting into.  No emotion in investing if you want to make sound choices.  Bought only what I could afford to lose and placed it in a few safe places. 

4…………..“Are you making money, COORS?”

I make money every day using many methods.  IQD is a buy and hold venture.  I am very happy with my present situation.

5………. “In my opinion, if you are not rethinking how to make money on this investment, you're not living in the same reality I'm living in.”

What’s to rethink?  What can you change that will allow you to profit with the IQD at this moment in time? 

This is a buy and hold investment, always has been………if you believe in any investment, you buy ………….if you lose faith, you sell…………..this same concept works with any investment.

And………………..we may just  live in different realities..

BTW…………you have used the word shill several times…..is this really what think of other members here on DV?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

shill

SHil/Submit

NORTH AMERICANinformal

noun

an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I doubt that definition applies to anyone here on DV……….

I personally would replace that term you like to use with “believer”……..the majority of the people here “believe” that perhaps someday the IQD will have a greater value………

and before you go “there” about the “believer”  mention…….my Christian beliefs mirror those I have seen you post on other threads………

as always…… JMO

• Upvote 5

Interesting response, Coors. Are you a lawyer by any chance? You say you don't need to reevaluate because you view this as a buy and hold investment. What does that mean? Are you going to hold indefinitely, no matter how grim the situation gets over there? You sound exactly like DB. He says he will never sell. Ever. I've never had an investment strategy that doesn't have a bottom to it. Must be a new kind of thing. You say that you can't believe there would be shills here on DV. That's very naive of you, Coors. You say I'very presented two different investment strategies. I haven't changed my dinar strategy except to reduce my exposure. Most investors will do the same thing when confronted with a negative downturn in the markets. Like I said before, what I did was my decision. It may well not fit anyone else's strategy and that's just fine with me, but I'd bet a Zimbabwe dollar that you haven't bought any more dinar in quite a while. And if you haven't bought any more for awhile it's probably because you have reevaluated this thing, and it's not so rosey looking anymore. Just a guess.

• Downvote 3

Coorslite 21 - Sorry I could only give you one plus for each of your posts.

For those interested, I will share my thoughts and experience.  Before I bought my IQD, I, too, did some research.  Is this thing a hoax?  What am I getting in to?  Is it really going to be worth it?  If it is worth it, when will it be worth anything?

If currency is actually exchanged as currency, then (IMO) it has to be real and not counterfeit.  If it was counterfeit, the dealers in the US and elsewhere would have been shut down a long time ago.  To me, if currency is exchanged and then the same currency is exchanged back to the original currency, it has to be real.  Otherwise, the exchange would have been shut down and the people engaged brought up on criminal charges for counterfeiting or fraud of some sort.

The IQD took a huge devaluation as a response to Saddam Hussein's actions.  The question is, "Will the IQD revalue in relation to the USD at some beneficial level to me?"  That is a harder question to answer but, in my opinion, has supporting grounds for the affirmative.  One key issue, for me, is the value of the IQD in relation to other countries for trade purposes.  I can't imagine Iraq having a relatively worthless currency long term when Iraq has one basic commodity to export/sell (oil).  Unemployment, inflation, and other ails would plague the country.  Obviously, many of these ails exist in Iraq now but likely are winding down and would be addressed with a stable country and a revalued currency.  Hence, the need for the reforms, the ability to implement the reforms, cleaning up the corruption, etc. - many of which are happening at an accelerated rate as of late.

The when question is also a difficult question.  I have been in this speculative investment for about half as long as the longest veterans and bought my entire IQD holding at that time over approximately 4 months.  I have not bought any more IQD and I have not sold any of my IQD.  I do not intend to buy any more IQD and I certainly am not going to sell any of my IQD.  Being cautious and skeptical, I held back and watched for quite some time before I considered more of what was offered through DV.  The quality of the information from many of the DV members is superb as well as the advise offered.  The DV staff, administrators, and moderators have been here for some time with little changeover and a consistent message.  The key thing I knew could take a long time before the IQD would revalue is accomplishing key internal reforms, Iraq experiencing a reasonably stable society, and fluid and transparent interaction with other trading partners to include an international currency.  This process has taken longer than I really wanted but would not have changed my decision to purchase the IQD when I did if I knew I was going to have to wait this long.  I may have to wait a little or much longer.  No problem, nothing different now, this is a speculative investment.

I am not a shill.  I do believe, however, the IQD I hold will have a much greater value relative to the USD at some point.  I am more inclined to think sooner (I could be wrong) than later due to the events occurring in Iraq today.  I have told very, very few people about my IQD investment.  You can probably count the number of people who know about my investing in the IQD on one hand.  Only one other knows how much (and she, quite frankly, thinks I am nuts - her tune will change, I can assure you!).

I know zero other people here in the DV community but I am very thankful for the articles, advice, perspectives, and the humor.  Nobody knows when the IQD will be of great benefit or when.  I suspect they, as well as myself, try to piece information and advise together to make plans for the future.  I suspect I will see other folks I know post IQD who made the same investment I did but did not tell anyone, either.

Just my two cents.

• Upvote 5

Great card, Snowglobe! Also great synopsis by Synopsis. Pardon the play on words. As I said before, my reevaluation was based on my own research and my own experience. My decision to reduce my exposure was the right thing to do FOR ME. Every dinarian makes their own mind up. But I'm simply saying that just because a poster voices an alternative pathway to making money on the dinar, doesn't make him a lobster. I have been in two banks this week, and in both I had interactions with the bankers, not the tellers. Both times I was doing financial account closings and had to discuss the dinar situation. Both bankers were extremely bitter towards dinar holders, who said in their own words, we're driving them crazy with the RV exchange issues. Both bankers thought the dinar was a scam. Period. That's how the outside world views us, people. They think we're idiots. I wonder how the folks at the CBI feel about us? Ever wonder about that?

• Downvote 2

Personally I do not care what the bankers or anyone things of me. (suprised?)

IMO the bankers live in a BOX..they are not capable of thinking outside that box of what they have been told is the way things are. Now, Please so not get me wrong, I have friends up very high in banking and I have discussed this with them. they all believe that until something happens it is an IMPOSSIBILITY.  But once it happens they will all say they knew it would happen....yup they all laugh and agree this will be the situation. Bankers do not want to waste their time with what ifs....

• Upvote 4

Antietam - I did think initially about the impact of USD going to Iraq based on my purchase of IQD in the US. The concern I had was the USD would be used for terrorist or other nefarious endeavors. In a way, I thought the US Executive Orders were a means to prevent the USD and other Iraq monetary resources to be used for criminal practices. I was thinking Iraq needed a regular infusion of USD to cover legitimate national expenses in the short term. Little did I know at the time the corrupt things Maliki and associates were going to do to abscond the CBI funds to line their own pockets. I am glad I knew about EO 13303 that protects the funds of Iraq. By the way, before the revaluation, I am looking for these Maliki and associates absconded funds to be returned to Iraq. We do see articles to this effect coming from Iraq. I believe there are several complex factors regarding the IQD and it's use internal and external to Iraq relating to how and when the CBI will revalue the IQD and the exchange rates shown on the CBI web site. I find it interesting that the Australian Dollar exchange rate was added to the CBI exchange rates (right above the other exchange rate listing) not too long ago.

Just my thoughts.

• Upvote 1

My brother, I think you are way over-evaluating this mess. Yes, Maliki was a corrupt government official, but then, most of them are. No, I don't think you will ever see a dime of Maliki 's stolen funds ever returned to the coffers of the country. EO 13303 has been grossly misquoted, mainly by gurus, to confabulate some connection to dinar speculators. It doesn't. It only protects outside business investors in the petroleum industries. I've read the Order many times. Alot of people have read alot into many iraqi factors which they felt would lead to the big RV. It never did. Same old 1166 (1180 now) since 2009. All the thousands of speculations, rumors, intel, guru blatherings, etc, etc, etc has led to exactly one thing...NOTHING! Now if I had a nickel for every RV prediction over the last seven years, then I would be a millionaire! But hot air doesn't move the world's financial sectors, and I see nothing in the near future thats going to move the dinar in a money making way. Time will tell.

• Downvote 1