Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Old Pre-war IQD Exchange Rate Not Officially Cancelled.

Luigi1

12-14-2015   Intel/Newshound Guru Mnt Goat   Article quote:  “The Iraqi dinar’s exchange rate was equal to $3.3 before the outbreak of the Iran-Iraq War..."  ...today’s article from Tamami is...informative. It is a GOLDEN NUGGET for us...she tells us the old rate of $3.30 is no longer used for any currency although it has not been officially cancelled. I think she means the old currency was downgraded due to the war and not down graded due to not being of value worth $3.30. This confirms what we already know that they fully intend to raise the value back to at least the $3.30 rate. Some say it’s $3.22 but...You get the point.   ...I have been told their target is to increase the demand for the Iraqi dinar over the US dollar by increasing the value of the dinar. This is the initial 1:1 par value I have mentioned many times.  This is not yet the RV...The RV comes later and will be much more than this initial inflation busting adjustment. It will be $3.30+ and I am told around $4.20ish. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 8

In theory that would be great. However iraq has since printed trillions of Dinar and since diluted their currencies value any times over. Additionally about 3.30 was the amount that Saddam Hussein pegged the dinar because Kuwait had their dinar at that rate and then he went to invade them. So I don't think the 3.30 rate has much merit. Sorry to burst the bubble - that's not my intention as I would do hands flips if we all get 3.30-and a cart wheel.

Also keep in mind, Luigi often post such garbage from TNT, frank and the crew– Let's remember the source

420??????

COOOOL DUUUDE

Pretty sure I know you're referencing.:)

Didn't know they had the down south

WHAT HAPPEN TOO 5.00

Next week

Edited by Dinarian64

In theory that would be great. However iraq has since printed trillions of Dinar and since diluted their currencies value any times over. Additionally about 3.30 was the amount that Saddam Hussein pegged the dinar because Kuwait had their dinar at that rate and then he went to invade them. So I don't think the 3.30 rate has much merit. Sorry to burst the bubble - that's not my intention as I would do hands flips if we all get 3.30-and a cart wheel.

Prior to Saddam even being in control of Iraq the rate was around $ 3.00 US - so yes, it is quite possible that the rate could rate to those levels.

The Iraqi dinar was introduced in 1931, the Iraqi dinar was replaced by British pounds into being pegged to the US dollar. The Iraqi dinar was equaled to US$4.86 between 1932 and 1949 and equaled to US$2.80 between 1949 and 1971, after being devalued in 1949. As a gesture of independence in 1959, Iraq uncoupled the Iraqi Dinar officially from the Pound. But Iraqi dinar remained at equality with the pound till the currency unit of Britain was devalued in 1967 for the second time. Until December1971, 1 Iraqi Dinar equated to the value of US$ 2.80.Soon after the inflation of the United States dollar in 1973, the Iraqi Dinar valuedto US$3.39. The value of Dinar remained same till the war of Iran - Iraq. Iraq in1982 devalued the Dinar by 5%, equating it to US $ 3.22. In the earlier of 1988,the standard exchange rates Iraqi Dinar – Dollar continued to equate the Iraqi dinar 1 to US$3.22. But, with levels of the nation´s cost of living rate varying from 25 % to 50 % a year in 1985 and 1986, the real exchange rate Dinar value,was much lower-only relating to half the 1986 official rate. After the Gulf War in 1991, because of UN sanctions, the formerly used Swiss printing was no more offered. A fresh, lower quality notes issue was created. Because of the issues such as sanctions against Iraq by the United States and the extreme government publishing of the new notes matters, the dinar devalued rapidly, and in late 1995, 3,000 dinars equated to US $1. In October 2003, the official Dinar value was 1 ID = US$ 0.00027. In August, 2005 the official value of dinar - dollar exchange rates became 1 ID to US$0.00068. On January 1st, the rates fluctuated to the value of 1 ID = US$ 0.00068.The values further changed and become 1ID = US$ 0.00067 on January 1st 2006. Under the rule of Saddam Hussein, Iraq experienced big political and economical changes. The new government however encourages foreign investments and aims to build its new monetary system. Thus, the value of exchange rate Dinar is expected to get increased rapidly. Prepared with many safety features making the currency incredibly hard to counterfeit, each new note was created in the U.S. Empire by De La Rue, the biggest professional protection and anti-forgery paper maker on the globe. The new currency was released in volumes of 50, 250, 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000and 25,000 dinars and is portrayed with pictures of Iraqs lifestyle and pre-Saddam record. Many economists say that the Iraqi Dinar has the potential to increase its value in the future.