Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kaperoni - For The First Time In A Long Time, Iraq Has A Clear Goal For Monetary Policy - This Is Rather Exciting !

DinarThug

CNN. Broadcasting In Closed Captioning - Also Available With Mimes !

12-1-2015   Newshound Guru Enorrste   ...the CBI plan is two-fold:  

first to reduce the paper count from 4 billion notes to 1 billion notes: and second to reduce the total money supply from 40 trillion dinars to 40 billion dinars. The introduction of the larger 50k and 100k notes in itself only deals with the first objective, reducing the paper count.  

However, this alone would not reduce the paper from 4 billion pieces to 1 billion.  At most it might reduce them from 4 billion to 2 billion, and probably not even that much since there are also the 1000, 5,000, and 10000 dinar notes in circulation.  

Therefore, in addition to the even exchange (two 25k notes for one 50k note, for instance), the CBI will also be reducing the circulation even farther by removing 25k notes directly from the market.

12-1-2015   Newshound Guru Enorrste   This will reduce the total value of the money supply from 40 trillion dinars to 40 billion dinars over time.  

In the process of reducing the value of the money supply the value of an individual dinar rises.  

It is this rise that will increase demand for dinars as opposed to dollars.  

The savy Iraqi will see that, over time, he gets "more bang for his dinar" than he does for his buck. 

It is through this second method that the CBI will raise the value of the dinar.  

The introduction of the 50k note in and of itself has no affect on the value of the dinar... 

It is only the second action, a further reduction in paper and value of the total money supply, that will raise the value of the dinar and through that process reduce the demand for dollars 

As the demand for dollars is reduced the reserves of Iraq are made more secure, 

which will also help support the rising value of the dinar

12-2-2015   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   "new exchange rate from CBI"  [Is this how they are working toward getting within the 2% spread?]   

Since 1182 + commission is the new official rate, 1214 market rate is at or about 2%. 

12-2-2015   Newshound Guru Kaperoni  Article quote:  "He stressed that the central bank «being reviewed in accordance with international standards."  

Which means they are working with the CBI to get them into compliance (Article VIII). 

It does not get really any clearer.  There is no reason not to believe that over the next few months that the CBI will achieve compliance. 

The IMF and the world's best financial people will help the CBI.  

So despite what we all might think of Allaq,getting the banking system open and the dinar in Article VIII is now a priority. 

I think we all can agree, for the first time in a long time, Iraq has a clear goal for monetary policy. 

We just have to wait and watch.  For someone like me who has been in this and watched lots of ups and downs, this is rather exciting.

• Upvote 4

So DT what do you have planned for your 10,000 posts party!  :eyebrows:

I Might Have 'A Drink' Since This Investment Is Taking So Long That I'm Almost Catching Up To Umbertino And SandFly ! :o

1439740175950a28_m.jpg

:D      :D      :D

• Upvote 3

I Might Have 'A Drink' Since This Investment Is Taking So Long That I'm Almost Catching Up To Umbertino And SandFly ! :o

1439740175950a28_m.jpg

:D:D:D

CLOWN THAT IS SOMETHING I GOT TO DO

FIRST ROUND IS ON ME BRO ! ;)

AND SINCE HE DOESN'T DRINK - UMBERTINO CAN BE OUR DESIGNATED DRIVER !

AT LEAST U KNOW THAT HE'LL BE PLAYIN' SOME REALLY CHILL TUNES ! B)

• Upvote 1

Here's An Update From Kap ...

12-3-2015   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   "CBI Currency auction 12/3/2015"   Today's auction was only $2 million sold at 1166/$1.  Normal auctions have been $170 million or more.  Something is clearly going on... 

B)    B)    B)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

54566617.jpg

god does that bring back memories sort of 

from last week

Here's An Update From Kap ...

12-3-2015   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   "CBI Currency auction 12/3/2015"   Today's auction was only $2 million sold at 1166/$1.  Normal auctions have been $170 million or more.  Something is clearly going on... 

B)     B)     B)

ron i need you, 

And Now It's An Official Clownie 10K With This Post From The 1 And Only Raging Canadian Gangsta Rap Rhymer - BJinMontreal ! :o

There was a time, many years ago,

A clown named Thug began his show.

clown_news-2801x1.jpg

He'd post a comment, a joke, a pun,

Anything really, because it was fun.

Over the years, he's reputation grew,

Those that have known him, already knew,

He's got talent, a business, yet he's just a regular guy,

And he can make you laugh, and bring tears to your eye.

I could go on and on by telling you more,

But let`s face it - he sure ain`t no Thor!

Mz7BYNoP.png

Though if you go for the makeup and pantomime look,

He may be the one to put in your little black book.

He`s such an ass-et, some are jealous of his stature.

But with success comes envy, it`s just human nature.

So this clown continues, his popularity will never fade,

He`s always ready for those trying to rain on his parade.

clown-convention06.jpg

In honor of the Thug, and his ten thousandth post,

I'd like to chime in and start the roast.

1bd6e7be0af43a9860eaed2a4aaff553.jpg

His news gathering abilities are beyond excessive,

But his tags make the news that much more impressive.

Thug, here at DV - You're one of the best!

At posting each day - you're a head above the rest.

theres-a-tall-scary-clown-terrifying-mel

As you we continue our journey towards an eventual RV,

We look for your comments and humour to see

What chat logs and satire you've brought to the table,

And put the CNN spin on, as only you are able.

I hope you dont stop though I know ten thousand is a lot,

But look at Umbertino - like how many has that dude got?

All the best my friend - we're with you til the end.

Unless you're like this dude here about to hit send!!

55609250.jpg

• Upvote 4