Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

STRYKER says that CBI say 1 IQD to 1 USD

I'm down for 1-1, the dinar is stable. Iraq is important and almost an epicenter of the Middle East. If there is any chance of hope for the Iraqi people they need to be able to prosper, that would almost eradicate lots of the turmoil in the region. Money makes the world go around and it doesn't buy poverty. If the WB, IMF and whoever else allows a RV, I can say with certainty that Iraq will have enough purchasing power to end a whole lot of it's present day problems. 1-1 BABY !............ "Right out of thin air ! "

• Upvote 1

I know it's fun to dream, but as long as the IMF and the WB and Japan are loaning BILLIONS of dollars (not dinar) to try and stabilize iraq, I can't think of a single plausible reason why those financial institutions would accept, condone, and approve a big revalue at this time. I am probably very lonely in this opinion. Maybe there is a poster out there that can clear up my muddled thinking, for surely I am missing some important fact that everyone else seems to know about, that makes a big revalue plausible at this current time.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Well it's obvious that you don't share the same views as I. Quite frankly I don't know why you are here but your negative attitude is starting to piss me off.... again. If you can't find something good to say up top............TAKE IT TO THE BOTTOM.....LIKE THE TROLLING CATFISH YOU ARE !  :butt-kicking:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

I think we all agree that a re-issue of currency without the zeros is a LOP, and that is NOT, repeat, NOT what we what. A re-issue of currency requires the old three zero notes to be EXCHANGED. This is not hard to do in iraq, but will be a nightmare for Americans. His words were, "the issue of deletion of the zeros from the currency". Can some one please explain how this statement doesn't mean a redenomination? We do NOT want a redenomination, people! And, they cannot just remove the three zeros from the decimal exchange rate, ie .00086 to .86 ( 1 to 1) because all their currency is 1000 times too much for that to happen. The market place could not function. The reduction in decimal exchange rate, .00086 must occur at the same time as the issuance of new ISO coded zeroless currency. We do NOT want that. We do NOT want a new ISO code. We want our current bills to simply increase in value. Let's hope this is just another mis-translated iraqi statement, which we have seen many times before.

Yep

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Once again you are personally attacking me, tex. I am not sure why my question, a very legitimate question, should illicit such a vitriolic response from you, unless, of course, you have no response except to belittle. That is evidence of a small mind, in my opinion, so I will ignore you as usual. So I ask again to any other poster, why would this be a good time for a revalue with all the financial institutions bailing out iraq with massive loans? This is not a negative question, it is simply a realistic one. So someone other than tex help me out with a legitimate response. I may be missing something here.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

I know it's fun to dream, but as long as the IMF and the WB and Japan are loaning BILLIONS of dollars (not dinar) to try and stabilize iraq, I can't think of a single plausible reason why those financial institutions would accept, condone, and approve a big revalue at this time. I am probably very lonely in this opinion. Maybe there is a poster out there that can clear up my muddled thinking, for surely I am missing some important fact that everyone else seems to know about, that makes a big revalue plausible at this current time.

I personally don't see anything wrong with your question. To me you are just trying to get a better understanding of what is going on in this particular article like most of do on this site. Not sure if you and Tex had an exchange on another post or something but I see nothing wrong with you wanting some clarity about something you were confused on. Hang in there.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hey, I appreciate that, Chris. I'm not sure why that other poster wants to smear me personally every time I ask a question that is based on the actual events in iraq right now, other than it somehow deflates his/her dream of instant riches, which we all pretty much agree isn't going to happen tomorrow. We all want to make money off this thing, but that doesn't mean we have to forgo our knowledge and experience in how these things work.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

No lop, people. Not at all. Remember this is a country where the government is telling the people that their currency IS at a real, pegged if you will, market rate. The majority of the people believe that. When they say they (CBI) will remove the zeros they are meaning they will essentially move the decimal to the left from where it is at the time of the RV/RI or whatever you wanna call it. So 1166 becomes $1.166. Get it. To opine, I would not be surprised to see it get to 10 cents, to 90 cents. This way they give the IQD value, while saving the difference from $1.166 - .90 = .266 worth of realized savings. As compared to coming in at $1.166. More savings if if they come in at 10 cents and a market float or combo market/managed float.

I recall a CBI article where they said based on the note count, the amount of their reserves, their amount of gold, projected oil income they could comfortably support 57 cents right now, but they keep it at the 1166 - 1200 range to rebuild their country inexpensively.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Hey, I appreciate that, Chris. I'm not sure why that other poster wants to smear me personally every time I ask a question that is based on the actual events in iraq right now, other than it somehow deflates his/her dream of instant riches, which we all pretty much agree isn't going to happen tomorrow. We all want to make money off this thing, but that doesn't mean we have to forgo our knowledge and experience in how these things work.

No Problem at all.  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

No lop, people. Not at all. Remember this is a country where the government is telling the people that their currency IS at a real, pegged if you will, market rate. The majority of the people believe that. When they say they (CBI) will remove the zeros they are meaning they will essentially move the decimal to the left from where it is at the time of the RV/RI or whatever you wanna call it. So 1166 becomes $1.166. Get it. To opine, I would not be surprised to see it get to 10 cents, to 90 cents. This way they give the IQD value, while saving the difference from $1.166 - .90 = .266 worth of realized savings. As compared to coming in at $1.166. More savings if if they come in at 10 cents and a market float or combo market/managed float.

I recall a CBI article where they said based on the note count, the amount of their reserves, their amount of gold, projected oil income they could comfortably support 57 cents right now, but they keep it at the 1166 - 1200 range to rebuild their country inexpensively.

From you to the CBI ears...Let's hope

Sounds like a good plan to me!! Keeping the faith!!  :praying:

I am in your camp too NYK. I am a 1 to 1 guy. If it came out at .10 or .05 why would anyone run to the bank and turn your USD in, worth 10 times for a dinar worth .10. Plus the people still would have to carry a pocket load of dinar to buy a gallon of milk. Am I missing something there.

• Upvote 4

I am in your camp too NYK. I am a 1 to 1 guy. If it came out at .10 or .05 why would anyone run to the bank and turn your USD in, worth 10 times for a dinar worth .10. Plus the people still would have to carry a pocket load of dinar to buy a gallon of milk. Am I missing something there.

They wouldnt be bothered with the dollars they hold they would just spend them as normal but the dinars they have would be a different story.

Their dinar would be worth 12,500 times more .......... meaning at $0.10 they would now have 12,500 times more spending power.

that is phenomenal, by any means.

• Upvote 5

Here's to possibly spending perhaps only 1/2 the winter in the FRIGID  -50 degrees + howling winds in the North Dakota Oil Patch ?  :twothumbs:   :praying: Guess, as always, we'll see  :confused2:  :soon:

Could be soon, but I wouldn't run out and sell my parka, boots and insulated coveralls just yet.

Once again you are personally attacking me, tex. I am not sure why my question, a very legitimate question, should illicit such a vitriolic response from you, unless, of course, you have no response except to belittle. That is evidence of a small mind, in my opinion, so I will ignore you as usual. So I ask again to any other poster, why would this be a good time for a revalue with all the financial institutions bailing out iraq with massive loans? This is not a negative question, it is simply a realistic one. So someone other than tex help me out with a legitimate response. I may be missing something here.

After reading the above I wonder what your definition of "belittle" is? for you had no problem providing the same. Example: small mind. Now for your bogus question(which you and other LOPster's have put forth countless of times)............you aren't looking for an answer.........you are looking to argue & belittle anyone that just might have a duffering opinion under the guise of debate/discussion. Nothing new..........it's right there in LOPster 101 (handbook for the Eeyore) chapter 1 I believe.

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1