Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Former Iraqi PM Nouri al-Maliki allegedly siphoned off $500bn in 8 years

SocalDinar

Former Iraqi PM Nouri al-Maliki allegedly siphoned off $500bn in 8 years

October 28, 2015 11:47 GMT
iraqi-prime-minister-nouri-al-maliki.jpgIraq's former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki had reportedly siphoned off $500bn during his eight-year ruleReuters

Iraq's former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki had reportedly siphoned off $500bn (£327bn) during his tenure between 2006 and 2014, it has been alleged. The Iraqi Commission of Integrity (CoI) has claimed nearly half of the government's revenues during the eight-year period had been "stolen".

What is being termed as "the greatest political corruption scandal in history", CoI's spokesperson Adil Nouri told the Iraqi parliament that as much as half a trillion dollar funds from the government's coffers have systematically disappeared during al-Maliki's tenure. Nouri said the war-torn country's oil income alone amounted to $800bn between 2006-14. He added the Maliki administration also received aid amounting to $250bn from several countries including the US in these years. The CoI has been tasked with investigating corruption scandals in Iraq.

"[Around] 600 officials including ministers, deputy ministers, advisors, general directors have been sued on grounds of corruption. There are even officials who have been sentenced to 130 years in jail," the Iraqi parliament heard from Nouri. "Former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has also been sued for corruption but there is still no solid decision or development so, he is still out of jail."

Iraq is considered as the most corrupt country in the Arab world, according to the latest Transparency International report. There were widespread protests across the country against top government authorities forcing the current Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi to take sweeping measures.

As part of his reforms, he dismissed around 123 high-ranking government ministers and officials in 2014. Meanwhile, al-Maliki, who took over as vice-president after he was expelled as premier, was also sacked in August 2015, when al-Abadi announced another set of political reforms.

In his address to the Iraqi parliament, Nouri pointed out that the defence ministry was the nerve-centre of the massive corruption scandal. He said: "There are a great number of them (ghost employees) in the ministry of interior...There are 57,000 people being paid as workers since 2007, when in fact they have not been to work a single day," according to the Kurdish news agency, Rudaw. "The ministry of defense has started carrying out some procedures to eliminate this kind of corruption. It has been decided to make everyone receive his own salary in person instead of lists."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/former-iraqi-pm-nouri-al-maliki-allegedly-siphoned-off-500bn-8-years-1526096

• Upvote 7

Listen everyone....the closer Maliki gets to wearing the bracelets or expiration, the closer we are to a revaluation. Iraq is not going to allow this crook to reap even more benefits.

Listen everyone....the closer Maliki gets to wearing the bracelets or expiration, the closer we are to a revaluation. Iraq is not going to allow this crook to reap even more benefits.

• Upvote 2

A few months ago (4-6 mos) I heard the figure of $800 billion was skimmed during Maliki's reign. Either way, what additional evidence does the Anti-corruption Police need to arrest this guy. They already have the money trail from the CBI, Iraqi banks, etc to where the cash sits in Swiss Bank Accounts and Lebanon Bank Accounts. They even busted Maliki's son I believe in Lebanon, with a private plane load of millions.

On one hand I would offer Maliki a plea deal say 30 years to life without the chance of parole for he and his adult child, provided they cough up the methods of smuggling their embezzled funds and locations of the money they have yet to find. Or try him under the penalty of death, or life in prison. On the other hand I would offer a hand full of Maliki's cronies a plea deal of 20-30 years in prison provided they sang big time on Maliki and provided proof as to how they smuggled the funds out of the country and to where the money is now. Verses life in prison without the chance of parole.

• Upvote 1

Goes to show you how stupid and greedy Maliki is, he still thinks charges won't stick and there is more money for him to steal..... he should've left the country when he could've .... Stupid and GREEDY ... I think hanging is to good for the likes of him... they should let the citizens of Iraq have at him !!! 

• Upvote 1

Kroll is working on it  :eyebrows:

Hey Snow, do you have any idea of how far along Kroll is in their investigation?   30, 40, 50 percent or almost complete?

If you're not sure then we'll have to ask Luigi and we all know where that will take us.

We'll have to start a new thread just for this.

No I do not Dwitte, I sure wish I did....all I know is they are working on it... I can not prove it so do not ask... Husband is involved with them and sells their products. What they can do is truly amazing

For those that do not know...Kroll is the company that found all Sadams money...among other things

• Upvote 5

No I do not Dwitte, I sure wish I did....all I know is they are working on it... I can not prove it so do not ask... Husband is involved with them and sells their products. What they can do is truly amazing

For those that do not know...Kroll is the company that found all Sadams money...among other things

Thanks SG I was going thru articles looking for the name Kroll.... Thanks for the info. 

A few months ago (4-6 mos) I heard the figure of $800 billion was skimmed during Maliki's reign. Either way, what additional evidence does the Anti-corruption Police need to arrest this guy. They already have the money trail from the CBI, Iraqi banks, etc to where the cash sits in Swiss Bank Accounts and Lebanon Bank Accounts. They even busted Maliki's son I believe in Lebanon, with a private plane load of millions.

On one hand I would offer Maliki a plea deal say 30 years to life without the chance of parole for he and his adult child, provided they cough up the methods of smuggling their embezzled funds and locations of the money they have yet to find. Or try him under the penalty of death, or life in prison. On the other hand I would offer a hand full of Maliki's cronies a plea deal of 20-30 years in prison provided they sang big time on Maliki and provided proof as to how they smuggled the funds out of the country and to where the money is now. Verses life in prison without the chance of parole.

your strategies are on point. However, the problem lies with Maliki's ties with Iran. Also, Iran has deep ties with Iraqi defence. If the GCC can wrestle away control from Iran I see some good things ahead for Iraq. We patiently Wait

Where's davis411 when you need him?  Maybe he could model a Kroll Thong.

I Googled "Kroll" and got a mess of info and now I'm lost.  But I'm sure one of our Members here will come up with something.

Can't wait.  I'll start with a title and you guys can bring the pics.

"The davis Kroll Bong-A-Thong"

Ready..............................GO