Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Oklahoma killed in Kirkuk

SnowGlobe7

LOL thats deffinately not OKIE! :moon-from-car: I just realized I was thinking of Okie the Oil man whom really was Lonnie Ray Richards and you were referring to this Soldier ! For those whom got confused for a second like me this is the real Okie oil man we all heard of http://okieoilmanscammer.blogspot.com/

In respect for this fine Soldier I solute you for your service to this country RIP my friend! :salute:

• Upvote 1

Coalition identifies US commando killed in raid in northern Iraq as Joshua L. Wheeler

785d2bbba5d5a62f850f6a7067003b5e.jpg

BAGHDAD –  A spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition in Iraq has identified the commando killed in a raid against the Islamic State group in northern Iraq as Master Sgt. Joshua L. Wheeler.

Army Col. Steve Warren said Friday that Wheeler, 39, was killed a day earlier when dozens of U.S. special operations troops and Iraqi forces raided a compound near the city of Kirkuk, freeing approximately 70 Iraqi prisoners from captivity.

Wheeler, a native of Roland, Oklahoma, is the first American to die in combat since the U.S. launched Operation Inherent Resolve, its campaign against the Islamic State group, last year.

The Department of Defense says Wheeler died from wounds caused by small-arms fire during the operation.

He was assigned to the U.S. Army Special Operations Command in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1