Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What Is Our Dinar Philosophy?

I have stated my dinar philosophy several times. I bought dinar years ago because friends and family members told me I'd get rich off the inevitable HUGE revalue that had to be coming. I was intrigued by the Kuwait scenario, which was the main selling point to me. I now know that Kuwait was a "straw man" used by pumpers to excite the naive (me). Other factors have held more substance for me, ie, the vast oil reserves of iraq. I am now in a far more mature place of understanding in this process, thanks in part, to the smart people on this site. I now see the dinar as a long term investment like holding onto a muni bond. I no longer feel that iraq could support a massive revalue of its currency, but I do think money can be made in the long run if iraq can re-establishment credibility in its own sovereignty. What do you think? PS. This is not lobster talk, so please don't accuse me of that.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

Your path is similar to mine.... Same visions of immediate huge returns that I justified because of the historical affects of war, and the reinstatement of the value of the currency as part of their return to their normal. But reality sits in and realize that the big RV is not realistic, but a nice return of around 300% on the investment is possible in time.

I am offended by people who believe that all options can be considered except that of a lopster.... It's just another opinion of the possible outcome, one that I consider to be the most likely. It's just as valid of opinion as any other, but someone in their Devine power has labeled it as an unacceptable discussion point. Who decided that there must be a tank for people with this opinion? Who decided to stifle this opinion?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Your path is similar to mine.... Same visions of immediate huge returns that I justified because of the historical affects of war, and the reinstatement of the value of the currency as part of their return to their normal. But reality sits in and realize that the big RV is not realistic, but a nice return of around 300% on the investment is possible in time.

I am offended by people who believe that all options can be considered except that of a lopster.... It's just another opinion of the possible outcome, one that I consider to be the most likely. It's just as valid of opinion as any other, but someone in their Devine power has labeled it as an unacceptable discussion point. Who decided that there must be a tank for people with this opinion? Who decided to stifle this opinion?

Adam Montana.  There is nothing wrong with believing a LOP is a possibility as long as you don't shove it down everyone else's throat with your every post.  If a member has an attitude like that they end up in the tank.

• Upvote 5

In reply to Tex, I can't for the life of me understand your hostile attitude towards the opinion of long term gains in the dinar. Heck, we have already experienced long term disappointment in the dinar revalue. Are you in such a complete state of denial that you cannot accept the circumstances on the ground over there? I have to think that your beliefs are what keep the pumpers flush with cash. Profits can still be made in the dinar, but in my opinion, we must now turn to a long term outlook, not an overnight revalue. I think the CBI has been extremely reluctant to even move the 1166 one pip over the last six years for reasons of their fiscal solvency. We must be open ideas of profit taking from alternative pathways, and I'm not talking LOP obviously. So don't be labeling me as a crustacean. As long as I have skin in the game, I'm certainly not a lobster!

• Upvote 5

Today: HCL and end of ISIS and Dash seems to be the Dinar Lynch Pins. For many of us we have seen major milestones accomplished while gaining major stumbling blocks over the years. Certainly it is already considered a long term investment for us that have been in this for years. As for rate on return on Investment, I think it is safe to say that they will NOT just revalue the currency back to the prewar rate of over 3 dollars.

• Upvote 4

I agree DJ...I do not think it will go from where it is now to $3 overnight......could it get there eventually ..yes but that depends on who is in charge of Iraq and that is happening in the world as well.

Could it Lop...yes....but I do not think it will...but it is a possibility...again depending on who gets in charge and what their political plan is.

I do think it could go to a penny..or even a dime overnight...but I think it would stay there for a long time....I think it may even have to float for a while before it could move substantially from there.

Hey but what do I know..I am just a cat

• Upvote 3

Very well put, I agree with ya. I think it will happen this year, but, not Big.

If it don't happen soon, there going to have a problem with lying to the people of Iraq.

Abadi better keep his word..... He better get some laws passed, put some value on the Dinar

get the economy going...... I think were going to make some money on this investment.

Ka-Ching----Ka-Ching

• Upvote 2

I agree DJ...I do not think it will go from where it is now to $3 overnight......could it get there eventually ..yes but that depends on who is in charge of Iraq and that is happening in the world as well.

Could it Lop...yes....but I do not think it will...but it is a possibility...again depending on who gets in charge and what their political plan is.

I do think it could go to a penny..or even a dime overnight...but I think it would stay there for a long time....I think it may even have to float for a while before it could move substantially from there.

Those are my feelings as well. Time will tell and I have sure learned patients and tolerance with both the Dinar and the Dong.

I had a family member approached the other day on where to buy Dinar. I text her back and gave them a name. I didn't say that this was a scam or it may be a long time before the Dinar actually changes in value. We all have to make that decision for ourselves.I have faith that we will see something happen in 2016. Wish it was sooner but then again I've been at this for awhile..

Thanks again Snow.

• Upvote 1

In reply to Tex, I can't for the life of me understand your hostile attitude towards the opinion of long term gains in the dinar. Heck, we have already experienced long term disappointment in the dinar revalue. Are you in such a complete state of denial that you cannot accept the circumstances on the ground over there? I have to think that your beliefs are what keep the pumpers flush with cash. Profits can still be made in the dinar, but in my opinion, we must now turn to a long term outlook, not an overnight revalue. I think the CBI has been extremely reluctant to even move the 1166 one pip over the last six years for reasons of their fiscal solvency. We must be open ideas of profit taking from alternative pathways, and I'm not talking LOP obviously. So don't be labeling me as a crustacean. As long as I have skin in the game, I'm certainly not a lobster!

What do you call long term Antietam, I have family and friends that have more than 11 years now, I would say that qualifies as long term. Or are you referring to an additional 10 + years from where we are now. I would suggest that you buy some Government bonds if you really want to wait and the return at maturity is guarantied. Just how much skin do you have in the dinar ??? , I would consider 10,000,000 IQD the average amount that most investors or speculators would have. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey Tex, Long term is just that......long term. It is my belief that the CBI will not endanger the extremely fragile economy or create civil unrest by doing anything to the 1166 peg for quite some time. This is just my opinion of course, but I base it on a realistic review of everything going on over there. And it's not good for an RV. The citizens are already distrustful of the Abadi government, as are the Kurds. Throwing out an arbitrary revalue amount on the dinar would have a deleterious effect on the stability of the banks and the financial sector over there at this current time. This is my opinion of course. I'm not a LOP supporter for the very same reasons. It would create too much distrust among the populance. Wait and hold. What else is there to do other than bail out, as many seem to be doing right now.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

My feelings are the same as I have stated many times previously and that is that when I was first introduced to this Dina phenomenon, I thought it was too good to be true.....  BUT, if it DID happen, I would want to be in on it.  So, I invested only what I could risk losing and that is where I have stayed..... and that was some six years ago. The money that I risked (had I NOT spent on Dinars) would most likely have been spent on things that I probably didn't need or would have forgotten what I had bought with that amount. And I still have the same Dinars and the same "hope "  that some day there just might be a value increase in my Dinar. If not? I have lost almost nothing if I pro rated my loss..... comes out to about ,maybe, $1.50 a day so far and that rate is going down every day.   And there is always that possibility that we may one day say, "thank God I held on to it."

• Upvote 3

I can appreciate your view Antietam but my view is based on the HCL and a few more of Iraq's laws " National Guard Act" . In my opinion once those laws are in place the money will flow and Iraq can ride the oil tram right back to the top because we all know that oil will rise again, that doesn't sound like instability to me. One major conflict anywhere in the world ,  could easily drive oil back to the century mark and if you got it , you are going to make a lot of money. As far as the banks they have been able to maintain a stable peg for a lot of years now , in-spite of Al Queda, ISIS, ISIL, Daash and Malaki , so I don't think they will have a problem. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Botswana, you have already told us why you can't stand any one else's viewpoint other than the big RV tomorrow. You said in your own words, "if it doesn't RV this quarter or next I will lose everything". You got a lot of sympathy from folks here at dinarvets for that candid statement. But, it reveals your intolerance to any and all other viewpojnts. You spent too much and are now in financial trouble because of it. I sympathize with you, but it doesn't mean you have the right to belittle other people's viewpoints just because of your mistake. As I reflected before, you can always sell some dinar and pay off bills. People do it all the time here. But i'm tired of yournarrow-minded bullying responses to my opinions. As the old saying goes, "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime". In your own words, your crime was over-extending yourself on the dinar. I hope it works out for you in the end.

• Upvote 3

I think it is safe to say that they will NOT just revalue the currency back to the prewar rate of over 3 dollars.

I agree DJ.

and a very nice cat too..

but, not Big.

If it don't happen soon, there going to have a problem with lying to the people of Iraq.

I think were going to make some money on this investment.

I can appreciate your view Antietam but my view is based on the HCL and a few more of Iraq's laws " National Guard Act" . In my opinion once those laws are in place the money will flow and Iraq can ride the oil tram right back to the top 

I also don't think it will go massive overnight.

Even just to 1 penny will be a profit.

My concern, is that they print a new form of currency, to help weed out the billions or trillions that ISL stole.

Otherwise there's going to be some extremely wealthy bad guys.

OK OK, I know, there already are lots of jerk rich guys, but at least most of the ones that are wealthy today have social filters, and won't spend every penny on bullets and bomb vests.

That said, I really hope I'm wrong and your are 100% right tex, that is one apology I would be ecstatic to make.

Just think of all the IQD Miliki and his goons have stashed away, every petty dictator is probably holding IQD.

In the grand scheme of things, the relatively small amount us personal investors hold will not make any one large single transaction.

But can the ISL monsters turn in 500 billion?

Even if you hold 100 mil in dinar face value, that's not very much.

• Upvote 1

I am only following up on your own words. Obviously others on this site felt the same because they showered you with sympathies. Do you not remember? All I'm saying is that whenever I present another viewpoint to making money off the dinar, you are quick to climb all over me. Whether you sold your mortgage to buy dinars is your business, not mine. I am only saying there is plenty of room for alternative philosophies concerning the dinar, and all dinar holders should evaluate each for its face value without making disparaging remarks. I haven't made a nickel off this investment so far...have you? That's my point. The dinar has remained at 1166 for six long years without a pip of change. Will it increase in value? I believe so, but over time. You believe otherwise. That's fine with me. My only beef is with the liars out there who post blatant lies of people cashing in at $3 right now. We all know those are lies, but it makes for extreme angst in people who need the RV for their financial security. I hope that clears it up for you.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Please see the Overall Community Attitude portion of the Forum Rules:

.Overall Community Attitude

• Keep in mind that DinarVets is a family, and a community.
  • Our purpose is to share, help and support others.
  • Always display a positive, friendly attitude.
  • Be respectful of others' opinions.
  • Allow your fellow members to voice their opinions.
  • DO NOT deliberately start arguments. Debates are great, as long as they remain respectful!
  • Always try to "give" back to our community. For each time you find help or answers here at DinarVets, try to help someone else out in return. You may find that what goes around comes around...
  • Give people a little time to respond to your requests. There's a lot going on in these forums and it may take a little time for people to notice and respond to your request. Please be patient.
  • DO NOT just make a negative statement and leave the person hanging out to dry. Although you may consider yourself to be an "expert" now, try to remember that we were all new and learning once upon a time. Take it easy on your fellow members!
  • Do NOT make threats or implied threats towards other members -- even if you think it's fun.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1114-updated-11232010-dinarvetscom-forum-rules/#ixzz3oyRnpD2v

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have stated my dinar philosophy several times. I bought dinar years ago because friends and family members told me I'd get rich off the inevitable HUGE revalue that had to be coming. I was intrigued by the Kuwait scenario, which was the main selling point to me. I now know that Kuwait was a "straw man" used by pumpers to excite the naive (me). Other factors have held more substance for me, ie, the vast oil reserves of iraq. I am now in a far more mature place of understanding in this process, thanks in part, to the smart people on this site. I now see the dinar as a long term investment like holding onto a muni bond. I no longer feel that iraq could support a massive revalue of its currency, but I do think money can be made in the long run if iraq can re-establishment credibility in its own sovereignty. What do you think? PS. This is not lobster talk, so please don't accuse me of that.

Hi Antietam,

Many people have invested into this currency with a shaky understanding of the realities of economics and politics.  As I read through the forums much of the reasoning behind why people believe this investment will make them money is unsound at best and sometimes factually untrue at worst.  However often in life it does not matter why you're correct, it simply matters that you are correct, and in the case of iraq, congrats...I'm supremely confident that in time we will all make a lot of money at this.  I'm currently in the midst of writing a VERY lengthy history of americas involvement in the middle east, and a history as to why militant islam has risen with such force against western interests, and eventually when I post it I will attempt to explain at great lengths why we are where we are today.  For the meanwhile however I will answer your question with the simplest answer of all.

We will all make money off of the dinar, and Iraq will succeed, simply because this is what the USA wants, I.E. it is in our strategic interests.  

Consider the following comparison of situations, Japan post-WW2, and Iraq post-invasion/Saddam.  Both were essentially enemy countries up until we decimated them, both hold strategic geographic locations for our military interests, and both are going to be (or already are) devoted allies of the USA's.  The differences between Japan and Iraq are simple, in Iraq there are many people that are actively fighting against our economic occupation, and in Japan there were none.  It took roughly a decade after WW2 for Japan to enter into the beginning phase of what is referred to as "the japanese post war economic miracle".  Where their economy skyrocketed in value, and also keep in mind this is during a period of time where "industrializing" alone was enough to trigger an economic boom, which is not the case today.  We have now been in Iraq slightly longer than that, but in economic time frames the difference between 10 years and 14 years is fairly insignificant, especially when you factor in the differences I already mentioned.  With that having been said, here is the background for the Japanese economic recovery as taken directly from the wikipedia article.

"This economic miracle was the result of Post-World War II Japan and West Germany benefiting from the Cold War. It occurred partly due to the aid and assistance of the United States, but chiefly due to the economic interventionism of the Japanese government. After World War II, the United States established a significant presence in Japan to slow the expansion of Soviet influence in the Pacific. The United States was also concerned with the growth of the economy of Japan because there was a risk after World War II that an unhappy and poor Japanese population would turn to communism and by doing so ensure that the Soviet Union would control the Pacific.

The distinguishing characteristics of the Japanese economy during the "economic miracle" years included: the cooperation of manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and banks in closely knit groups called keiretsu; the powerful enterprise unions and shuntō; good relations with government bureaucrats, and the guarantee of lifetime employment (Shūshin koyō) in big corporations and highly unionized blue-collar factories. This economic miracle was spurred mainly by Japanese economic policy, in particular through the Ministry of International Trade and Industry."

Notice anything?  If you swap out the Japanese/geographic names with Middle Eastern terms, you could essentially be reading EXACTLY what is happening right now in Iraq.  This is how you know we will make money in the end, because this has already happened before.  Don't be disillusioned with Iraq's non-compliance with the internets "assumed timeline", many people have a hard time imagining the scale and scope of the game of nations that is being played out.  It will happen.

I hope you're right, but in five years, if there is no substantial improvement in the Iraqi situation, I will sell my dinars and move on to something else. There is nothing magical about owing dinar. It is just another country's currency. If it increases in value, we make some money. If it don't, then like any savy investor, I re-evaluate, and sell if necessary. I just hope I have someone to sell TO, five years from now!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If I thought for a second that we would all have to wait five more years before the dinar made a substantial gain, I would not be on this forum. If any of you think that way I would say that you need to get a new life or find something else to do with you time, but to come here to dinar hell for five more years, that makes me laugh ! If that's what drives you, you might as well go marry a witch and have her beat you with her broom stick across your back every night! I find this forum at DV very entertaining to say the least , Iraq will probably have all new ISO codes by then and what you have in your hands will go the way of the 50 dinar. The dinar needs value today ! It can't really get any lower. There is a war going on right now, and if the IMF,WB and USA wants to create wealth and stability, Iraq is the place to be right now, because in 5 years it will be a whole new game and a whole new war.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Iraq is not some magical unique financial entity. The GOI is subject to the same international monetary laws and procedures as everyone else. Countries have not historically revalued their currency during times of distress. Iraq is unequivocally in a time of distress. I don't think anyone would debate that point.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1