Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Secretariat of the Council of Ministers decided to wait to send the oil and gas law to parliament

yota691

Secretariat of the Council of Ministers decided to wait to send the oil and gas law to parliament

Section: Business & FinancePublished on: Today, 17:23

•  

1443957804_download-3.jpg

BAGHDAD / Sky Press: revealed the Commission on oil and energy parliamentary, Sunday, lingered on the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers to send oil and gas law to parliament for approval.

Deputy Chairman of the Committee Ali Fayad, in a press statement, said that his committee "asked the government to send oil and gas law, but the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers received we have to wait in it," adding that "the law is one of the important laws that regulate the work between the center and the region."

"The Parliament of waiting for the government to send the law for the purpose of discussion and voting on it."

The oil and gas law variant of the laws by the political blocs.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

WAIT ? Does this come s a surprise to anyone ?

How does this build Global trust when you're trying to establish the groundwork for investment when you continue to vacillate, kicking the can further down the road, delaying your own countries development ?

One can only "hope" this is more smoke.

• Upvote 1

Recently [ while doing my best to remain optimistic ], I have my concerns that although what we see appears to be moving close to the " game, set & match " for the ever elusive RV; will we see the RV in the 1st Qtr. of this fiscal year ? Or are they just going to continue to drag this thing thru the weeds in 2016 with an endless list of MUST DO's ?

• Upvote 1

The GOI is holding out for very important reasons but sooner or later they must submit to Parliament for a vote on the HCL 100% certain. The International Community to include IMF, UN, WB, WTO are all pressuring IRAQ to get all important laws enacted & implemented asap. Keeping the faith!!

• Upvote 10

Starting to look like 2016 for the HCL.

That, and everything else along with the RV . . . Like to be proven incorrect, but this is Iraq after all.

Don't put off tomorrow what you can kick down the road for 6 months, making excuses as you go.

Looks like another winter in the North Dakota Oil Patch appears more likely with every passing day. Sure hope I'm WRONG.

Thanks Yota...I love the excuse the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers gave for not sending the HCL to Parliament for approval; ''...We have to wait on it because the Law is one of the important Laws that regulate the work between the center and the regions...'' Is it me or wouldn't this be the main reason to move the damn thing to the top of the list....

• Upvote 2