Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana weekly 30 September 2015

Adam Montana

Ok, I have a serious question to you, the wise and knowledgable members here.

I want to make the most of our cash, but I don't have a lot of time to do a ton of free time.

We have 12-15k in funds to buy rice, beans, flour, etc.

I haven't started doing the math yet, but it sounds like a lot of dough. (lol)

Does anyone know of a better way to spend the money, rather than going to something like a Costco?

Like I said, I don't have a lot of time. I want to get this out to them ASAP, and if that means we don't spend the money 100% efficiently... I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over it.

What's most important right now is that we get this job done, and learn from it because we can probably do this at least once a year for some good cause or another.

Back to the question... is Costco or Sams Club a good option? Or does anyone have a better idea?

:tiphat:

Only noticed this thread today.

There are several national wholesale suppliers to restaurants, but they usually requires  registered and compliant documentation proving your standing to purchase wholesale volume discounts.

The easy method is to take advantage of one of the bulk purchase warehouses.

You won't get true wholesale distributor prices unless you can convince them to sign on in exchange for publicity for their contribution.

That should be easily enough to do, but it would require a little more in depth correspondence between ourselves.

You already have my email when I registered.

If interested shoot me a note and I can get the ball rolling.

In the mean time I'll stop by and donate.

Called Rex and spoke with a gentleman who is the export manager and actually ships goods down to Dominica quite often. He asked to send an email, this is what I sent him:

John, 

Thank you for taking the time to help us out. Currently we're looking at filling a  20x8x8  container with as items as the money will buy us. We're sitting at $15000 but are hoping to reach a goal of 20k. The container will be shipped out of Miami.

Currently we're looking at the following items:

Dry Beans
Rice
Flour
Cooking Oils
Diapers
femcare - tampons etc
batteries of various types
toilet paper

possibly some canned goods as well.

Any information on what you can provide would be great, or as you said, pointing us in the right direction would work also.

Brian Clark

As an aside, I brought up the batteries and toilet paper because they were two of the most requested items when I helped with the recovery effort in Cedar Rapids Iowa during the 500 year flood, if any of you guys remember that. 

Edited by Nuki
  • Upvote 1

Check for a wholesale distributor in the area you're shipping out of for the things you want and let them know what it is for.  I'll bet they'd love to help out. You'd could also contact Sam's and Costco and let them know what you are doing and see if they'd add to the discount. You never know unless you ask. :twothumbs:

We have a Walmart distribution  center in LaGrange Georgia. Walmart is continuously funding projects like this one. Call corporate headquarters. 

Doug McMillon - President and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

corporate.walmart.com/our-story/leadership/executive-management/doug-mcmillon/

Doug McMillon is the president and chief executive officer of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Walmart). As CEO, Doug leads a strong management team that is working to ...

doug mcmillon elected new chief executive officer of wal-mart stores ...

news.walmart.com/news-archive/2013/11/25/doug-mcmillon-elected-new-chief-executive-officer-of-wal-mart-stores-inc

Nov 25, 2013 ... The company plans to make an announcement on McMillon's successor as CEO of WalmartInternational by the end of the fiscal year.

5 Things You Need to Know About Walmart's New CEO - ABC News

abcnews.go.com/Business/things-walmarts-ceo/story?id=21003287

Nov 25, 2013 ... 1 from his current post as president and CEO of Walmart International, overseeing more than 6,300 stores and 823,000 workers in 26 countries ..

• Upvote 2

Only noticed this thread today.

There are several national wholesale suppliers to restaurants, but they usually requires  registered and compliant documentation proving your standing to purchase wholesale volume discounts.

The easy method is to take advantage of one of the bulk purchase warehouses.

You won't get true wholesale distributor prices unless you can convince them to sign on in exchange for publicity for their contribution.

That should be easily enough to do, but it would require a little more in depth correspondence between ourselves.

You already have my email when I registered.

If interested shoot me a note and I can get the ball rolling.

In the mean time I'll stop by and donate.

Thank you for your promise to contribute. Every penny of the shipping has been paid for, so every cent you donate will go directly to the supplies that we are sending to Dominica.

This actually gives me a thought... maybe next time I do something like this, I'll pay for the shipping and just ask people to fill it up. That could eliminate some of the questions and simplify it.

:)

I  felt like that for 32 yrs. in my PE classes.  Especially with 100 5 yr olds at one time.

Oh my goodness, that would drive me insane! I volunteer at the school a few times per month and one lunch hour is more than I can handle sometimes! 

That you needed your wine opened for you??? :eyebrows:

:lol:

Costco has been pretty good about donating to some of my programs in the past, as has Sams and Walmart. Have you asked them if they can top off any extra room with items perhaps they might donate on top of what you are purchasing to put in the container?

I haven't actually. I'm currently on hold working on the other parts of this deal. 

If you wouldn't mind calling for us (them), it would be greatly appreciated!

We have a Walmart distribution  center in LaGrange Georgia. Walmart is continuously funding projects like this one. Call corporate headquarters. 

Doug McMillon - President and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

corporate.walmart.com/our-story/leadership/executive-management/doug-mcmillon/

Doug McMillon is the president and chief executive officer of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Walmart). As CEO, Doug leads a strong management team that is working to ...

doug mcmillon elected new chief executive officer of wal-mart stores ...

news.walmart.com/news-archive/2013/11/25/doug-mcmillon-elected-new-chief-executive-officer-of-wal-mart-stores-inc

Nov 25, 2013 ... The company plans to make an announcement on McMillon's successor as CEO of WalmartInternational by the end of the fiscal year.

5 Things You Need to Know About Walmart's New CEO - ABC News

abcnews.go.com/Business/things-walmarts-ceo/story?id=21003287

Nov 25, 2013 ... 1 from his current post as president and CEO of Walmart International, overseeing more than 6,300 stores and 823,000 workers in 26 countries ..

We are shipping out of Miami on this project. If you are willing to pick up the phone and get something done for us, I would like to personally thank you! It's the EFFORT of all of us that is making this such a great success!

Called Rex and spoke with a gentleman who is the export manager and actually ships goods down to Dominica quite often. He asked to send an email, this is what I sent him:

John, 

Thank you for taking the time to help us out. Currently we're looking at filling a  20x8x8  container with as items as the money will buy us. We're sitting at $15000 but are hoping to reach a goal of 20k. The container will be shipped out of Miami.

Currently we're looking at the following items:

Dry Beans
Rice
Flour
Cooking Oils
Diapers
femcare - tampons etc
batteries of various types
toilet paper

possibly some canned goods as well.

Any information on what you can provide would be great, or as you said, pointing us in the right direction would work also.

Brian Clark

As an aside, I brought up the batteries and toilet paper because they were two of the most requested items when I helped with the recovery effort in Cedar Rapids Iowa during the 500 year flood, if any of you guys remember that. 

Hey Brian, thank you SO MUCH for your effort here! I hope you get a positive response - please send it to me personally at VIP@dinarvets.com either way.

Toilet paper I 100% agree is a good idea. I haven't been this personally involved in a relief effort like this, but I will trust you that batteries are needed. The churches I've spoken to hadn't mentioned batteries, but I understand that they would be a good item if someone were to donate them.

The most important thing is that everything in the container is "non-perishable".

Oh - I will add up the donations again tomorrow morning and send out one final email to push for final contributions. Thank you ALL for your help, even if you couldn't donate but you picked up the phone and did some legwork or at least bumped this thread!

• Upvote 2

I only donate when my angels nudge me. So I did, (what can I say? ;) they nudged me).

I may be wading in the shallow end of the money pool here in the USA (and what our government standards classify me as high end of our poverty scale) but the way I see it......those poor individuals don't even have a toe in the water any more.

Besides, I like the way Mr. Montana communicates with us.

Hats off to you Mr. Montana.

• Upvote 4

maybe we can get others to donate light items like toilet paper, etc  

Perhaps We Can Get People To Send In Their Stacks Of 50 IQD Notes That Breitling Promoted ! :o

:D:D:D

Ok It's Time For An Unofficial Pink Piggy Contest To Bump The Thread ! :bump:

Post The Date And Time U Think That Adam Will Announce That The $20,000 Has Been Reached !

B)B)

I'll Get It Started - I'll Say Saturday At 12:10 PM ! :cigar:

• Upvote 3

Perhaps We Can Get People To Send In Their Stacks Of 50 IQD Notes That Breitling Promoted ! :o

:D :D :D

Ok It's Time For An Unofficial Pink Piggy Contest To Bump The Thread ! :bump:

Post The Date And Time U Think That Adam Will Announce That The $20,000 Has Been Reached !

B) B)

I'll Get It Started - I'll Say Saturday At 12:10 PM ! :cigar:

You already lost, it was posted earlier today.

Better luck next time!

:D

• Upvote 2

Still waiting on a reply from the guy at Rex's. If I don't have something in a few hours I will reach out to a few others that are nearby. If there is anything more I can do, let me know. In fact, let me reach out to my Phi Theta Kappa brothers and sisters and see if anyone wants to donate. 

Adam, 

Something just struck me. Have you considered a soliciting-of-any-kind-is-not-allowed or kickstarter campaign for this? So long as there is total transparency, I don't see why people wouldn't give donations, nationwide. 

Current total is.... $22,130!

I am SO PROUD to be part of this community!!!!

Still waiting on a reply from the guy at Rex's. If I don't have something in a few hours I will reach out to a few others that are nearby. If there is anything more I can do, let me know. In fact, let me reach out to my Phi Theta Kappa brothers and sisters and see if anyone wants to donate. 

Adam, 

Something just struck me. Have you considered a soliciting-of-any-kind-is-not-allowed or kickstarter campaign for this? So long as there is total transparency, I don't see why people wouldn't give donations, nationwide. 

I considered it and looked into it... decided against it on this venture because soliciting-of-any-kind-is-not-allowed charges ~9% and I figured we could hit our goal without having to pay the extra fees.

I have learned a lot during this effort, and it's possible that we will use one of those tools on the next campaign. I don't want to get in the business of asking you members for money all the time, but I'm sure something will come up in the future that the community will want to get involved in.

Looking forward to a positive reply from the people at Rex's! Either way, we have options and we are going to ship a big ol' box of goodies to the island.

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 5

I only donate when my angels nudge me. So I did, (what can I say? ;) they nudged me).

I may be wading in the shallow end of the money pool here in the USA (and what our government standards classify me as high end of our poverty scale) but the way I see it......those poor individuals don't even have a toe in the water any more.

Besides, I like the way Mr. Montana communicates with us.

Hats off to you Mr. Montana.

I second your words and thoughts here ScaryMary. I was nudged as were you even tho my funds are limited for life's necessities of which I included donating to this cause, because AM asked us to, and so I did.

• Upvote 2

Hey Adam, 

Every time I send out an email to you I get a bounce back. Feel free to email me at nuki255@yahoo.com, I want to coordinate with you and see where we're at. I have reached out to multiple vendors, it seems Rex's fell through as they aren't even picking up their phones. I found another after plenty of phone calls.

-Brian 

Hey Adam, 

Every time I send out an email to you I get a bounce back. Feel free to email me at nuki255@yahoo.com, I want to coordinate with you and see where we're at. I have reached out to multiple vendors, it seems Rex's fell through as they aren't even picking up their phones. I found another after plenty of phone calls.

-Brian 

Hey Brian,

My email is working fine - it probably has something to do with your yahoo email. See the "Whitelist" link in my signature.

Rex missed the boat by a LONG shot - we loaded the container yesterday. 

I'm working on putting together a detailed post on the progress, it may take me until tomorrow since I'm travelling today.

:tiphat:

THANK YOU for your efforts on this project! I think everyone is going to be VERY pleased with what we've accomplished so far - I know I am.

• Upvote 2