Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Barclays Says Iraq Oil Production at Risk

Freedomrules

Barclays Says Iraq Oil Production at Risk
Mais Al-Amouri and Claudia Carpenter | 28-09-2015, 10:44 AM | Iraq |

iraqoil.jpg

In a report, Barclays said disruptions in winter could pose problems for output

Iraq’s oil production is at risk for winter when “loading problems” have historically reduced output by 300,000 to 500,000 barrels of crude a day, Barclays said.

Loading facilities and the nation’s single-point mooring systems are “insufficient for the winter season,” Michael Cohen, a Barclays analyst in New York, said in a 25 September report. It wasn’t clear from the report what causes the disruptions during winter.

Shipments from Basra in the south are sometimes slowed by strong winds during the first part of the year. In April, a four-mile (6.4-kilometer) line of supertankers was waiting to load the nation’s crude.

OPEC’s second-largest crude producer has increased output this year as supplies from the south expanded even as Islamic State fighters occupied parts of the north. Iraq needs to keep increasing production because lower oil prices have curbed government revenue.

Crude output will increase by about 500,000 barrels a day to reach 4.5 million barrels a day by 2020, or 1.5 million barrels below the oil ministry’s target of 6 million barrels, according to Barclays. Production was 4.3 million barrels a day in August, the most in the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries after Saudi Arabia, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Iraqi oil exports will rise to 3.7 million barrels a day in 2016 from 3.5 million this year, Barclays said. Shipments were 3.19 million barrels in June, a fourth consecutive monthly record, according to the International Energy Agency.

Bloomberg News

- See more at: http://www.businessweekme.com/Bloomberg/newsmid/190/newsid/1188/Barclays-Says-Iraq-Oil-Production-at-Risk#sthash.LSyJXsyU.dpuf
Edited by Freedomrules
  • Upvote 1

So.......what does this article mean to lobsters? With all the other factors that actually do influence a possibility of a currency collapse, I don't believe a predicted slow down in oil sales due to lousy winter weather will amount to much. Iraq is in deep kimshi due to Sunni, ISIS, Iran, the Kurds, corruption, graft on an unprecedented level, and incompetent leadership. I will give them five years to solve their problems and slowly begin to increase the value of the dinar. After that, if the peg is still 1166, I will sell all of it (if possible in five years), and close this unfortunate chapter in my financial portfolio.

• Upvote 2

One says I bet I can pee in that jar on the other end of the bar without getting a drop on the bar.  The other lobster takes that bet and they both  put  $100  down on the table.  The 1st lopster stands up and starts to pee. He barely gets any in the jar and gets pee everywhere.  The second lopster takes the money and smiles. Meanwhile the bartender starts laughing as he cleans up the bar.   The 1st lopster has another drink and is noticeably happy.  The second lopster asks him whats so funny? You just lost a $100.  He smiles and says I just bet the bartender the same bet also and thats why he is laughing while cleaning it up.  But I also  bet the other 10 dinar holders  in the bar $100.00 each  that I could pee all over the  bar and the Bartender (who just happens to own millions of dinar) would laugh while he cleaned it up.

Edited by Freedomrules

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. (1 Timothy 6:10, NIV)

Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless. (Ecclesiastes 5:10, NIV)

Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4, NIV)

…for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. (2 Peter 2:19)

Finally, gambling provides a sense of false hope. Participants place their hope in winning, often against astronomical odds, instead of placing their hope in God. Throughout the Bible, we are constantly reminded that our hope is in God alone, not money, power, or position:

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. (Psalm 62:5, NIV)

I guess as long as all of you dinar holders confess your sins you will all be Ok

Your God laughs at people?  That seems evil to me

Edited by Freedomrules
  • Upvote 1

Come on Freedomrules I don't watch cartoon characters. The truth is I'm just hanging out waiting for God's Big Party, I'm sorry to that you haven't got your invitation to attend it yet. 

So Another question. When the Bible was written ( by men ) it references the 4 corners of the Earth many times. Correct??

That's because they thought the Earth was Flat when it was written. Correct?

How could the author ( God  ) not know that the Earth was round?

Freedomrules you amaze me with your ideology ! Everyone knows that a flat square has 4 corners ! 

• Upvote 1

Well, Freedomrules, I will miss you. I do not look forward to dying myself,, because the process of dying is stinko, whether you are a Christian or an aethist. BUT.....I have complete confidence that when I lose consciousness and pass into nothingness, I will be awakened in my spirit by the voice of Christ, calling me to meet Him in the air at the Rapture. I look forward to that experience. As for the dinar, I have to side with you concerning the diminitive chance of any kind of big RV, making everyone millionaires. I never have bought that line of thought. I'm in it for a long term slow revalue of the dinar based on stability and oil. There's not much of the first right now, but the oil ain't going anywhere. Keep the faith, my brother.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't fear death either for I have buried a multitude of faithful family and friends and it pleasures me to know that I will get to see them again someday. I've witnessed a true miracle while I was talking to God and he answered with the greatest of signs and because of that day , 20 years later I was baptized. I have no reason to lie to you Freedomrules, the Lord has always been with me even of today. I don't care if you mock me and all I ask of you is please do not mock him. If you are curious or want to know more about him I would certainly try and help. And no I do not have all of the answers but I would be happy to search them out for you, like life it is a learning experience so is he. I'm definitely not a preacher but we can learn together if you want.

• Upvote 2

Rvplease, you are a victim of Satan's propaganda concerning heaven and hell. He would love for you to believe his version of these spiritual places. I promise you that when Jesus said, "I go to prepare a place for you", He wasn't going to give everybody a harp to play. No way. Heaven is impossible to describe in human terms of understanding, just as God is impossible to describe using earthly understanding. Also, Satan would have you believe that hell is a place where you get to party hearty with Jack Daniels flowing like wine. I hate to pop that mental image for you but hell is a real place. And there won't be any parties. Even Satan will be tormented forever. You don't want to have hell as your final judgement place. These things are impossible to comprehend without the Holy Spirit's guidance, and you can only receive that by delving into to the scriptures. My suggestion is start with the gospel of John.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

How many people did God kill in the Bible?

The loving and merciful god of the bible left a fair amount of documentation about how many people he personally killed. Some of it must be intuited as the accounts don't give specific figures since the known amount of the people killed during the Flood will never or ever be known.  

However, someone provided a figure using rough estimates and a fair breakdown  and arrived at a figure of 33,041,220 people. This is a high estimate and others estimate a much lower figure of 2.8 million.

How many people did Satan kill in the bible?

It appears that Satan only killed 10 people: the seven sons and three daughters of Job. And he only does this because god allowed it as part of a bet!. Technically the blood is on god's hands for these as well.

These are some pretty big numbers of people slaughtered by God. This includes the Egyptians first born sons. ( those innocent children did not even get the chance to become Christians) I really can see why people fear God!  I would have to say that Satan is not the villain in this story.

• Downvote 1

Freedomrules, There is no doubt that God is a fearful God in the presence of sin. There are things that we cannot understand concerning how a merciful God can, at the same time, be a fearful God. Our comprehension of what "omniscience" means is limited to our human understanding. An example of this would be the concept of "eternity". When we look up at the night sky, is it really possible for us to grasp the concept that there is no ending to the universe, that the space environment goes on forever. We know there can be no "brickwall" ending the universe. So it must extend in all directions forever. Yet we cannot grasp this concept. God is eternal. No beginning, no ending. And He is a holy God, unwaivering, and unchanging. Jesus understood that we cannot get a grip on these things and that is why He said we must take things by faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. The faith of a child. Take the first step in faith. Crack open that old dusty bible you have laying around somewhere, and start reading in the book of John. Trust. He stands at the door and knocks. Open the door, my brother.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1