Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian Rial

VIZIOIRAQI

Seems to be taking baby steps in the right direction, do u think it will take any huge leaps here n there?

Set Date for Implementation of Sanctions lifted is Dec 15th and if this takes place on that date yes it will take a good jump then we shall see what the demand does from other countries that plan on building them up. Only money to be made here!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch/listen to a guy on YouTube named currency365... He posted a buncha videos (just of him talking) giving his take on the rial (along with the dinar). He is saying he likes the rial because the CBI is saying that they plan on reinstating the rial to 10 cents per 1 USD.... Then floating it to 1-1 within 6 months. Just curious if anyone has seen his posts or heard of the CBI saying they are going to be reinstating the rial after the sanctions are lifted and some type of nuclear deal is done?!?!?!?!?

I just can't see it going to 1-1 since it's worth less than iraq. I'll b happy if it reinstates to .10 but I think that's stretching it. Anyone wanna take a guess what it will bump up to after the nuclear deal is made?!?

Gixxerfrog.....I don't know much either than what I've researched on my own and shared here on this thread, but for you - check out this link here:

http://theiranproject.com/blog/2015/12/24/us-firms-eyeing-post-sanctions-iran-jobs/

I feel this currency is going to be one of those huge, big time "sleeper hits", and almost no one knows much about it or they are "politically" against it.  For whatever my opinion here is worth, these huge US Corporations are about to jump onboard to invest in Iran...... take it as a gamble and go with the flow.....I don't see this currency at all going 1 to 1.....but it would be very nice indeed, wouldn't it?  :twothumbs:

Best of luck!

Freedomwish

• Upvote 1

Gixxerfrog.....I don't know much either than what I've researched on my own and shared here on this thread, but for you - check out this link here:

http://theiranproject.com/blog/2015/12/24/us-firms-eyeing-post-sanctions-iran-jobs/

I feel this currency is going to be one of those huge, big time "sleeper hits", and almost no one knows much about it or they are "politically" against it. For whatever my opinion here is worth, these huge US Corporations are about to jump onboard to invest in Iran...... take it as a gamble and go with the flow.....I don't see this currency at all going 1 to 1.....but it would be very nice indeed, wouldn't it? :twothumbs:

Best of luck!

Freedomwish

I haven't done much research myself, work has me busy, I just saw that a few ppl taking about this and figured hey I'll get my feet wet. The more n more I read about it the more I like it. I'm surprised Adam isn't on this (like looking into this) this seems like u said a sleeper, not many ppl talking about it (not many gurus). I'm hoping for it to come out around .10 but yes a dollar would be amazing lol. I'd like to know where that currency365 guy is reading that the CBI is saying they are going to reinstate the rial, then take it to 1-1 within 6 months. This doesn't make sense to me because they don't even use the USD.

• Upvote 1

I haven't done much research myself, work has me busy, I just saw that a few ppl taking about this and figured hey I'll get my feet wet. The more n more I read about it the more I like it. I'm surprised Adam isn't on this (like looking into this) this seems like u said a sleeper, not many ppl talking about it (not many gurus). I'm hoping for it to come out around .10 but yes a dollar would be amazing lol. I'd like to know where that currency365 guy is reading that the CBI is saying they are going to reinstate the rial, then take it to 1-1 within 6 months. This doesn't make sense to me because they don't even use the USD.

Hi Gixxerfrog...  It's a moral issue for some people, myself included.  Iran is a terrorist state/regime.  Adam has already weighed in on this.  You'll have to research his posts... I alluded to this early on in this thread.

Anyone watch/listen to a guy on YouTube named currency365... He posted a buncha videos (just of him talking) giving his take on the rial (along with the dinar). He is saying he likes the rial because the CBI is saying that they plan on reinstating the rial to 10 cents per 1 USD.... Then floating it to 1-1 within 6 months. Just curious if anyone has seen his posts or heard of the CBI saying they are going to be reinstating the rial after the sanctions are lifted and some type of nuclear deal is done?!?!?!?!?

I just can't see it going to 1-1 since it's worth less than iraq. I'll b happy if it reinstates to .10 but I think that's stretching it. Anyone wanna take a guess what it will bump up to after the nuclear deal is made?!?

Before Sanctions the Rial was around 1750.00 to one dollar ! The demand will be some what high  when restrictions are lifted sometime in January . Alot of countries are bargaining with Iran and tripping over each other to make deals set for opportunities to make big bucks ! Time will tell the true story , but I do see a possibility of a even higher value than 1750.00 per dollar in the coming months end of this year !

Now as far as Iran being a terrorist state I agree this is the worst deal ever in the history of man feeding your known enemy to kill you it's like committing suicide ! I'm still even in this case not going to pass up an honest investment opportunity of a life time that can feed / help / minister to hundreds of thousands of people . The money of the Wicked is stored up for the righteous God says & thats the way I'm playing this one out .

• Upvote 1

Before Sanctions the Rial was around 1750.00 to one dollar ! The demand will be some what high  when restrictions are lifted sometime in January . Alot of countries are bargaining with Iran and tripping over each other to make deals set for opportunities to make big bucks ! Time will tell the true story , but I do see a possibility of a even higher value than 1750.00 per dollar in the coming months end of this year !

Now as far as Iran being a terrorist state I agree this is the worst deal ever in the history of man feeding your known enemy to kill you it's like committing suicide ! I'm still even in this case not going to pass up an honest investment opportunity of a life time that can feed / help / minister to hundreds of thousands of people . The money of the Wicked is stored up for the righteous God says & thats the way I'm playing this one out .

Viz... we just have different interpretations, perhaps different values.  I'm all for feeding/helping/ministering others at MY OWN expense, but not others'.   Seems a simple matter of "ends justifies the means" from your perspective.

Risking your own security is your own business... hence potential "suicide".  But risking others', mine or my family's... is aiding and abetting... that's potentially "murder".  That's complicity in my book.  Should harm come to others... I know where I stand... as I'll prefer to "err" on the side of sacrifice.  I'll find better ways to play this out, as you say.

I can only hope others will pass on such an "investment" in the true security and benevolence of others, including themselves.

Participate at YOUR OWN risk, if you can find a way.  Best luck and wisdom to you all.

• Upvote 1

Latest scoop:

SWIFT sanctions to be removed in coming days

TEHRAN, Dec. 29 (MNA) – Deputy oil minister has announced that Iran will be put back on Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) system in the next few days.

“Provided that the US will remain fully committed to JCPOA, the SWIFT will be restored offering the opportunity for economic growth,” noted Mansour Moazemi.

Pointing to the sharp decline in global oil prices, Moazemi said “in order to compensate for the loss in oil incomes, the bulk of country’s non-oil exports needs to increase from 48 billion dollars to 60 to 70 billion dollars.”

He stressed that the lifting of sanctions will offer the possibility to enlarge Iran’s non-oil exports during the post sanction period.

Moazami, who is also head of energy committee of the Tehran Chamber of Commerce, noted Iran’s capability to increase daily crude production by 500 barrels emphasizing “in six months’ time after the removal of international sanctions, the goal of increasing daily oil exports by one million barrels will be achieved.”

Deputy petroleum minister for planning and monitoring of hydrocarbon resources refuted the Western media claim that the increase in Iran’s oil exports will cause turbulence in the world market; “the bale should be put on some OPEC countries which have deployed an extra 1.8 million ballers of crude oil to the market.”

“With the sanctions relief, it would become possible to provide financial resources and technology required for oil industry projects,” maintained Moazemi concluding “we need to properly manage imports and use the sanctions removal opportunity to bring new technologies.”

By Mehr News Agency

JCPOA reference (Joint Comprehensive Plan Of Action): http://www.state.gov/e/eb/tfs/spi/iran/jcpoa/

• Upvote 2

The way I look at it is that our tax money is going to be going to Iran through this administration if it has not been already.  I just want to get my share of OUR tax money.  If this administration wants to flood other countries with money I want to get some of it myself.  I know I will never get it here at least under this administration.  

• Upvote 2

Ok....I'll just come out and say it..(sigh)..... :facepalm:

If some of you folks have been following the craziness & fiasco on the tensions between Iran, the USA and just recently the Saudis, (just Google "Iran Sanctions", click NEWS).....I guess it's best to say this rial should be put on hold - just like what the US may do on lifting the sanctions.....or probably already worse, perhaps accept it just might not happen at all.  Just throwing it out there, at this time I wouldn't go any more into it and just ride the wave out unless the heat cools down soon.....but it doesn't look like it.   :shrug:

Just my thoughts, what do you guys think?   :confused2:  I just threw in a couple of bucks for an interesting ride.....I didn't go all too crazy....

Edited by Freedomwish
  • Upvote 1

Ok....I'll just come out and say it..(sigh)..... :facepalm:

If some of you folks have been following the craziness & fiasco on the tensions between Iran, the USA and just recently the Saudis, (just Google "Iran Sanctions", click NEWS).....I guess it's best to say this rial should be put on hold - just like what the US may do on lifting the sanctions.....or probably already worse, perhaps accept it just might not happen at all.  Just throwing it out there, at this time I wouldn't go any more into it and just ride the wave out unless the heat cools down soon.....but it doesn't look like it.   :shrug:

Just my thoughts, what do you guys think?   :confused2:  I just threw in a couple of bucks for an interesting ride.....I didn't go all too crazy....

I agree and I'm not holding my breath , but I've read that Obama is going to let things slide Iran has calmed down and from the latest article i read there still talking about this month on economic sanctions being lifted.

• Upvote 1

I agree and I'm not holding my breath , but I've read that Obama is going to let things slide Iran has calmed down and from the latest article i read there still talking about this month on economic sanctions being lifted.

Yeah, just saw that.....I'd be really, really shocked after all that had happened within the last couple of weeks, that the US will lift sanctions accordingly.

I told master Yota that I'm gonna have me some whiskey shots lol :cheesehead:  

US barrels toward lifting Iran sanctions

kerryjohn1_112414getty_0.jpg?itok=qQAdQb

By Julian Hattem - 01/09/16 03:52 PM EST

The United States is steaming ahead with implementation of the nuclear deal with Iran, and appears ready to lift sanctions as soon as this month.

The final step in the years-long process could be just “days away,” according to Secretary of State John Kerry.

ADVERTISEMENT
“I think it could come, without being specific, sooner rather than later,” he told reporters at the State Department this week.

The quick pace of implementation comes despite harsh opposition from Capitol Hill, where critics have accused the administration of emboldening Iran by refusing to get tough in the face of aggressiveness from Tehran. 

The administration has failed to adequately punish Iran for a pair of ballistic missile tests, lawmakers say, setting a potentially dangerous precedent. 

Iran has also recently sent ships within 1,500 yards of a U.S. aircraft carrier traveling through international waters, and failed to protect Saudi Arabian diplomatic buildings from ransacking protesters outraged over the execution of a prominent Shiite cleric.

According to reports, the White House has backed away from an initial plan to levy new sanctions in retaliation for the missile tests, which are considered to be likely violations of United Nations sanctions.

“There was an intention — Congress had been notified or the indication was that this action was going to be taken,” House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce (R-Calif.) said this week. “And then the decision was made, after pushback from Iran, not to go forward.”

Next week, the House will vote to tie the administration’s hands, preventing it from lifting sanctions on Iranian banks unless the U.S. can certify that those banks are not involved in financing terrorism or ballistic missiles.

“The question here is one of pushback, given the violation of the U.N. sanctions,” Royce said, during a markup of the bill on Thursday.

The legislation appears dead on arrival should it reach the White House, however, which has strongly opposed efforts to dismantle or hollow out the nuclear pact.

Congressional Democrats — even those who oppose the deal — have also refused to support the legislation.

“This measure really has no chance of becoming law,” the top Democrat on the Foreign Affairs Committee, Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.), said during the markup this week. Engel is an opponent of the Iran deal, which he has said will only empower the rogue nation. 

“Congress had an opportunity to vote on the deal and we lost,” he added. “I’m afraid we’re following the same path that we’re following with the Affordable Healthcare Act. Congress has spoken and it’s done.”

In addition to the legislation hitting the House floor next week, lawmakers are also eyeing other steps to punish Iran, in a sign that the pressure on the White House isn’t letting up any time soon.

A bipartisan group of lawmakers unveiled legislation this week to force the administration’s hand by calling for “expedited” sanctions in the face of Iran’s support of terrorism or use of ballistic missiles.

The nuclear pact places limits on Iran’s ability to build a nuclear weapon in exchange for the lifting of sanctions on its oil and financial sector, which will send billions of dollars to Tehran.

Before sanctions can be lifted against Iran, international inspectors need to certify that Iran has dismantled thousands of centrifuges, reduced its stockpile of uranium and taken other steps to cut off access to a nuclear bomb.

Kerry said on Thursday that Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif had told him Iran is trying to finalize its obligations “as rapidly as possible.” 

Kerry added, “We are currently engaged ourselves in making certain that we’re prepared to move on that day.” 

The administration has insisted that the ballistic missile tests, continued imprisonment of Americans and aggressive posturing are outside the scope of the deal. The pact is meant solely to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon, supporters say — nothing more. 

But officials seem especially eager to implement the deal, which is a pillar of Obama’s legacy, and may be willing to let Iran's other behavior slide for now. 

“The administration is obviously very nervous if implementation day doesn’t come quickly something will happen that will cause the deal to collapse or unravel,” said Gary Samore, an academic at Harvard University and former arms control advisor at the White House.

Once the deal goes into effect, Samore predicted, the White House will likely carry through with the punitive measures that it has pulled back in order to see the deal implemented.

“The administration will want to show that the nuclear deal won’t provide protection for Iran’s actions for non-nuclear activities,” he said. 

The Obama administration has insisted that the nuclear accord allows for nations around the globe to beef up sanctions related to Iran’s missile programs, human rights abuses and support of terrorist groups such as Hezbollah.

But Iran has pushed back, claiming that new sanctions would violate the nuclear deal and give it cause for an about-face.

Late in December, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani ordered his government to speed up the ballistic missile program, in response to the threat of new sanctions.

“We have never negotiated regarding our defense capabilities including our missile program & will not accept any restrictions in this regard,” Rouhani said on Twitter at the time. “If US continues its illegitimate interference w/ Iran’s right to defend itself a new program will be devised to enhance missile capabilities.”

Iran has also raised concern about new legislation narrowing a program allowing people from 38 countries to enter the U.S. without a visa. New restrictions would bar people who travel to Iran from participating in that program, which Iran has warned would undermine the terms of the nuclear deal. 

The Obama administration has tried to reassure Iran, potentially through the use of a special waiver in the law.

Yet to critics of the administration, that sounds like further appeasement. Kerry “was trying to get around the law with a business exception,” House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul (R-Texas) said on Friday. “That is clearly not the intent of the bill.”

http://thehill.com/policy/international/265302-us-barrels-toward-lifting-iran-sanctions

EU: Iran Sanctions Could Be Lifted 'Soon'

98D6CD26-8573-42F1-B659-C4FF83A074EB_w64

January 11, 2016 11:51 AM

The European Union’s foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini said on Monday that sanctions on Iran could be lifted “soon.”

A multilateral agreement reached in July requires Tehran to complete multiple steps regarding its nuclear program before several international sanctions are removed. There is no fixed date for the milestone.  

The deal intended to keep Iran from developing nuclear weapons. It allows the country to use certain nuclear technologies for peaceful purposes, however.

At a news conference in Prague, Mogherini told reporters the so-called “Implementation Day” could come “rather soon.”

Secretary of State John Kerry, who participated in weeks of talks with counterparts from Iran, China, and Europe, to reach the deal in Vienna, last week said implementation could be just “days away,” if “all goes well.”

http://www.voanews.com/content/eu-iran-sanctions-could-lifted-soon/3140092.html

• Upvote 1

Oh wow, surprised to had seen this!  The challenge I still foresee is those companies and individuals who would try to open shop in Iran or try to exchange from here in the US would get hit by some hefty fine or major compliance bill.....

Well, you never know - let's see how this will play out.  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

OPEC waiting for US oil companies’ bankruptcy

11 January 2016, 19:57 (GMT+04:00)

OPEC_albom_050612.jpg

Baku, Azerbaijan, Jan. 11

By Anakhanum Khidayatova – Trend:

OPEC will cut crude production and export in order to raise oil prices, after the US companies extracting hydrocarbons go bankrupt due to the current low energy prices, said Alexander Razuvayev, economist and director of the analytical department at Russian company Alpari.

Alpari is one of the leading companies offering forex trading in Russia.

"The price war will end sooner or later,” he told Trend Jan. 11. “We can expect positive changes this year. As a result of falling oil prices, budgets are running out, shale companies go bankrupt. Those, who survive the crisis, will take the new position on the market at comfortable prices."

He said that none of the largest oil producers will be able to work at current low prices for a long time.

Razuvayev believes that the current conflict between Saudi Arabia and Iran is unlikely to impact the world oil prices.

“There won’t be a massive clash between the parties,” Razuvayev said. “Iran has just been released from the sanctions. Saudi Arabia is weaker than Iran militarily. The sides do not need a war."

He said that the threat of a conflict between Saudi Arabia and Iran is only a short-term speculative factor for the world oil market.

Relations between Saudi Arabia and Iran soured after execution of Nimr al-Nimr, a prominent Shia cleric, by the Kingdom along with other 46 people, which was followed by a strong protest from Iran.

Mass protests took place in Iran following the said execution. In particular, the Saudi embassy in the capital Tehran and the consulate in the city of Mashhad were attacked, after which Riyadh broke off diplomatic ties with Tehran on Jan. 3.

Over the past 30 years, the maximum oil price reached almost $144 per barrel of Brent in 2008. In January 2016, the oil price averaged at $32-35 per barrel.

I just caught this reading this article this either just happened or it's inside information being #leaked in this article???!!

• Upvote 1

Iran: U.S. to Lift Sanctions in a ‘Few Days’

Republicans pushing last-minute effort to block release of billions

Hassan-Rouhani3.jpg

Hassan Rouhani / AP

BY: Adam Kredo

January 12, 2016 5:00 am

As Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill focus on a last-ditch effort to prevent the Obama administration from awarding Iran $100 billion, the Islamic Republic’s leaders have stated that economic sanctions on the country will be fully lifted in the coming days.

President Hassan Rouhani, in a recent address, promised “good news” in the next few days, hinting that the Obama administration will make good on its promise to fully lift economic sanctions and provide Iran with up to $100 billion in unfrozen cash assets as part of the nuclear deal finalized last year.

Rouhani’s comments comport with recent remarks by Secretary of State John Kerry, who claimed last week that Iran is just “days away” from upholding its own end of the deal, which required it to ship certain nuclear materials to Russia.

As Iran prepares to receive the cash influx, which experts say will revive the country’s long-stalled economy, Republican lawmakers in Congress are focusing on last-minute efforts to block the Obama administration from releasing these cash assets and unraveling sanctions on individuals who have aided Tehran’s nuclear weapons program.

Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R., N.H.) along with a growing coalition of colleagues in both the House and Senate, has put forward legislation that would stop sanctions relief until the Obama administration can officially verify that Iran has ceased all work on a nuclear weapon.

The bill would require the director of national intelligence to launch an investigation into this activity and submit a report to Congress. All sanctions relief agreed to by the Obama administration would be blocked until this report is complete, according to the bill.

The lawmakers maintain that an ongoing United Nations investigation into this activity remains incomplete due to stalling efforts by Iranian hardliners who seek to keep the country’s military work a secret.

“Given the glaring deficiencies of the International Atomic Energy Agency’s (IAEA) PMD report and Iran’s continued brazen missile tests and rocket launches, Congress must take serious action to protect the American people,” Rep. Mike Pompeo (R., Kansas), a key sponsor of the House version of the bill and member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, said in a statement.

“With the impending implementation of the president’s dangerous nuclear agreement with Iran, the world’s largest state sponsor of terror, it is absolutely unacceptable that we still do not have a thorough understanding of this regime’s past weaponization efforts,” he said. “This information is critical to our ability to detect and thwart future efforts by Iran to restart its nuclear program.”

Congressional critics of the nuclear deal have repeatedly warned that Iran—designated by the United States as one of the world’s leading sponsors of terrorism—will use the newly unfrozen cash assets to fund its military operations and pursuit of ballistic missiles.

The White House still has not disclosed why it abandoned recent efforts to impose new sanctions on Iran as a result of its multiple ballistic missile tests, which violate U.N. Security Council resolutions.

Some in Congress have speculated that the administration was forced to abandon the new sanctions after Iran threatened to walk away from the deal.

Experts predict that much of the sanctions relief will help fund Iran’s military campaigns in Syria, Yemen, Iraq, and elsewhere.

“The lion’s share of the inflow of capital and technology in Iran in the post-implementation day era will go to the” Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, Iran’s leading military organization, according to Saeed Ghasseminejad, an expert at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.

That money, Ghasseminejad said, “will be used to oppose the U.S. in the Middle East and around the world.” Implementation of the deal will enrich the Revolutionary Guard Corps and give it the tools necessary to push Iran’s extremist ideology across the region, he said.

“The administration should stop acting as Rouhani’s campaign manager and instead has to focus on fighting back against the IRGC’s growing influence in the region by punishing the IRGC for its bad behavior,” Ghasseminejad said.

The State Department maintains that it is prepared to uphold up its end of the deal and lift U.S. sanctions on the day the deal is implemented.

“‎None of the sanctions specified in the [nuclear deal] will be lifted prior to Implementation Day, which will occur when the [international Atomic Energy Agency] verifies that Iran has completed its relevant nuclear steps,” said a State Department official who was not authorized to speak on record.

“All of the details of the specific actions to be taken by the U.S. and the [European Union] as it relates to the lifting of sanctions under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), as well as the timing of those actions, are spelled out in the text of the deal,” the official said.

Mark Dubowitz, Foundation for Defense of Democracies executive director and a leading expert on the deal, told the Free Beacon that “Implementation Day is no cause for celebration.”

Iran, he said, “get a patient pathway to a nuclear weapon, intercontinental ballistic missiles and an economy increasingly fortified against future sanctions pressure.”

The United States, on the other hand, gets “a brief pause in their nuclear expansion” due to the shipment on some enriched material to Russia. However, Iran “can easily regenerate” this material and expand it by turning on advanced centrifuges, which more quickly enrich nuclear materials.

“Unless a new president digs us out from under this flawed agreement, the Obama Iran deal will severely erode American deterrence and greatly expand Iranian regime power,” Dubowitz said.

Under the parameters of the deal, the United States is set to suspend most of the sanctions enacted by Congress over the past several years.

This includes the suspension of nearly all sanctions related to Iran’s banking system, its insurance industry, energy and petrochemical sectors, shipping industry, gold trade, and automotive sector, according to the deal.

The major Iranian banks and companies included in the list have long been believed to be supporting the country’s nuclear program and military.

“Other nuclear proliferation-related sanctions will also be lifted,” according to information in Annex II of the nuclear agreement.

Sanctions pertaining to Iran’s commercial airline industry also will be suspended, paving the way for U.S.-owned entities to resume legal trade with Tehran.

Sanctions on those accused of aiding Iran’s nuclear efforts also will be removed from U.S. government lists. This includes certain individuals and companies on the specially designated persons list as well as its list of foreign sanctions evaders .

Additionally, the United States has agreed to eventually remove sanctions on two individuals, Fereidoun Abbasi-Davani and Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, both accused of providing critical support to Iran’s weaponization and nuclear activities.

Experts tracking the deal estimate that after eight years only 25 percent of nearly 650 entities designated by Treasury over the past decade for their role in Iran’s nuclear and ballistic missile program will remain sanctioned.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/iran-u-s-lift-sanctions-few-days/

• Upvote 1