Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WE ARE WITNESSING A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT

i agree with machine here.  the united states has proven to be one of the most arrogant countries of modern times.  for many many years its balance of trade has remained in the negative.  I believe it was last reported in july to have been around 40T in the negative.  but the country appears to get by with continued purchasing power despite a long history of poor fiscal policy.  at first the dollar maintained its position through the gold standard but the bretton woods program destroyed this platform.  not deterred a new engenius platform was created in "dollars for oil".  and this has carried the dollar onward for decades and allowed the country to evade the practice of sound monetary and fiscal policies.  when it gets jammed up, just print more money.....don't worry about inflation and having to create a $1zillion note like zimbabwe, you simply offload your inflation onto the global community holding your money in reserves.  

the system is fully runaway.  one day though chickens must come home to roost.  who will be left paying for all of the runaway spending and immature fiscal policies?  well as we stare into the eyes of our children we are apprehensive to answer that question.

on the bright side though, that's why we are here at DV.  some only see a glorious rv while others see something more.  we know that it is best to hedge our wealth away from the usd and many of us has chosen the iraqi dinar as one hedging mechanism (there are many to choose from).  

• Upvote 1

Hey, Machine. I'm Scottish by heritage and have a great love for your country, but I am American by birth, so that makes me somewhat prejudiced towards my thinking in this world's economy. It is true that we (the US), got an advantage over the rest of the world following WW2 because we were not physically bombed into rubble. But with that said, I must take pride in the infinite ingenuity of our people, coupled with our generousity to countries outside our borders, in becoming the driving economic power of the 20-21st century. Yes, we have over-printed money to prop up the banks and industries, but in saving our economy from a depression, we most likely saved yours as well. We definitely saved Europe's butt. So I have to take some offense to your choice of words when you said the "almighty USA". We're not perfect by any sense, but we are 'a shining city on a hill" for millions of destitute people's of the world.

• Upvote 1

If you want an interesting view on the economy, watch this video. I know the guy is selling his investment paper, but his charts and graphs are mind boggling. It is rather long but very informative.

http://pro.strategicinvestment.com/NDPCOL5/PNDPR720/

Really good video, I haven't seen that one before. thanks for posting.

Hey, Machine. I'm Scottish by heritage and have a great love for your country, but I am American by birth, so that makes me somewhat prejudiced towards my thinking in this world's economy. It is true that we (the US), got an advantage over the rest of the world following WW2 because we were not physically bombed into rubble. But with that said, I must take pride in the infinite ingenuity of our people, coupled with our generousity to countries outside our borders, in becoming the driving economic power of the 20-21st century. Yes, we have over-printed money to prop up the banks and industries, but in saving our economy from a depression, we most likely saved yours as well. We definitely saved Europe's butt. So I have to take some offense to your choice of words when you said the "almighty USA". We're not perfect by any sense, but we are 'a shining city on a hill" for millions of destitute people's of the world.

Don't take offence I didn't mean it that way, yes the FED did over print and No they did not save your economy in my opinion. Were still headed for a depression I've been saying that for about 6 months now ....... only now its going to be 10 worse than what we would have suffered back in 2008, if the dollar goes down we all go with it, some at a lesser degree to others. the depression thats coming will make 1930 look like a walk in the park.

do you know how the US did so well economically out of WW2, it's because they demanded Gold as payment....... all the gold from Europe flowed towards the US ....... where is all the gold now......... your government spent it, its in China, Japan, Middle East, Europe etc.

I know the US is not perfect (far from it) just like the UK but I would not want to live there.

Like you say you are prejudiced towards the world economy, but really you should look hard at the US economy.

I can see where your coming from but there is only so much singing the national anthem, flag waving and shouting I love America one can do ...... It wont make a blind bit of difference if your government is selling you down the river while telling you everything is ok and you dont need to worry about it. 

the same thing happens here in the UK to a lesser extent ........ and we have 18 times less debt to contend with

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 3

i agree with machine here.  the united states has proven to be one of the most arrogant countries of modern times.  for many many years its balance of trade has remained in the negative.  I believe it was last reported in july to have been around 40T in the negative.  but the country appears to get by with continued purchasing power despite a long history of poor fiscal policy.  at first the dollar maintained its position through the gold standard but the bretton woods program destroyed this platform.  not deterred a new engenius platform was created in "dollars for oil".  and this has carried the dollar onward for decades and allowed the country to evade the practice of sound monetary and fiscal policies.  when it gets jammed up, just print more money.....don't worry about inflation and having to create a $1zillion note like zimbabwe, you simply offload your inflation onto the global community holding your money in reserves.  

the system is fully runaway.  one day though chickens must come home to roost.  who will be left paying for all of the runaway spending and immature fiscal policies?  well as we stare into the eyes of our children we are apprehensive to answer that question.

on the bright side though, that's why we are here at DV.  some only see a glorious rv while others see something more.  we know that it is best to hedge our wealth away from the usd and many of us has chosen the iraqi dinar as one hedging mechanism (there are many to choose from).  

Your on the same wave length as me TX, I know US policy makers and central bankers are not "stupid" people ...... I just wish they would think more about what they are doing rather than lining their pockets...... and further to that I know they realize what they do affects the rest of the planet, so by killing the US economy they're killing everyone else, seems kinda childish.

kinda like bieng the only kid with a ball and it bursts....... so you blow up the football field so nobody else can play

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 1

It's like a college football game ( not soccer). We all have our allegiances. And we all have our skeletons in the closets. No person or government has been perfect over time, and the US certainly has its stains, but I am not apologizing for my country's missteps. If I was in Greece right now, I'd have far greater concern about the future. Let's just hope that the world can get its act together before some moron thinks a nuclear solution is actually feasible. My faith is in the sovereignty of God, not man, and therefore I don't worry too much about these things. I have great respect for the Scots, love your country, and stand with you.

• Upvote 2

It's like a college football game ( not soccer). We all have our allegiances. And we all have our skeletons in the closets. No person or government has been perfect over time, and the US certainly has its stains, but I am not apologizing for my country's missteps. If I was in Greece right now, I'd have far greater concern about the future. Let's just hope that the world can get its act together before some moron thinks a nuclear solution is actually feasible. My faith is in the sovereignty of God, not man, and therefore I don't worry too much about these things. I have great respect for the Scots, love your country, and stand with you.

I hear you brother, and I would never ask someone to apologize for the past, what happened should stay in the past but we should learn from it, if we dont were destined to repeat the same mistakes.

the founding fathers of the US warned everyone of the problems of a runaway government and they built the US in a way not to make the same mistakes but somewhere along the way those wise words were forgotten.

I agree , if i was in greece i'd be on the nearest boat to anywhere.

by the way its called football not soccer lol ....... the game you guys call football was invented long after, we call it American football. :peace:  +1

------ just on a side note, war is inevitable ........ the US is currently positioning themselves for it, and from my contacts here so are a lot of other nations this side of the water

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 2

:shrug: We are witnessing a once in a life time event.

With China, Russia, Iran and the USA with a coalition of countries all in Syria,

the statement above is very apt.

Anyone care to give an outcome?????

All of those bigwig leaders are meeting up and chatting things out at the United Nations in New York City today........keeping the faith that the outcome would be fruitful for us all.  :praying:

• Upvote 1