Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana weekly Sept 10 2015

Adam Montana

How much would you donate to our "Help Dominica" fund?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose a dollar amount

• $25
    • $50
    • $100
    • $250
    • $500
    • $1000
    • $5
    • $10
    • $2500

Good morning and happy Wednesday THURSDAY!

This one will be very short, because A: Nothing has changed since last week and B: Nothing has changed since last week!

We're still waiting on movement with the HCL. It's really that simple. Once we see that happen, we're moments away from "money in the bank".

When, exactly?  :shrug:

On another topic, there has been a LOT of interest in finding a way to help out in Dominica after TS Erika. I've been working on the logistics... unfortunately, there is no real economical way to do it. I've been quoted prices everywhere from $800 to ship a small box, all the way up to $75,000 to charter a vessel with 9000 cubic feet of cargo.

I have some friends working on getting some other organizations involved, on the basis that I believe this community is capable of raising about $20,000 in capital. Please vote in the poll above so we have a better guess of what the actual number will be.

(Read full details on TS Erika and the damage to Dominica in my last update here.)

One more item of interest: I've finally been able to make some great progress on our 2nd Passport project - those of you in VIP that expressed interest will be happy to hear that we are moving forward on it as soon as next week!

:twothumbs:

And now for the weekly Q's - all two of them :D

How does his article affect the RV? Sounds like this budgets must have an HCL in order to be effective.

Confirmed the parliamentary finance committee member Majda al-Tamimi, Monday, the formation of a joint committee of all state ministries of Finance and the Parliamentary Committee for the preparation of the strategic budgets for the years "2018,2017,2016."
She said Tamimi's / scales News / that "a committee of all state ministries and the Finance Committee parliamentary meetings were held constant for the preparation of the strategic budget of the country for the years from" 2016 to 2018 ", adding that" the Joint Commission is currently studying the economic potential of the country's financial resources and rely on calculating the price of a barrel oil of $ 60 per barrel. "
She noted a member of the parliamentary finance committee that "this price is not commensurate with the current situation of low global oil prices," sanctioned to "drain the money in the war on terror and Daash needs of the displaced."
The member of the parliamentary finance committee Sarhan Ahmad stressed that "the budget deficit in 2016 will be larger than the current year deficit due to lower oil prices," and called on "the government and parliament to serious steps to hold accountable the corrupt and bring them to justice and the pursuit of the stolen money."
The "likely a member of the economic and investment commission in the House of Representatives Najiba Najib, the government will face difficulty in providing the employees' salaries over the next year," pointing out that "oil prices lead to lower revenues and the government gives priority to the fight against terrorism and the provision of services for the displaced."
Parliamentary Legal Committee and confirmed, it "will work with the financial parliamentary study on the budget next year, pointing out that it" recommended that the ministries of planning and finance the completion of the budget in 2016 and sent to Parliament before the end of the month of December next "

Support the Troops! They are still out there every day and night.

I have a couple thoughts on that. First, I was never happy with their projection of $70 per barrel. I made that clear many months ago, that I thought it was too high. I am much happier to see them using $60 per barrel now. :twothumbs:

It's my thought that the budget will need to be revised after a significant change in the value of the currency, so how about HCL this month or next, RV before end of November, and then Budget in December? Sounds good to me! :twothumbs:

With a higher valued Dinar, we should see a spike in the global economy. Iraq, for one, will purchase and operate many more military vehicles, as will many other countries. The wealth that can be created could easily drive up consumerism, which will create a higher demand for oil, which will drive up the price of oil, which is yet another benefit for Iraq. #winning

:twocents:

Do you have any other information that contradicts this article?
Recently, Dr. Roj and you are representing the executive and legislative authority, and the Iraqi president as a protector of the constitution, and you’re all Kurds. Could you provide the people of Kurdistan reliable information regarding the Baghdad-Erbil oil agreement? What happened to it?

Practically, there is no such agreement.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/207924-aram-sheikh-mohammed-practically-there-is-no-erbil-baghdad-oil-agreement/#ixzz3lCFPyDyJ

Meh, that's just one person's opinion. Someone commented in that thread that he's probably a shill for Maliki, here to spread doom and gloom... I would agree with that opinion.

----------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for now, friends! I hope you all had a safe and fun holiday weekend, and I'll be sharing anything new that I get.

:tiphat:

• Upvote 16
  • Downvote 1

Well didn't waste any of my time reading this one!  Thanks for that. Much appreciated! Waiting for next week and expecting a whole lot more to happen.....

Not sure what the Dominica fund is so will have to find out.

Edited by gp49

Well didn't waste any of my time reading this one!  Thanks for that. Much appreciated! Waiting for next week and expecting a whole lot more to happen.....

Not sure what the Dominica fund is so will have to find out.

I wrote about it in last week's update: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/207683-adam-montana-weekly-2-september-2015/

To sum it up:

- Dominica is a small island in the Caribbean.

- Tropical Storm Erika wiped them out - set the country back 20 years, and they were pretty far behind already.

- We haven't been able to find a good operation that is focusing on Dominica, so we are working on our own plan to help out.

• Upvote 3

My son and his wife had scheduled a six month Ministry tour in the DR starting in November. The trip is still on, but the nature of the tour will change. He has a background in construction so I suspect he and his  wife will be doing some rebuilding. I am looking forward to some first hand reports from them.

• Upvote 7

Kind Sir, I posted my pledge as stated last week. I don't mean to intrude 

but I was thinking that maybe it would be easier to raise more funds if there

were a $10 and $5 option. After I made my original post about donations I quickly 

found out that some could not afford so much but were still willing to offer something.

Again, I don't want to offend, but I did want to suggest.  :tiphat: 

Thanks for the suggestion LGD! 

I added 5, 10, and 2500 to the poll.

I will be very involved in this endeavor and I'll probably even be on the boat to ensure everything goes well... so if I actually donate $2500 in just food, my plane tickets and travel expenses are going to put my donation into the $5000 range. (The money will probably come off the top of my normal tithing, but I'm sure my church will understand. :) )

I know that not everyone has the ability to throw out $100, even for a cause as good as this. For some people, $25 might be a stretch so I APPRECIATE it if you can only click the $10 button! And if that is a stretch for you, I have another way you can help. You obviously have internet access, so USE IT - start googling, and find resources for us to use. Find the cheapest sources for rice, beans, etc. Call or email some churches in Dominica and find some information that we can use... who is doing the most to help down there? Which organizations are doing what for whom? 

There is a lot of ways people can help, even if you can't chip in actual cash.

• Upvote 4

My son and his wife had scheduled a six month Ministry tour in the DR starting in November. The trip is still on, but the nature of the tour will change. He has a background in construction so I suspect he and his  wife will be doing some rebuilding. I am looking forward to some first hand reports from them.

dr is different from dominica

dr is different from dominica

Correct. The Dominican Republic didn't have any damage. Dominica is a small island further down the chain, and it's kind of a "forgotten child"... which is why we're not hearing anything on the news anymore, even though they are still in dire straits.

If this was on a major cruise path, or they paid big bucks to advertise for tourism, they would not be in this situation. But that is not the case. These people are all but ignored by the rest of the world, and they just took a HUGE hit to their world. 

If we can organize something to help them out, I want to do it. 

Thank you all for making this community so freaking amazing!

• Upvote 2

You are correct that Dominica is a far piece from the DR.  I just got off the phone with my son and he said there is little need for building help where they are going. He said it is unlikely that they will get as far out as Dominica. On the other hand, the village they are planing on staying in is very primitive, so there may still be a need for his construction help. He says there are lots of willing hands for volunteer labor but very little in the way of building materials available. Again, looking forward to some first hand reports.

You are correct that Dominica is a far piece from the DR.  I just got off the phone with my son and he said there is little need for building help where they are going. He said it is unlikely that they will get as far out as Dominica. On the other hand, the village they are planing on staying in is very primitive, so there may still be a need for his construction help. He says there are lots of willing hands for volunteer labor but very little in the way of building materials available. Again, looking forward to some first hand reports.

Where is your son going?

I don't know where Amazon's drone program stands or what weight the drones can carry but it would be cool advertising for them if they were capable of making deliveries (and Amazon might be willing to put a donation link on their website or allow customers to round up to a whole dollar with the round up amount going to support and rebuild Dominica and allow Amazon to show their drone delivery in action). It's a rough idea but maybe someone is good at polishing an idea into a good presentation to pitch to Amazon.

$8660 so far.

Gang, we need to get the votes up to $20,000 before we can do anything meaningful for these people.

I would guess that we will get about $5000 from unregistered folks that can't vote, so basically we need to double the current commitment.

I will double my pledge in order to get closer to the number we need.

• Upvote 1