Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I Can Detain You For Not Talking to Me!': WI Police Officer Harasses Open Carry Activists

Peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaMfTaoquCk

Libertyisforeveryone gives us another gem highlighting an officer that doesn’t know the laws pertaining to open carry.  They were open carrying in New Holstein, WI when Officer Leigh pulls up and gets out of the car asking for ID.  Both armed gentlemen refuse to provide ID.  One of the gentlemen asks if they are being detained.  She replies that they are not, so they begin to walk away.

She asks if they are going to go back to their vehicle and leave the city.  They reply that they are not.  Her attitude then takes a negative turn when she says, “I can cite you right now.  I can detain you.”  She brings up some city ordinance about firearms.  They immediately inform her that state law over rules city ordinance.  They then educate her on the state law, she’s not having any of that.

She then tells them that she is asking them to leave the city because they are allegedly making the residents uncomfortable with their presence.  They tell her that it’s not their problem.  She tells them it’s her problem because the residents are complaining and therefore it’s their problem.  They begin to walk away from her again, since she has already said that they are not detained.

She raises her voice and says, “I am talking to you.  You do not walk away from me.”  They remind her that she has already said that they were not being detained.  They go back and forth for a while over leaving the city.  Then in true “Cop Logic” form, she tells them, “I can detain you now for not talking to me.”  This is followed by another round of her telling them that she is asking them to leave the city before they just walk away from her and leave her looking stupid.

Whether you agree with open carry or not, it’s legal for them to do.  Yet these officers still do everything they can to violate their rights.  I’m not going to argue that some open carriers do go out there just to get a rise out of the police.  I can tell you with all certainty that this is not what these guys are doing.  They do this for educational purposes.  They carry outreach literature to pass out to citizens to educate them on their rights to open carry.

In many of their videos, you can see them interacting with the public when they are out and about on these walks.  Some people start out a little confrontational in the beginning, but these guys remain calm and explain what they are doing.  In many instances, these people change their tune after being presented the facts about open carry and their rights.

Officer Leigh demonstrates a total disregard for rights and how officers have a tantrum when things do not go their way.  More people are standing up to their unlawful actions and they don’t like it much.  These officers need to get with the program and start honoring their oaths.

If you feel that this officer was out of line, feel free to contact the New Holstein Police Department at the number at the top of the story and let them know how you feel.

Officer Involved: Part-time officer Erin Leigh
Department Involved: New Holstein (WI) Police Department
Phone Number: (920) 898-4241

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=51749

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know that the first thing people want to say when they see this is, "Why are they provoking the police?"  and to me this sort of thinking is completely and entirely baffling.  The police have NO power unless given to them through state legislation....none!  Through their office, they can only discharge their duties as the law allows.  When they begin to overstep law, they operate outside of the confines of their office and thus breach public trust making them no more fit to serve their masters (us).  

Making someone leave the city because the citizens feel uncomfortable is both frightening and ignorant to hear come out of the mouth of someone who should know the law that they are enforcing.  If citizens wish to see no more open carry take place, there is a simple fix.  Change the Law!  But as long as it is legal, leave these people the heck alone.  

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 1

My friend, you're assuming that we are still a nation of laws.

It's become pretty obvious that we are not.

Consider the,"MAN OF LAWLESSNESS",running the show. Just today

he let it be known that if Congress doesn't pass,ratify his Iran

thingy he will do what he See's fit. Even breaking the law.

• Upvote 1

yes, i am well aware of our state of lawlessness.  remember when bush suspended habeas corpus coupled with the new war on terror?  that was my wake up call that times had changed.  but those discussions are on a grander scale.  for this topic though, the police officer's point was baseless.  "Leave the city because you are making people feel uncomfortable."  Really???  LOL!!  who is training these people?!

My friend, you're assuming that we are still a nation of laws.

It's become pretty obvious that we are not.

Consider the,"MAN OF LAWLESSNESS",running the show. Just today

he let it be known that if Congress doesn't pass,ratify his Iran

thingy he will do what he See's fit. Even breaking the law.

This America of ours is divided on so many different beliefs. The Constitution is the founding belief which encourages individual rights. The COPS are penal code enforcers, who swore an oath to the constitution, but didn't study the constitution they just studied their penal code, and now the Nation is GONE CRAZY!

yes, i am well aware of our state of lawlessness.  remember when bush suspended habeas corpus coupled with the new war on terror?  that was my wake up call that times had changed.  but those discussions are on a grander scale.  for this topic though, the police officer's point was baseless.  "Leave the city because you are making people feel uncomfortable."  Really???  LOL!!  who is training these people?!

Yes I remember. And I've come to understand through the Holy Spirit

that lives within us these things have been put in motion long

before you or I came on the scene."FOR THE MYSTERY OF INIQUITY

DOTH ALREADY EXIST,ONLY HE WHO RESTRAINS, WILL RESTRAIN, UNTIL

HE BE TAKEN OUT OF THE WAY".

What were witnessing is the same thing that happened just before

the Great Flood,"FOR THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD WILL NOT ALWAYS STRIVE

WITH MAN".

As for your question,"who trains these people",that would be none

other than,"HOMELAND SECURITY". Not a winnable battle.