Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Conserning BBOB

haymon

Haymon and TrinityeXchange,

It IS true that our BBOB dividends that were already, "acted upon" have been rejected by BBOB!!! Action has been initiated, however we need to write the ISC and ISX and file formal complaints with them as non-Iraqi investors. As BBOB is a prominent stock, this is deeply concerning to me as indicative of future trouble. ISX-Men need to join together in a letter writing campaign via email. If BBOB is allowed to get away with this, then we are in trouble IN ALL AREAS OF THIS SPECULATION!!!!

• Upvote 2

although i hate to say this, we might want to take this in stride and not raise too much a fuss.  please consider my friends that we are dealing with one of THE most corrupt countries in the world.  keeping things in perspective, i am so grateful that i have not had any of my money "confiscated" by government officials.  this was a major concern of mine when maliki was in office.  remember when they took all of the assets of an entrepreneur 80% complete with laying internet pipe in iraq.  they confiscated $100m from this guy and threw him out the country.  that was my wake up call to how south things can go real fast in iraq.  

i know not getting bbob dividends is a hard pill to swallow.  i know it is.  but that is slight compared to what could really go down.  

if you don't want to sit through the entire thing, start at the 13min mark and listen for about 5 mins

Edited by TrinityeXchange

Another good reason for me to unload ALL my ISX holdings just as soon as Warka Bank gets back to running their bank like a real business again. Maybe the Dinar will appreciate a little more an I can at least break even in this ISX game. If the ISX lets BBOB get away with this, there is certainly NO reason for any foreign investor to risk not only not making any money but the chance of loosing what he put in. Been in this fiasco since 2007 an have always been waiting on something like this to start happening...

• Upvote 2

If BBOB can get away with this, then what is next?

TrinityeXchange, I can think of an easy mechanism to even affect swing trading. Since we are able to be distinguished by a non-Iraqi investor status, the sky and abuse is unlimited. They can already tell who we are by our trading account numbers, what if it is said that,  "swing trading is a market manipulation?" WE MUST FIGHT NOW!!!!!! The daily reports already tell what and how we trade...if we don't stand now, in a corrupt Country things get progressively worse, not better...

• Upvote 1

my brother i completely feel you and know where you are coming from.  however i do not believe that we have anything to fight with.  firstly, iraq does not have a representative government like we have grown accustomed to in the States (taxation by representation).  this is a primary reason why politicians and money powers of the country get away with doing whatever the heck they want to do against the will of the people.  secondly, iraq has not established a sound Investment Law.  this is the reason why so many foreign corporations chomping at the bit to enter Iraq have sat idle on the sidelines.  thirdly, please consider again why we have not seen any custodian banks operating in the capital markets.  what we are experiencing with this bbob fiasco is exactly why we are the only ones sticking money in the market.  aside from us, only a handful of foreign funds will dare to take this sort of risk.  

i am not saying don't write a protest letter if that is what you want to do.  i am saying don't expect it to have any effect.  the only power non-iraqi investors have to bend the will of bbob is to withdraw our capital.  there are lots of non-iraqi investors holding stocks in bbob and in large quantity.  should they dump the stock, bbob might rethink its actions.

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 1