Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Finance supports the issuance of new categories of cash to facilitate the process of carrying currency

newbieDA

Parliamentary Finance supports the issuance of new categories of cash to facilitate the process of carrying currency

Author: Editor: ag reporter: na
Number of Views: 216
07/21/2015 21:55

Tomorrow Press / Baghdad supported the Parliamentary Finance Committee member Magda Tamimi, Tuesday, the issuance of new categories of cash to facilitate the process of carrying currency among the citizens, stressing that the environment is ripe for the replacement of the currency value or delete the zeros of them.

She said Tamimi for "tomorrow Press," that "the former her statement about the existence of financial corruption in print categories of the process (50 100 A) has been understood or moved incorrectly," asserting "it supports the issuance of these categories to facilitate the process of currency carry among the citizens" .

She added that "the subject of deleting the value of the zeros and the replacement of the currency at this time, the environment is ripe for it," noting that "this process needs to be a security stable environment as well as providing sophisticated technology, and Komrat and devices to destroy the old currency and devices supervisory good."

Source | Translation

Edited by newbieDA
  • Upvote 5

This is old correct?

No its from today but we have heard this from Magda Tamimi before.  In fact I think she might of been the one to say the new class of 50 or 50k would be out in July.  Its often hard to tell if they are talking again to see if it sticks this time or if the news is just rerunning stories figuring what difference does it make, theyre usually hot air anyways. Hopefully the time is right.

• Upvote 1

I think she is taking about the new lower denomination notes with more value.

If they are planning to delete the 000's, why print more notes with 000's?

It doesn't make sense to me.

Just my opinion.

Go Iraq

Go CBI

Go lower denomination

Go $1:1

• Upvote 4

I think she is taking about the new lower denomination notes with more value.

If they are planning to delete the 000's, why print more notes with 000's?

It doesn't make sense to me.

Just my opinion.

Go Iraq

Go CBI

Go lower denomination

Go $1:1

I've said from the beginning of the 50,000 dinar notes that I believe they were 

referring to the new, LDs , that would be equal to 50,000 at today's value.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

They have been saying  some form of this since 2011- as in this article.....

AKnews reports that the Iraqi Central Bank (ICB) has confirmed it will issue a new bill with a value of 50,000 IQD ($43) but marked as 50 dinars.

Deputy chairman of the ICB Dr Muzher Saleh said the bank is working to issue this new money in addition to coins in both Arabic and Kurdish in an effort to address the liquidity problem in Iraq.

The largest currency in the country is now 25,000 Iraqi dinars (pictured) and its purchasing power is about $23.

The new currency will include symbols that reflect the diversity of Iraq’s sects and cultures including the Kurdish culture. “Iraq needs to support its economy and its currency through the issuance of a currency similar to foreign ones like the $100 bill,” Saleh added.

The main tasks of the ICB are to maintain price stability, implement monetary policy, manage reserves of foreign currency, issue and manage the currency and regulate the banking sector.

The inflation rate in Iraq stood at 7.3% in September.

(Source: AKnews)

• Upvote 1