Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama calls for US judicial system fairer

0_2E74911D_main_New.jpg

President Barack Obama called on Tuesday to make the American judicial system fairer, hoping to correct the mistakes of the past that led to tens of thousands of American prison for committing non-violent offenses, including a large section of young black men. Obama said in a speech to about three thousand delegates working in association defends civil rights for black Americans, said that "our system of criminal is not fair to the extent that it should be and we have to do something." Having called on Congress to move, Obama stressed the huge increase in the number of prisoners in the United States during the past decades, attributing this in many cases sanctions are not compatible with misdemeanors. He explained that the United States has five percent of the world's population, but (with) 25 percent of the prisoners of the world, pointing out that the number of prisoners in which more than four times the number in China, pointing out that the United States spends eighty billion dollars a year on prisons has a system. Obama said strongly that this prolonged detention operations in the form of disproportionately blacks and descendants of Spanish assets. Reported that African Americans are exposed to the arrest of more than others, and are exposed to judgments on them outweigh the sentences for misdemeanors in the egg itself. He noted that more votes among Democrats and Republicans on the rise both in order to develop the existing laws. Thursday Obama will visit El Reno prison in the state of Oklahoma (the center) to be the first president heads to federal prison during his tenure. Source: Agencies

It already is Jax ! and I don't think everyone that gets caught with drugs or alcohol should be in prison, especially if they are a productive member of society. It's the other things that they do like stealing, killing, and injuring other innocent people during their mayhem that should put them there, not the drugs. 

• Upvote 2

It already is Jax ! and I don't think everyone that gets caught with drugs or alcohol should be in prison, especially if they are a productive member of society. It's the other things that they do like stealing, killing, and injuring other innocent people during their mayhem that should put them there, not the drugs. 

Good point Tex!  I was referring more to the formal pardons he will be giving upon his exit.  In respect to your viewpoint... I agree that some sentences are too severe, or disparate to other punitive measures.   But, each should be judged respectively, as I believe some non-violent crimes can be just as destructive as violent ones... the circumstances do matter, as you suggest.

• Upvote 2

I have some Liberal work mates in the oil field that will tell you, things have never been better since Obama came to power. It still astonishes as to what reality is it these people live in. 

100 million unemployed . . . a record # on Food Stamps (49 million +) - and thats just for openers

Edited by 10 YEARS LATER
  • Upvote 3