Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NYSE & Chinese nosedive

Irishb225

It should be back up before the trading day is over, but it reminds us all

no matter the issue or "glitch", it is funny how it happens on heavy selling

periods. It may well be just a glitch, but often it is a protective measure

put in place to slow the selling and avoid panic. Of course the official

reason is almost always a technical glitch.

When it comes to markets, the truth is usually difficult to come by.

Edited by Jim1cor13

irishboy...now I'm no financial expert.  But I can tell you this.  I've invested in gold and silver.  Since my hubby returned from Afghanistan, he has taken a low income job to the point we struggle to meet our budget.  The gold has helped pay for my house note for the last 1/2 yr. (1300.00) that's after we refinanced it.

Employment for him as been a struggle, he's over qualified, to old (which I think he is still my young white knight in armor)  So he's had to settle with an under paid employment.  What I'm stressing is that gold currency or silver is something to think about.

I've made some serious changes in my funds.  Only one bank account, I keep only what I need in there.  The rest is stored near me. 

Don't trust the banks.  We could very well end up like Greece. 

• Upvote 1

• Screen-Shot-2015-07-08-at-2.33.19-PM-102

Anonymous dropped this message last night before Wall Street went dark today, and it’s pretty safe to say it’s blowing minds.

From The Blaze:

According to Eric Scott Hunsader who is a market structure expert says this is “the most significant outage since Nasdaq’s blackout” in 2013.

The night before the New York Stock Exchange temporarily suspended trading due to an “internal technical issue,” the hacker collective Anonymous had a cryptic message for Wall Street on Twitter.

“Wonder if tomorrow is going to be bad for Wall Street…. we can only hope,” said the tweet posted at 11:45 p.m. Tuesday.

The NYSE said it was experiencing a technical issue Wednesday afternoon and said it was not the result of a cyberbreach. Both the Department of Homeland Security and the White House said there was no indication of malicious actor involvement.

“We’re experiencing a technical issue that we’re working to resolve as quickly as possible,” the NYSE said in a statement. “We’re doing our utmost to produce a swift resolution & will be providing further updates as soon as we can.”

“The issue we are experiencing is an internal technical issue and is not the result of a cyber breach,” the statement continued. “We chose to suspend trading on NYSE to avoid problems arising from our technical issue. NYSE-listed securities continue to trade unaffected on other market centers.”

The NYSE ultimately resumed trading shortly after 3 p.m. eastern time.

Things just got a whole lot more interesting.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed Patty Angel, this was not a glitch, although that is what they are feeding the public. Like Jim mentioned it was done to stave off a sell-off.

Like China this market has been propped up by the government. It's a two-legged stool. It will be popping sooner rather than later. Some experts believe that if the Chinese Real Estate Market bubble bursts, there is no holding the U.S. bubble up.

• 4 weeks later...