Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Heaven’s Relief in the Coming Wrath

ronscarpa

Heaven’s Relief in the Coming Wrath

Our WORD For Wednesday, 1 July 2015

"It is just to repay with affliction those who afflict you, and to grant relief to you who are afflicted . . . when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus." (2 Thessalonians 1:6–8

There will come a time when the patience of God is over. When God has seen his people suffer for the allotted time and the appointed number of martyrs is complete (Revelation 6:11), then vengeance will come from heaven.

Notice that God’s vengeance on our offenders is experienced by us as “relief.” In other words, the judgment on “those who afflict” us is a form of grace toward us.

Perhaps the most remarkable picture of judgment as grace is the picture of Babylon’s destruction in Revelation 18. At her destruction, a great voice from heaven cries, “Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you saints and apostles and prophets, for God has given judgment for you against her!” (
Revelation 18:20). Then a great multitude is heard saying, “Hallelujah..! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for His judgments are true and just; for He has judged the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality, and has avenged on her the blood of His servants” (Revelation 19:1–2).

When God’s patience has run its long-suffering course, and this age is over, and judgment comes on the enemies of God’s people, the saints will not disapprove of God’s justice.

This means that the final destruction of the unrepentant will not be experienced as a misery for God’s people.
The unwillingness of others to repent will not hold the affections of the saints hostage. Hell will not be able to blackmail heaven into misery. God’s judgment will be approved, and the saints will experience the vindication of truth as a great grace.

John Piper

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Great post for the day of the lord draws near and those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as there lord and savior will endure great affliction .Love thy neighbor as thy self. LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART!

• Upvote 1

as I study revelation 18 I am forced to wonder did we already witness that event. is it possible that the great city Babylon was New York and the poisonous Babylon gave all the kings of the nations of the earth was that possibly the dollar. I just wonder about these things from time to time. How far along are we?

• Upvote 2

LGD, I don't think that we will ever have access to God's spiritual chart or any indication as to the depth and fulness of our sinfulness.  He keeps a record of our sins for He did not destroy the other nations until their sin was full.  Though the critics and liberal theologians protest any thought of a loving God coming in judgment on His creation, it is still so.  His own holiness demands it.  God has appointed and confirmed the day through the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. God has been and continues to judge individuals and nations for their sin. He does it retributively as well as therapeutically (i.e., so that people might “wake up” and turn from their sin). But all these judgments will find their culmination and vindication at this, the final judgment. There will come a day when God will finally judge all men (and angels) and in the process all sin will finally be condemned and all God’s acts of judgment will be shown to have been necessary, just, and holy. At that time every mouth will be silenced (Rom 3:20) and every knee will bow (Phil 2:9-11). No critic, no apostate, no potentate, no unbeliever, no religion of the world system will doubt or condemn this action by God.  EVERY knee will bow to His authoritative action. Again, the Scriptures make it abundantly clear that there is coming a “day” when there will be a final judgment (Acts 17:30-31; 1Thess 1:5-8).

But the saints do not need to worry.  Christ is now reigning as King in His kingdom, and will reign on forever.  He reigns now as King of kings, and LORD of lords (Rev 17:14; 19:16).  

But in that Judgment, the saints of the Kingdom will NEVER need to stand and be judged for sin!  For our sins have been forgiven by Christ's blood!  And Christ will present the Kingdom to God (Himself) the church in all her glory, paving no spot or wrinkle or any such things; but that she should be holy and blameless" (Eph 5:27; 1Cor 15:24).  

At that time every mouth will be silenced (Rom 3:20) and every knee will bow (Phil 2:9-11). No critic, no apostate, no potentate, no unbeliever, no religion of the world system will doubt or condemn the action of God when "JUDGMENT" and "CONDEMNATION" is given to all those who are unbelieving and wicked.  Every knee will bow to His authority.  

Edited by Nelg
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for your comments Donna, LGD & Nelg...(+1 each) 

Blessings, RON  :salute: 

And to you, my brother.

I don't always have the time to respond to your wonderful post because of the 

looooooonnnnnnngggggg hours I work. But please know that I try and read them 

every day. You serve with great perseverance and it doesn't go unnoticed.  :bravo:  

LGD, I don't think that we will ever have access to God's spiritual chart or any indication as to the depth and fulness of our sinfulness.  He keeps a record of our sins for He did not destroy the other nations until their sin was full.  Though the critics and liberal theologians protest any thought of a loving God coming in judgment on His creation, it is still so.  His own holiness demands it.  God has appointed and confirmed the day through the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. God has been and continues to judge individuals and nations for their sin. He does it retributively as well as therapeutically (i.e., so that people might “wake up” and turn from their sin). But all these judgments will find their culmination and vindication at this, the final judgment. There will come a day when God will finally judge all men (and angels) and in the process all sin will finally be condemned and all God’s acts of judgment will be shown to have been necessary, just, and holy. At that time every mouth will be silenced (Rom 3:20) and every knee will bow (Phil 2:9-11). No critic, no apostate, no potentate, no unbeliever, no religion of the world system will doubt or condemn this action by God.  EVERY knee will bow to His authoritative action. Again, the Scriptures make it abundantly clear that there is coming a “day” when there will be a final judgment (Acts 17:30-31; 1Thess 1:5-8).

But the saints do not need to worry.  Christ is now reigning as King in His kingdom, and will reign on forever.  He reigns now as King of kings, and LORD of lords (Rev 17:14; 19:16).  

But in that Judgment, the saints of the Kingdom will NEVER need to stand and be judged for sin!  For our sins have been forgiven by Christ's blood!  And Christ will present the Kingdom to God (Himself) the church in all her glory, paving no spot or wrinkle or any such things; but that she should be holy and blameless" (Eph 5:27; 1Cor 15:24).  

At that time every mouth will be silenced (Rom 3:20) and every knee will bow (Phil 2:9-11). No critic, no apostate, no potentate, no unbeliever, no religion of the world system will doubt or condemn the action of God when "JUDGMENT" and "CONDEMNATION" is given to all those who are unbelieving and wicked.  Every knee will bow to His authority.  

babylon.gif

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your comments Donna, LGD & Nelg...(+1 each) 

Blessings, RON   :salute: 

And to you, my brother.

I don't always have the time to respond to your wonderful post because of the 

looooooonnnnnnngggggg hours I work. But please know that I try and read them 

every day. You serve with great perseverance and it doesn't go unnoticed.   :bravo:  

babylon.gif

I absolutely agree with you Nelg, and whenever the attackers get me down I just 

reminds myself that in the end every knee will bow, every tong will confess. 

I have even told them that they can do it now to glory, or they can do it on judgment 

day to damnation. "but make no mistake about it, YOU WILL DO IT" 

I posted an ancient map of Babylon to clarify my next point. 

Let me show you how it is that  I've a question about what may have occurred on Sep 11,2001 

Revelation 18

1And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2And he 

cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul 

spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornicationand the kings of the 

earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich 

through the abundance of her delicacies.

What is John describing here? In the entire history of man has any nation held the wealth that America has?

And is it not true that through the dollar and the petro dollar ALL nations have drunk of our wine and fornication? 

Have not all merchants of the earth become rich beyond there wildest imaginations from our delicacies? And what 

nation has ever had such delicacies? Why even our poor have cell phones, cars, and air conditioning. I have seen 

other countries where the poor don't have electricity nor shelter not to mention food. 

So is it possible that John could have been talking about America? Well let us read a little more ......

4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her 

plagues5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. 6Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double 

unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. 7How much she hath glorified herself, and lived 

deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. 8Therefore 

shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

And this, brother, is the part that I think you will like. 

Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her 

plagues

Could this be a reference to the Rapture? For it is said,

1 Thessalonians 5:9

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire:

In one day? Death and morning? Utterly burned with fire?

Is this not exactly what occurred on 9:11?

9And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning10Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

The smoke of her burning. Interesting choice of words, but it gets even more intriguing. 

Note the," STANDING AFAR OFF" It will come into play soon.

That Great city Babylon, in one hour is thy judgment come. And this is where we Americans 

get lost. It didn't say in one hour thy judgment came upon thee. It said in one hour thy judgment has come. 

How do we know that 9:11 wasn't the , "beginning of sorrows"? 

11And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more: 12The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble, 13And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men. 14And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all. 15The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing, 16And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls! 17For in one hour so great riches is come to nought

Give me just one other nation  that can boast such riches. ?????????????????

And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off18And cried when they saw the 

smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city! 19And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, 

Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

All the company IN ships, hes telling us that the personnel on the ships,"STOOD AFAR OFF", and watched this destruction.

Now up to this point, I'm sure that many will find much fault in my theological meanderings. However, the question still 

remains, Why did I post a map of ancient Babylon? 

And, is New York what John was referring to?

Consider this.......................................................... 

Revelation 18:21

21And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Here's the problem, NOTHING in Iraq can be what John was referring to.

There simply isn't any body of water large enough for a medium sized meteor to cause the kind of 

destruction mentioned above. 

HOWEVER,  New York on the other hand would fit perfectly into such a scenario. 

So where does that leave us? 

The real question is, Where on the eternal timeline of God are we?

If what I've presented is true, then I would suggest that we are merely moments away from 

the rapture of the Bride of Christ. 

After that? Well I leave that to others to explain. 

NOTE

I'm not at all saying that the forgoing is some type of prophesy given to me.

All I'm attempting to do here is present something that has recently occurred to me 

in my thoughts. And lest anyone forget, I am a truck driver with more time to ponder 

than might be healthy.  :shrug:   

• Upvote 2

Hey LGD, those times on the road are "educational hours" for those studying the word.  

I have a Solar Player that we give to churches and ministers in Africa, New Guinea, India, etc. where individuals do not have electric power. And on this player there are 45 Bible Courses with 700 hours of biblical teaching, The Bible, and Six albums of songs!  Now that's a lot of "educational hours."  

I know you do this anyway, but that would be a great time to listen and thing about the Lord.  

Then all that time you can pray without much interruption.  

I pray that your life will be blessed during your drives and that the Lord will keep you and your family safe.  

God bless.  

• Upvote 2

Ron loved that message....and man is speeding up the ending of this planet. I hate to use this terminolgy but arrogance, greed, stupidty has turned the love of God into a small voice by many....Sad.......Broad is the way to destruction and many will walk that pathway

• Upvote 2