Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Government freezes "the oil and gas law," and proceeds to have a new draft

Government freezes "the oil and gas law," and proceeds to have a new draft

Sat Jun 06 2015 23:12 | (Voice of Iraq) - Baghdad 

Government freezes "the oil and gas law," and proceeds to have a new draft. The federal government has cancelled all previous versions and formed a committee to form a new draft which is consistent with reality and current conditions. Ruled out of the Oil and Energy Committee in the House of Representatives pass the oil and gas law during the next few days, attributed to the political differences, but it confirms that the preparation of the new draft will then negotiate with all political blocs. And it spins a sharp disagreement about who holds the export and marketing of oil, while the federal government believes that the export of oil must be cross-SOMO, demanding that the Kurdistan region will be done through a private company. He says Razak Mahabs, a member of the Commission on oil and energy parliamentary told the "long", "The Oil and Gas Law of the contentious between the political blocs, specifically between Kurdish blocs and the central government laws," pointing out that "there is a paper political agreement was drafted during the formation of the government states the adoption of this law. " The Commission on oil and energy in the House of Representatives confirmed, earlier, it is working on legislation oil and gas law for the service-producing provinces. The move drew to the enactment of laws to cover all provinces in petro-dollars, noting that work on the legislation the law of the Iraqi National Oil Company. He adds Mahabs "There is a committee set up within the government, headed by Haidar al-Abbadi undertook a review of all the controversial bills in the forefront of the oil and gas law," stressing that "this law is under study within the Council of Ministers."

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(contd)

Explains the parliamentary energy commission member, he said "the Cabinet formed a committee headed by Thamir Ghadhban, head of the advisory board, to prepare a new draft of the oil and gas law for submission to the government for approval and sent to Parliament in the coming periods." 

The Oil Ministry has called, in December last, to expedite the enactment of the oil and gas law, to regulate the relationship between the federal and Kurdistan governments and ensure the distribution of oil imports to the producing provinces about their rights guaranteed. He continues bloc member Badr, saying that "the government told Parliament that all previous drafts of the law of oil and gas have been canceled, and she began writing a new bill," pointing out that "this draft will be written by the ministerial committee, headed by Ghabban that, then you will be asked later to negotiate and discussions between the political blocs. "

Mahabs says that "the legislature and awaiting the arrival of the new draft to be submitted for the first and second reading and then vote on them once the blocs of the negotiations and discussions on them."

Zaher al-Abadi, in turn, the other member of the Oil and Energy Committee, said he "says during the past year, the life of the current parliament, the government did not send the oil and gas law for the existence of significant problems encountered in its own legislation." He adds Abadi, he told the "long", that "pass this law needs to be political consensus between all components and blocs in the parliament," stressing that "the government sent a letter to the House of Representatives lingered bill sent by the year 2011".

Enactment of the oil and gas law that would organize and manage the oil wealth produced and exported between the federal government and the Kurdistan and the cities of Basra and Missan, Kirkuk and end the differences accumulated. And confirms a member of the Energy Committee that "the new draft will take into consideration all the problems and innovations that have occurred in the current time within the oil and political reality."

MP calls for visual to "solve all the problems between the region and the Centre and the oil-producing provinces across the enactment of this law, which is preparing for the new drafted." He believed that "do not enjoy some of the political parties the necessary flexibility contributed to delay the arrival of this project to the House of Representatives."

sorry it didn't copy well and i know it is hard to read.

Edited by docneedles
  • Upvote 2

Here's A Highlighted Version Of It Doc ! ;)

B)     B)     B)

(by walkingstick)

Parliament calling on the government to freeze the "oil and gas law," and proceeds to have a new draft

BAGHDAD / Mohammad Sabah 

The federal government has canceled all previous versions of the law of oil and gas, and formed a ministerial committee headed by Prime Thamer Ghadhban the advisers in the Cabinet to prepare a new draft is consistent with reality and current conditions.

Ruled out of the Oil and Energy Committee in the House of Representatives pass the oil and gas law during the next few days, attributed to the political differences, but it confirms that the preparation of the new draft will then negotiate with all political blocs.

And it spins a sharp disagreement about who holds the export and marketing of oil, while you see the federal government that the export of oil must be cross-SOMO, demanding Kurdistan that the province is through a private company doing. 

He says Razak Mahabs, a member of the Commission on oil and energy parliamentary told the "long" , "The Oil and Gas Law of the contentious between the political blocs, specifically between Kurdish blocs and the central government laws," pointing out that "there is a paper political agreement was drafted during the formation of the government provides for the adoption of this law." 

It was for the Oil and Energy Committee in the House of Representatives confirmed, in Earlier, it was working on the legislation oil and gas law for the service-producing provinces. With eye to move the enactment of laws to cover all provinces in petro-dollars, noting that work on the legislation the law of the Iraqi National Oil Company. 

He adds Mahabs "There is a committee set up within the government headed by Haider al-Abadi has undertaken a review of all the controversial bills in the forefront of the oil and gas law," he "This law is under study within the Council of Ministers." 

explains the Committee on Energy parliamentary member of "The cabinet formed a committee, headed by Thamir Ghadhban, chairman of the advisory board, to prepare a new draft of the oil and gas law for submission to the government for approval and sent to Parliament in the coming periods." 

mentions The Oil Ministry has called, in December last, to expedite the enactment of the oil and gas law, to regulate the relationship between the federal and Kurdistan governments and ensure the distribution of oil imports to the provinces produced nearly guarantee their rights. 

He continues bloc member Badr, saying that "the government told Parliament that all previous drafts of the oil law and gas have been canceled, and she began writing a new bill,"pointing out that" this draft will be written by the ministerial committee, headed by Ghabban that, then you will be asked later to negotiate and talks between the political blocs. " 

He says Mahabs that "the legislature awaiting the arrival of the new draft to be submitted first reading and the second and then vote on them once the blocs of the negotiations and discussions about them. " 

turn says Zaher al-Abadi, the other member of the Commission on oil and energy, he was "over the past year period, the life of the current parliament, the government did not send oil and gas to the presence of significant problems Law oppose the legislation. " 

He adds Abadi, he told the "long", that "pass this law needs to be political consensus between all components and blocs in the parliament," stressing that "the government sent a letter lingered to the House of Representatives the bill sent by the year 2011". 

enactment of the oil and gas law that would organize and manage the oil wealth produced and exported between the federal government and the Kurdistan and the cities of Basra and Missan, Kirkuk and end the differences accumulated. 

emphasizes the Energy Committee member that "the new draft will take into consideration all the problems and innovations that have occurred in the current time within the reality of oil and political". 

It calls Optical MP to "solve all the problems between the region and the Centre and the oil-producing provinces across the enactment of this law, which is preparing for the new drafted." He believed that "do not enjoy some of the political parties the necessary flexibility contributed to delay the arrival of this project to the House of Representatives."

http://almadapaper.net/ar/news/489197/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%83%D9%88%D9%85%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A8%D8%AA%D8%AC%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%AF-%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%88%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%81

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Thanks thug. Yours is much easier to read and this  article is important.

maybe the mods can delete mine and fix the title, since autocorrect made it frees instead of freeze. 

I find this hopeful because they are currently working on it and still talking about it.

jg1 - the HCL was never passed.   What they were previously using was the HCA (hydrocarbon agreement, a precursor to the HCL).   So there was never anything to "undo".  All of the gurus out there in dinarland were telling everyone that the HCL was passed, when in fact, it never was.  Stick with Adam and you'll get more facts & less fiction.  Adam never said the HCL was passed, he always stated that it was the HCA and that we were still waiting on the passage of HCL.    And so, here we arrive at this place - the HCA apparently isn't going to evolve into the HCL.   Something new will emerge - and hopefully soon!     

docneedles - sorry we never delete a thread or change the title.  We'll leave this one as is, and everyone will just have to read the post to realize you meant freeze.   it's quite ok, we all get the idea pretty quick.     :twothumbs:

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

what this seems  to say is "  we  have  our  grubby hands in the   ,  money pot  and the  hydro carbon law  will be an end to our easy money ,  " political   blaaaa blaaaa blaa  ------ >   just my opinion ...........   if  this pans  out  the  kurd s   are  back on the  we will split  from Iraq  and form  a   new country -----------  just my thinking  

• Upvote 1

I take it that they are canceling the old HCL, and simultaneously getting serious about writing and passing a new one that will take into consideration all the sides of each bloc involved. What is interesting to me is

"pointing out that "there is a paper political agreement was drafted during the formation of the government states the adoption of this law. " The Commission on oil and energy in the House of Representatives confirmed, earlier, it is working on legislation oil and gas law for the service-producing provinces. The move drew to the enactment of laws to cover all provinces in petro-dollars, noting that work on the legislation the law of the Iraqi National Oil Company.

Hmm, there is a paper agreement was drafted during the formation of the government states and the adoption of this law. Formation of the government states. I may be so desperate for good news that I am reading into this so I ask the question , did they form a group of Federal States within the country of Iraq? In addition to the revelation that there will need to be a brand spanking new HCL that al-Abadi will place on the super fast track for approval.

i just wonder if the kurds will have any rebuttals on this new draft and just how long it will take to fight it out.................no wait a minute...they had already formed a committee for this and they are not telling us the whole story.  I believe the committee is ready to send it to parliament and be read, and voted on.  Does anyone remember when Abadi had formed up the committees to tackle some laws that were broken?   I think that maybe the HCL committee has completed their task. 

Anyone remember?  I know Yota will probably bring 4 or 5 articles.  He just too efficient.  :tiphat:

• Upvote 2

jg1 - the HCL was never passed.   What they were previously using was the HCA (hydrocarbon agreement, a precursor to the HCL).   So there was never anything to "undo".  All of the gurus out there in dinarland were telling everyone that the HCL was passed, when in fact, it never was.  Stick with Adam and you'll get more facts & less fiction.  Adam never said the HCL was passed, he always stated that it was the HCA and that we were still waiting on the passage of HCL.    And so, here we arrive at this place - the HCA apparently isn't going to evolve into the HCL.   Something new will emerge - and hopefully soon!     

docneedles - sorry we never delete a thread or change the title.  We'll leave this one as is, and everyone will just have to read the post to realize you meant freeze.   it's quite ok, we all get the idea pretty quick.     :twothumbs:

I have been saying this exact thing since the HCA was approved almost a year ago. When the budget came and everyone said the HCL was in the budget, I again said "NO. what they are referring to is the HCA". Countless times I have reiterated this position that the HCL was never passed. This is because there are other regions besides the Kurdish region that produces oil. The HCA only deals with the Kurdish region and their exportation of Oil. The Kurds are semi-autonomous and such a deal was brokered saying that the Kurdish oil belongs to Iraq and the Kurds could keep some proceeds for exporting the oil. The HCL, according to the Iraqi Constitution (I used to know where and which article this referred) stipulates that EVERY citizen of Iraq benefit from the sales of Iraqi oil.

Since the HCA only deals with the Kurds, this does not meet constitutional validity and therefore cannot be the HCL.

This has been my premise all along as to why the HCL has not been made into law at this time. There were drafts created and those drafts were modified into new versions of the original draft but as it stands now, Iraq's Oil industry as it is organized today, will not be the same when the HCL law is finally passed. Its kind of like a position that is necessary but hasn't been filled officially, we would call this an acting positing for example acting vice president of such and such company until the official vice president is announced. Until Iraqi's Oil and Gas Law is official, there will be no RV even though a RV does not need to have the Oil and Gas Law to  be passed.

They are referring to the previous drafts of the Oil and Gas Law of 2010 and subsequent versions put forth when Maliki ran things. No part of this draft in its revised or modified version has been passed since Malaki has left office or while he was in office. The draft could never get it off the table because ijit in charge Malaki rather advance his pocketbook instead of advancing the country. Oh he did enough to make it seem like he was working towards advancing the nation but if it didn't advance his bank account it didn't advance the country. 

• Upvote 2

i just wonder if the kurds will have any rebuttals on this new draft and just how long it will take to fight it out.................no wait a minute...they had already formed a committee for this and they are not telling us the whole story.  I believe the committee is ready to send it to parliament and be read, and voted on.  Does anyone remember when Abadi had formed up the committees to tackle some laws that were broken?   I think that maybe the HCL committee has completed their task. 

Anyone remember?  I know Yota will probably bring 4 or 5 articles.  He just too efficient.  :tiphat:

You are confusing the HCA with the HCL.  The Kurdish agreement has nothing to do with the HCL other than reiterate that the oil processed in the Kurdish region is Iraqi oil. The only thing that the HCL might possibly say is that because there is an HCA agreement with the Kurds then the HCL obligations that stipulates that EVERY citizen in Iraq benefits from the sale of Iraqi oil has been met through the HCA with the Kurds. That is the only situation in which I could possibly forsee the two even remotely correlating to each other. 

The agreement with the Kurds is not the HCL and the article has no bearing on this agreement with the Kurds, The agreement with the Kurds, the HCA, cannot be changed as Abadi stated numerous times. 

I do remember reading that sometime during the period between Christmas and right before the New Year or just after the New Year an HCL committee was formed. I have searched for this article which appeared here on the DV but have not been able to locate it.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 1

20169.jpg?width=400&height=300&crop=auto

Council of Ministers meeting

Author: 
Editor: 06/06/2015 21:19 Number of Views: 2051 

Long-Presse / Baghdad 

The federal government has canceled all previous versions of the law of oil and gas, and formed a ministerial committee headed by Prime Thamer Ghadhban the advisers in the Cabinet to prepare a new draft is consistent with reality and current conditions.

Ruled out of the Oil and Energy Committee in the House of Representatives pass the oil and gas law in the next few period, attributed to political differences, but it confirms that the preparation of the new draft will then negotiate with all political blocs.

And it spins a sharp disagreement about who holds the export and marketing of oil, while the federal government believes that the export of oil must be cross-SOMO, demanding the Kurdistan region to be done through a private company.

He says Razak Mahabs, a member of the Commission on oil and energy parliamentary told the "long", "The Oil and Gas Law of the contentious between the political blocs, specifically between Kurdish blocs and the central government laws," pointing out that "there is a paper political agreement was drafted during the formation of the government states the adoption of this law. "

The Commission on oil and energy in the House of Representatives confirmed, earlier, it is working on legislation oil and gas law for the service-producing provinces. The move drew to the enactment of laws to include all provinces Balpetro dollars, noting that work on the legislation the law of the Iraqi National Oil Company.

He adds Mahabs "There is a committee set up within the government, headed by Haidar al-Abbadi undertook a review of all the controversial bills in the forefront of the oil and gas law," stressing that "this law is under study within the Council of Ministers."

Explains the parliamentary energy commission member, he said "the Cabinet formed a committee headed by Thamir Ghadhban, head of the advisory board, to prepare a new draft of the oil and gas law for submission to the government for approval and sent to Parliament in the coming periods."

The Oil Ministry has called, in December last, to expedite the enactment of the oil and gas law, to regulate the relationship between the federal and Kurdistan governments and ensure the distribution of oil imports to the producing provinces about their rights guaranteed.

He continues bloc member Badr, saying that "the government told Parliament that all previous drafts of the law of oil and gas have been canceled, and she began writing a new bill," pointing out that "this draft will be written by the ministerial committee, headed by Ghadhban that, then you will be asked later to negotiate and discussions between the political blocs. "

Mahabs says that "the legislature and awaiting the arrival of the new draft to be submitted for the first and second reading and then vote on them once the blocs of the negotiations and discussions about them."

Zaher al-Abadi, in turn, the other member of the Oil and Energy Committee, said he "says during the period of the past year, the life of the current parliament, the government did not send the oil and gas law for the existence of significant problems encountered in its own legislation."

He adds Abadi, he told the "long", that "pass this law needs to be political consensus between all components and blocs in the parliament," stressing that "the government sent a letter to the House of Representatives lingered bill sent by the year 2011".

Enactment of the oil and gas law that would organize and manage the oil wealth produced and exported between the federal government and the Kurdistan and the cities of Basra and Missan, Kirkuk and end the differences accumulated.

And confirms a member of the Energy Committee that "the new draft will take into consideration all the problems and innovations that have occurred in the current time within the oil and political caught."

MP calls for visual to "solve all the problems between the region and the Centre and the oil-producing provinces across the enactment of this law, which is preparing for the new drafted." He believed that "do not enjoy some of the political parties the necessary flexibility contributed to delay the arrival of this project to the House of Representatives."

.. Of Mohammad Sabah 

Done, undone, redone . . . How long, if true, is this going to take ? Oh, never mind. They have ALL the time in the world. No hurry right ? Let's drag this out to say, oh, 6 months to 10 years !

Meanwhile all chaos is around them; still, no problem right ? :facepalm::rodeo:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1