Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

When posting a selfie goes very wrong

BY KYLE BECKER (1 DAY AGO) | MILITARYWORLD

2500AA1D00000578-2924504-Helpless_As_the

Selfies being all the rage, one ISIS fighter just didn’t want to miss out on the hottest thing around. Little did one jihadist know that humble-bragging online to get some RTs on Twitter would get subtweeted along with 3 JDAM bombs.

Military.com gives us an ISIS selfie story that went horribly wrong:

“It was a post on social media to bombs on target in less than 24 hours,” Carlisle told Military.com. “Incredible work when you think about [it].”

Air Force Gen. Hawk Carlisle, head of Air Combat Command, described Monday how airmen at Hurlburt Field, Florida, with the 361st Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group, recognized a comment on social media and turned that into an airstrike that resulted in three Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) missiles destroying am [sic] Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) headquarters building.

The post was careful not to reveal any secrets that could jeopardize any other ISIS “morons” revealing their locales via social media.

“The guys that were working down out of Hurlburt, they’re combing through social media and they see some moron standing at this command,” Carlisle said. “And in some social media, open forum, bragging about the command and control capabilities for Daesh, ISIL. And these guys go: ‘We got an in.’ So they do some work, long story short, about 22 hours later through that very building, three [Joint Direct Attack Munitions] take that entire building out.”

And, by the way, THIS is how you take a “selfie.”                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        CC6jn_4UEAAVVFd.jpg

Now that gives a whole new meaning to “blowing up” on social media.

• Upvote 7

I smiled all the way thru reading this,Yota i read all of your posts bad or good... bad meaning another setback or the word soon lol.

and one thing i can count on every morning is getting up checking in here and seeing your posts which you ave no idea how much I appreciate them by the way!!!!!!!

But this is just crazy to me maybe im stuck so far back in the stone age i guess....did this really happen?

I for one hope that it did, I for one never condone killing but some evil people are the exception to the rule.

• Upvote 4

I have always thought that social media is more harmful to people than it is helpful, but this one is priceless!! I love it it. Keep it up isis.  :bravo:  :eyebrows:

Bet you wish you were flying that mission EagleEye.  :D