Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FYI ATL Airport Exchange Rate $1.00 = 1,684 IQD

Went to the Atlanta Airport tonight to pick up my wife. Her plane was delayed again and I had some time to walk around. I went to the currency exchange and asked if they exchanged dinar. She said yes and the rate was 1684. Also, they do not do large amounts of IQD. Jokingly she said "What do you have like 10 million to exchange?"

I said... Not at that rate. lol

Talk about a mark up. One hell of a spread.

Edited by djgabrielie1
  • Upvote 1

What was the name of that currency exchanger?

I have no idea. I never asked. Just a walk up. The whole event took less than a couple of minutes.

Jip Jip bye.

​It was kind of embarrassing for me to a certain extent. I felt kind of foolish. She must have at least 200 people a day asking about the Dinar. But when I laughed in her face about the exchange rate, she knew I was more than serious.  Dang it. I should have asked about the Dong as well.

I have to go again in the next few weeks. I will ask then about both.

Edited by djgabrielie1

Uh, big picture here, folks!  Let's focus on the fact that someone actually was able to exchange dinars for dollars.  The dinar is  accepted for exchange at the Atlanta airport!  I checked and, lo and behold, found an exchange rate for the IQD on the ihatetaxis.com website, and they quoted a price of 1,349 dinar per dollar, and that already includes their 2.5% commission.  Subtract out the commission, and the price the exchange company is using is 1,315 dinars/dollar.  At that price, the mark-up or "spread" from the CBI rate of 1,166 is 12.86%. Yeah, sure, it's one hell of a spread, but everything you buy at airports is exorbitantly-priced.  We're their captive customers! 

Went to the Atlanta Airport tonight to pick up my wife. Her plane was delayed again and I had some time to walk around. I went to the currency exchange and asked if they exchanged dinar. She said yes and the rate was 1684. Also, they do not do large amounts of IQD. Jokingly she said "What do you have like 10 million to exchange?"

I said... Not at that rate. lol

Talk about a mark up. One hell of a spread.

Grazie for sharing, DJ...It's appreciated......

Uh, big picture here, folks!  Let's focus on the fact that someone actually was able to exchange dinars for dollars.  The dinar is  accepted for exchange at the Atlanta airport!  I checked and, lo and behold, found an exchange rate for the IQD on the ihatetaxis.com website, and they quoted a price of 1,349 dinar per dollar, and that already includes their 2.5% commission.  Subtract out the commission, and the price the exchange company is using is 1,315 dinars/dollar.  At that price, the mark-up or "spread" from the CBI rate of 1,166 is 12.86%. Yeah, sure, it's one hell of a spread, but everything you buy at airports is exorbitantly-priced.  We're their captive customers! 

That's appreciated, Rabbi....Grazie

I was just in ATL and went to 3 exchange booths and was told WE DO NOT TAKE IQD.... HUMMMMM 

I went to the one to the right of the escalators in the main concourse across from the restaurants just about the middle of the North, South baggage claim. I should probably carry a note with me when I pick up my wife next time just to play with them.

you should have went for the trifecta and asked about the ZWD (Zimbabwe dollar) too

Don't have any ZWD. I'll do it the next time.

Edited by djgabrielie1